• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
Even the lack of maturity is leaking through to the thread title... When will this end? Why did we allowed the likes of Golden and Arena to do this to our series? So tiresome, maybe if Atlus did some research--they'd know college would've absolved them of all the light hearted garbage in Arena. Now P5 is already ruined, done with videogames.

Why Atlus, just..... why...

ssshadow

Neo Member
A different interview with Hashino was leaked from Dengeki.

- Persona 5 started development after Catherine’s ended in August 2011.

- At that time they wanted to develop it for the mobile. (I think here he means portables (Vita/PSP) than mobile phone.)

- However, they realised that majority of the fans/players wanted HD, so they decided on developing it for HD machines (aka PS3) instead.

Thank you Hashino-san.

kewlmyc

Even the lack of maturity is leaking through to the thread title... When will this end? Why did we allowed the likes of Golden and Arena to do this to our series? So tiresome, maybe if Atlus did some research--they'd know college would've absolved them of all the light hearted garbage in Arena. Now P5 is already ruined, done with videogames.

Why Atlus, just..... why...

Go home Levito, you're drunk.

Lunar15

Wait wait wait, so... it wasn't PS4 downgraded to PS3, but mobile upgraded to PS3?

I'm assuming that by "mobile" they mean "handheld", not mobile phones... but I could be wrong. Wow, could you imagine the meltdowns if that happened?

Dantis

Man, I'm really glad they didn't go portable. GOOD MOVE HASHINO.

Also, there's a picture of Rise and Narukami dancing together. I'd been wondering if the single player mode will focus on them, and then you encounter the the characters within that.

True Story is also confirmed for the OST. That's one song I am never going to play.

Caladrius

Neat, thanks. So glad they realized most of their fans would prefer a PS3 release than a Vita release.

Guess that basically confirms that they have no plans for a PS4 version (or even a Vita version, really) and that it's going to only be PS3 unless they get Sony's backing or something.

Wonder what the hint within the five chairs is.

I wouldn't put it past them in either case. Did we ever expect P4 for the Vita? The PS3 outclasses the Vita in power but a downport is far from impossible considering all the ports between the two systems.

And I think the chairs are either for 5 party members or 5 protagonists that you change between throughout the game.

Levito

Banned
OK, I'll stop.

Here's a quote that I'm reminded of when people demand "dark" and "mature" themes because they think it begets quality:

"My stool is dark, and nobody says that is good."

-Harry Plinkett, Star Wars Episode 3 review.

Squire

Banned
Wonder what the hint within the five chairs is.

I bet it's the pattern Lunar identified where as one chair is added, the previous chair gets a ball and chain. That probably relates to the new group dynamic.

Also, there's a picture of Rise and Narukami dancing together. I'd been wondering if the single player mode will focus on them, and then you encounter the the characters within that.

True Story is also confirmed for the OST. That's one song I am never going to play.

I bet you'll play everyone in the story starting as Charlie with Rise being the first character you encounter. She'll probably do all the tutorials.

cjkeats

What if it's the only way to unlock the epilogue costumes or something really good for Naoto huh? ;)

In related news, I know which song I'm gonna work on perfecting first. (if the remix is good anyways)

kewlmyc

OK, I'll stop.

Here's a quote that I'm reminded of when people demand "dark" and "mature" themes because they think it begets quality:

I fucking love Red Letter Media.

OK, I'll stop.

I fucking love those plinkett reviews. So good.

I suddenly want pizza rolls

Levito

Banned
So is happy light stool good then?

Why of course.

BaAuW9pCQAAAYlZ.jpg:large

Dantis

What if it's the only way to unlock the epilogue costumes or something really good for Naoto huh? ;)

In related news, I know which song I'm gonna work on perfecting first. (if the remix is good anyways)

Then I'll play it with the sound off. :p

I actually really liked the live version of it, but when Rise's actress sings it, it's way too cutesy for me.

I knew you'd be happy that it was in there, haha. How do you unlock things in the Miku games? Do they have any kind of single player or what?

Levito

Banned
What

Also is it just me or do those graphics look worse than 13 and 13-2

Pretty sure that's actually from XIV. They had this event were Lightning got lost in the XIV universe or something, and you get her skin/clothes if you run a certain Fate(dungeon).

Dantis

Pretty sure that's actually from XIV. They had this event were Lightning got lost in the XIV universe or something, and you get her skin/clothes if you run a certain Fate(dungeon).

Nah, it's Lightning Returns. It's the new DLC.

And it looks no worse than the previous two, I don't think. Looks very similar.

FluxWaveZ

Also, it's nice of Hashino to come out and say that there won't be anything about P5 until the start of 2014. Though, I guess that's just a bit more than a month away.

Squire

Banned
Nah, it's Lightning Returns. It's the new DLC.

And it looks no worse than the previous two, I don't think. Looks very similar.

Look at old screenshots, from XIII in particular (XIII-2 still looks better though, there's just frame-rate issues). LR is the very definition of "rush job".

Also, it's nice of Hashino to come out and say that there won't be anything about P5 until the start of 2014. Though, I guess that's just a bit more than a month away.

Yeah, I appreciate that. That isn't even that far away. I presume they mean the January issue of P magazine.

Caladrius

How do you unlock things in the Miku games? Do they have any kind of single player or what?

It's single player only. There isn't any plot outside of the songs themselves. The game uses a shop-based double unlock system. Successfully clearing stages awards points which you can use to buy cosmetic items such as outfits or accessories. The items themselves have to be unlocked by clearing stages on certain difficulties or by using a certain character enough.

XIV does not look anywhere near that awful. :(

The sheer drabness of LR is absolutely astounding considering that Square is usually near the very top with graphics. The more I see of it the more blatant that it isn't much of a labor of love.

Gazoinks

Just saw this:
They say that Persona 5 is a RPG with the message of expressing the emotional catharsis in the shout of joy made after overcoming your trials and finally being set free of your chains.
Yeah, I'm betting on a senior core group this time. A focus on academic and societal pressures would be pretty interesting in that context, especially if there was an actual in-game reason to study hard enough to pass your eventual entrance exams. I'm still betting on the villain being some sort of "savior" from social pressure and bonds. The theme of the game would then be between taking the easy way out (Villain doing whatever he does) or working hard to free yourself from your bonds and pressure (with the power of friendship). I also like that, despite what seems like a likely darker tone, the focus on joy will mean that it probably won't be all doom and gloom. I'm kinda hoping for a more extreme version of what P4 did, with high light goofy ups and deep down dark downs.

It's single player only. There isn't any plot outside of the songs themselves. The game uses a shop-based double unlock system. Successfully clearing stages awards points which you can use to buy cosmetic items such as outfits or accessories. The items themselves have to be unlocked by clearing stages on certain difficulties or by using a certain character enough.

It's a great system that encourages multiple playthroughs and doesn't feel like you are grinding for them. The only ones that were a bit tedious were like future run, but I played as her in every track anyway.

Just saw this:

Yeah, I'm betting on a senior core group this time. A focus on academic and societal pressures would be pretty interesting in that context, especially if there was an actual in-game reason to study hard enough to pass your eventual entrance exams. I'm still betting on the villain being some sort of "savior" from social pressure and bonds. The theme of the game would then be between taking the easy way out (Villain doing whatever he does) or working hard to free yourself from your bonds and pressure (with the power of friendship). I also like that, despite what seems like a likely darker tone, the focus on joy will mean that it probably won't be all doom and gloom. I'm kinda hoping for a more extreme version of what P4 did, with high light goofy ups and deep down dark downs.

I still like the idea of 'personal' trials like addiction etc. Which can still play into the school social/exam side.

And I don't just mean drug addiction. Could be food, online gaming etc.

It's still going on, actually. I participated in it. It's more fun than basically all of XIII. :p

Impossible! XIII was tons of fun!

Gazoinks

I still like the idea of 'personal' trials like addiction etc. Which can still play into the school social/exam side.

And I don't just mean drug addiction. Could be food, online gaming etc.

Yeah, that'd be interesting as well. I'd guess the S.Link theme will probably be said pressure/bonds, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got at least one character whose particular bond is addiction to something.

Squire

Banned

As Lunar pointed out HS and also friendship are core themes of the series. I'm confident it's going to be a closely knit group akin to P2/4.

I don't think they'll ever retread the group dynamic of P3. Any 60 hour game where the cast basically hates each other for 40 hours of the experience sucks.

And I agree with your last point as well. I've said this on the podcast a few times, but the high highs in P4 make the lows that much lower. It's why
Nanako being sick
is such an effective arc. The same applies to the more somber, weighty moments you encounter during the S. Links.

PK Gaming

P4U2 said:
The voice recording for the story mode of this game has just finished. And apparently the entire script is quite long.

801932969_5_eZig.jpg

As Lunar pointed out HS and also friendship are core themes of the series. I'm confident it's going to be a closely knot group akin to P2/4.

I don't think they'll ever retread the group dynamic of P3. Any 60 hour game where there cast basically hates each other for 40 hours of the experience sucks.

And I agree with your last point as well. I've said this on the podcast a few times, but the high highs in P4 make the lows that much lower. It's why
Nanako being sick
is such an effective arc. The same applies to the more somber, weighty moments you encounter during the S. Links.
I agree with literally everything in this post.

FluxWaveZ

It's going to be a group of dudes that hate each others' guts but are forced to cooperate with one another because they are somehow all chained by their same fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom