• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemstar

chansub-global-emoticon-f6c13c7fc0a5c93d-36x30.png

Squire

Banned
Eventually we'll have to have an OT for Persona 5 on the discussion board. Boy, that's gonna be something.

It'll be fine. Once it's announced that alone will kill the air of mystery that makes threads blow up. Nintendo fans will be cut out of the conversation entirely. That's a good start right there.

Soriku

It'll be fine. Once it's announced that alone will kill the air of mystery that makes threads blow up. Nintendo fans will be cut out of the conversation entirely. That's a good start right there.

That PS3 announcement really is going to be surprising as hell, lolz.

my uncle works at nintendo and i'm currently playing a demo copy of persona 5

e: why is chie a nerd in this one
Ah yeah, character development ain't so great in this one, but I guess that's what happens when you stuff 700+ social links in there. Far too many of the character's problems are solved by stuffing them with cakes.
Those pesky Persona fans are a pain in the butt too.

Meia

And Corpse Party is done.

Man,
what a let down. Guess too happy of an ending was too much to expect from this, but damn, that's just depressing. Same old keeps happening, anyone dieing there is stuck repeating said death forever? Yeesh.

It was a ride, but something like this will probably just stick with me to the point where I probably shouldn't have played it in the first place. Time to go watch something excessively happy.

Man,
what a let down. Guess too happy of an ending was too much to expect from this, but damn, that's just depressing. Same old keeps happening, anyone dieing there is stuck repeating said death forever? Yeesh.

It was a ride, but something like this will probably just stick with me to the point where I probably shouldn't have played it in the first place. Time to go watch something excessively happy.

Well dude, the game's called Corpse Party. Probably won't be TOO happy of a game, ya'know? :p

Lunar15

Well, if we're gonna ban Nintendo fans, we have to ban AnimeGAF too. Fair's fair.

Unless it's actually announced for 3DS. >:D

Trust me, I'm a pretty big Nintendo fan and I don't want that either.

Lunar15

You know I'll be really happy to see gone as well? The people that keep on saying "I want it to be announced on 3DS just to see the meltdowns". Those people far outnumber the small-yet-incessant group that begs for it to be on the 3DS. Just... the entire discussion around which system it will be on is frustrating. That being gone will be excellent. The port begging will exist for a little while, but will die out over time.

Although, there will be new, even more frustrating conversations about how P5 "doesn't feel like persona" or other such silliness. Not to mention, Waifu Wars: The Next Generation.

Squire

Banned
I mean the annoying diehards guys. Sorry for the blanket statement. I like Nintendo, too. Or I did up until the Wii.

You know I'll be really happy to see gone as well? The people that keep on saying "I want it to be announced on 3DS just to see the meltdowns".

Those people far outnumber the small-yet-incessant group that begs for it to be on the 3DS.

Yes, also agreed.

Edit: (responding to your edit) Yeah, you already know certain posters will inevitably find something to hate. Not something they don't care for or are ambivalent towards, but actively hate. Because of what they've built the game up to be in their own minds. I'm ready for whatever Atlus is doing though, so that's my stance.

Sorian

Banned
We are all prepared for the complaints that the games are easier as well, right? Not even that they necesarilly will be but thats always a good argument that comes up whenever a long-standing franchise gets a new game.

Gazoinks

We are all prepared for the complaints that the games are easier as well, right? Not even that they necesarilly will be but thats always a good argument that comes up whenever a long-standing franchise gets a new game.

I don't know, has Persona ever been known for its difficulty?

Squire

Banned

Oh, of course. That's just another way to insidiously complain about how it's not like the old games/SMT.

Gazoinks

Naw but P4G is a bit too easy, any easier and they might as well let you skip the dungeons entirely(although to be fair P4G wasn't balanced around the mechanics they added in).

I would be okay with that!

Not really, but this series has bad dungeons. >.> Hope that's something they work on for the new one.

Necrovex

Thing is she don't settle for that monogamy thing: You've got to fight all 108 of her husbands to have her all to yourself.

Oh god that sounds a little too real.

Scott Pilgrim isn't an anime.

His description is close enough!!!!

Also, challenge accepted for a cute demonic woman.

Squire

Banned
Naw but P4G is a bit too easy, any easier and they might as well let you skip the dungeons entirely(although to be fair P4G wasn't balanced around the mechanics they added in).

Which is why I'm convinced this is a non-issue should similar battle mechanics be used in P5.

Dantis

PersonaGAF was founded for the sole purpose of waiting for Persona 5. This is cataclysmic.

It actually wasn't.

Man,

I warned you!

I didn't like the ending at all. No meaning, no progress, nothing. Just a huge "FUCK YOU" to the player.

Garbage, considering how smart some of the game is.

Dantis

Remember when the original thread was just a series spoiler discussion thread born out of Persona 4 Arena's ending? >.>

Those were happier times. Mostly discussion, sometimes images.

Yup. And a lot of us were talking before then. I remember talking to you and Mike in the Arena OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom