• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazzy

Late Summer 2014, and then early 2015 is a good timeframe for the movies actually. :S

After all, this isn't Evangelion that takes 5+ years to make a movie. :p

Well, as long they don't end up as mind-numbingly bad as the Rebuild franchise is.

Well, as long they don't end up as mind-numbingly bad as the Rebuild franchise is.

tumblr_mkncraxI5U1r9j9xbo6_250.gif

Can you feel that hate.

I've really enjoyed the first two Rebuild movies thus far.

Second film is brilliant, it has the best OST out of the current three too.

Yep, same. I however have little to no desire to see the third based on reactions to it and what they've done apparently.

I enjoyed the third film, regardless of all the negative opinions I had heard prior to watching it.

I like how you provided pictures to demonstrate my point! Mari is the perfect representation of everything that is wrong with those films.

Chosen specifically for you, and she just so happens to be the reason why I love the rebuild films. (2.0 and 3.0)

--------------------------

Back on topic. Does anyone know the date for the Persona 3 Movie single CD? I can no longer find it on Amiami making me think that I might already be to late.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, I've seen some opinions that the third is pretty bad, especially with the mythology, but I'll go in with an open mind. I actually like what little we've seen of Mari, it's like they took Asuka's insecurities and stripped them away, along with her emotions. Will wait and see what they do with her.

Kazzy

Yeah, I've seen some opinions that the third is pretty bad, especially with the mythology, but I'll go in with an open mind. I actually like what little we've seen of Mari, it's like they took Asuka's insecurities and stripped them away, along with her emotions. Will wait and see what they do with her.

You answered your own question, they took everything that made Asuka an interesting and complex character, and left you with just a shell. Mari is an exercise in merchandising, nothing more. She simply exists.

fertygo

First two Rebuild movie was really good, the third sucked so bad.. I like any scene with Kaworu tho.

Akira Ishida voice can always guide you through pile of shit, good thing for P3 movie :)

Trigger

You answered your own question, they took everything that made Asuka an interesting and complex character, and left you with just a shell. Mari is an exercise in merchandising, nothing more. She simply exists.

I keep hoping that Mari's inclusion will have more significance in the final movie, but so far...

Caladrius

Oh hi dere AnimeGAF!

Don't avatar quote me.

What are the best party members to use in P3P? I am thinking of torturing myself with Maniac mode.(Or whatever the game calls it.)

fertygo

Oh hi dere AnimeGAF!

Don't avatar quote me.

What are the best party members to use in P3P? I am thinking of torturing myself with Maniac mode.(Or whatever the game calls it.)

2 of Akihiko, Junpei or Aigis and Ken/Yukari

Shinji actually best party member in the game, but you know..

Trigger

Am I the only one who likes 3.0 ;_;

It has some interesting ideas, but everything is just kinda thrown at you with no real time to take it in. I still don't really understand half the plot at this point.

Oh hi dere AnimeGAF!

Don't avatar quote me.

Yukari, Aigis, and Akihiko. Yukiari can handle healing, Aigis and Aki can debuff and buff accordingly, and then MC can fill whatever role is needed.

Junpei drops off around July or so and is kind of meh until his Persona evolves, at which point he becomes one of the best characters in the game.

Akihiko and Aigis are great to use in tandem as they have great synergy with their buffs/debuffs and Akihiko being immune to Aigis' only weakness.

Aki/Mitsu is also a good combination, but you'd need to either bring Yukari along as your final member or make your MC dedicated to healing in order to survive Maniac.

I'd stay away from Ken and Koro-chan, as they'll both really specialized and suffer from a lack of good spells (Ken doesn't get anymulti-target spells and Koromaru only gets the Agi/Mudo lines and nothing else), as well as being weak to Dark and Light respectively (which will screw you over hard on Maniac).

Shinjiro becomes game-breakingly good at high levels, but I highly doubt you're going to be using him for long on Maniac.

sasliquid

I usually use Yukari for the heals with Akihiko and Junpei for buffs, debuffs and elemental diversity but I haven't done a hard play through of 3 yet.

How would everyone feel if my insane theory was proven right and Persona 5 is also Shin Megami Tensei 5 so you ended up having to kill off the majority of the previous casts depending on your alignment?

wont happen but had to say it in case that 0.000000001326% chance I'm right happens

Necrovex

Completely off topic, but Rayman Legends is too fucking good. I actually feel bad for renting it.

Also, I now think that the three announcements will be a new game, a social/iOS/somethingelseshit game and... something else.

Rayman Legends is decent. I am having a difficult time sitting down and playing the blasted thing.

PK Gaming

Oh hi dere AnimeGAF!

Don't avatar quote me.

Random Mobs:

Anybody / Anybody / Healer (Yukari or Ken)

You can use anyone you want here, but you need to pack a healer. Ken has more combat utility because of his access to physical skills and Hama skills let him deal with more enemy types. Yukari can hit multiple targets for pretty high damage, but if an enemy resists / nulls wind, she's kind of useless on the offensive front because battles end before she can use Wind Break.

Bosses:

Akihiko / Aigis / Yukari

Akihiko and Aigis shouldn't need explaining; they both dictate the pace of the fight by controlling damage with buffs & debuffs. Yukari is used because she provides unmatched team healing. Ken should theoretically be interchangeable with Yukari, but his superior physical is inconsequential since he should be on healing duty 24/7, his hama skills are rendered useless and his damage output is marginally lower than Yukari's. The downside to using this team is that boss battles with tons of HP take hella long to finish (especially the "door" bosses). If you have plenty of heal-all items to burn, then feel free to use Mitsuru over Yukari.

Note: Covering Yukari's weakness to Electricity is mandatory. IIRC you can get that by fusing any Tower Persona with a bow.

kewlmyc

Oh hi dere AnimeGAF!

Don't avatar quote me.

Probably been stated to death but Yukari/Akihiko/Aigis. Make sure Fe/MC has a persona that can dish out any physical skill and ice/fire attacks.

fertygo

I liked 3.0 quite a bit. I'll never understand the hate for it. We knew these movies were likely going to go in a new direction from the start.

Even with that excuse, the movie is so poorly made from technical side.. Lousy directing, action, etc.
Anno have no fuck to give.

Meia

What does this do? Get her a bow/accessory that makes her immune to electric? If I'd known you could do that I would have used her instead of Ken.

I never bothered with this.

It's either Thor or Odin that if you make them and they have an item within them, that once leveled gives you an accessory to null lightning. Believe it's Odin. I always just gave my team mates the +10 to everything weapons.

fertygo

It's either Thor or Odin that if you make them and they have an item within them, that once leveled gives you an accessory to null lightning. Believe it's Odin. I always just gave my team mates the +10 to everything weapons.

Thor's the correct answer, Odin gave you acc with Divine Grace abilities..

PK Gaming

What does this do? Get her a bow/accessory that makes her immune to electric? If I'd known you could do that I would have used her instead of Ken.
Yes. Her bow will make her immune to electric.

You get Thor in the mid to late 50s though. This method gives Yukari an electric immunity fairly early on.

Dantis

PersonaGAF, thoughts on Drakengard 3?

I'm not sure what I think of it. The music seems excellent, and one or two of the designs are cool. Other than that... seems a bit weird.

I'm not sure what I think of it. The music seems excellent, and one or two of the designs are cool. Other than that... seems a bit weird.

You played Nier or Drakengard 1? I like the games. The music is especially fantastic!

3 I a prequel, I kinda get the feeling they done it on purpose so it would appeal to more people.

Dantis

You played Nier or Drakengard 1? I like the games. The music is especially fantastic!

3 I a prequel, I kinda get the feeling they done it on purpose so it would appeal to more people.

Loved Nier. Was told Drakengard's gameplay is garbage so I should stay away from it.

Drakengard 3's protagonist seems a bit crappy. Don't care for her design and she seemingly has no personality. Very strange. Two and Three (As in, her sisters) have really neat designs though.

It's a game that I'd definitely rent, but it's apparently only digital, so there's a chance I might not even play it at all. I think Squenix are making a wise decision though. A retail release would be a mega flop.

Necrovex

It's amaaaaaazing, not just decent!

Eh, it's all right.

Loved Nier. Was told Drakengard's gameplay is garbage so I should stay away from it.

The Nier team is working on Drakengard 3; the game will be god-tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom