• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
Nice to see HS confirmed (it was a given people, seriously) and the themes sound great!

And with that info out there, I'm gonna say the game will be no "darker" than the others o in the series.

Nice to see HS confirmed (it was a given people, seriously) and the themes sound great!

And with that info out there, I'm gonna say the game will be no "darker" than the others o in the series.

I don't mind about the theme being darker or not, it's the tone. Less bubblegum-pop please.

I want the game to have moments of Super Best Friends Time a là P4 since those were my favourite moments in the game. If they go back to a P3-style I-just-live-with-these-people approach, I'm going to be very sad :(

Yeah. This.

image.php

Lunar15

I think Hashino specifically calling out that it would still be in high school but have a "different tone" pretty heavily implies that it's going to lose some of the bubblegum pop of P4.

Personally, I loved the contrast of P4's bright, shiny, pop-y presentation with the twisted undertones of the shadow world. But I'm certainly ready for something different. Just make it awesome!

Apparently we gonna see almost nothing about P5 in famitsu :(

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201311/27043809.html

I don't think we will see anything of value till after Christmas.

I think Hashino specifically calling out that it would still be in high school but have a "different tone" pretty heavily implies that it's going to lose some of the bubblegum pop of P4.

Personally, I loved the contrast of P4's bright, shiny, pop-y presentation with the twisted undertones of the shadow world. But I'm certainly ready for something different. Just make it awesome!

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. It worked great in Persona 4, I just don't want it to become a theme for the future franchise.

I feel like Persona and high school are forever linked. P2EP was refreshing in a way because the party was pretty much all adults, but in the long run I can't see the current Persona Studio committing to something like that unless it was another sequel to a numbered entry. No matter what direction Atlus has decided to go with in P5, I feel I'll be pleased as they have yet to let me down.

fertygo

I don't think we will see anything of value till after Christmas.

I agree.
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. It worked great in Persona 4, I just don't want it to become a theme for the future franchise.

I always think they made P4 like that so fans wouldn't think its always similar to how P3 doing thing, after that done they can go back to dem Edgy..

I just wish they can pull thing smoother with all experience that they now have.. I'm currently at
Shinji's got shot moment
in my current playthrough of P3P, man its so cringe inducing.

P4D subbed trailer said:
And the story's gonna be as Persona as it gets here, too!

Great story confirmed!

Subtitled P4D trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b22_lgI6wP0#t=87 - Link thanks to Flux and cjkeats for showing it to me in irc.

I just wish they can pull thing smoother with all experience that they now have.. I'm currently at
Shinji's got shot moment
in my current playthrough of P3P, man its so cringe inducing.

Hopefully they can. Catherine's execution was a lot smother, but the setting in Catherine leaves little room for cringe inducing moments to arise.

Either way, It's been 5 years since the last Persona game was wrote. Hopefully they've learned a few tricks since then.

Levito

Banned
So disappointed that the new game isn't in college.

Only mature people go to college therefore the game would've been very mature. Now it's going to be less mature because highschool isn't as mature as college. Wonder what Altus has against mature themes in their games? The matureness would've negated the fan service and animeness that plagued P3/4, which were of course less mature than their SMT brethren-- hell there was even a big step down in matureness from P1/2. For once the fans clamoured for mature college themes in the series--and Atlus didn't listen. So alas, my interest in the series is dead. Thanks for not listening to the fans Atlus, how very immature of you.

cjkeats

Only mature people go to college therefore the game would've been very mature. Now it's going to be less mature because highschool isn't as mature as college. Wonder what Altus has against mature themes in their games? The matureness would've negated the fan service and animeness that plagued P3/4, which were of course less mature than their SMT brethren-- hell there was even a big step down in matureness from P1/2. For once the fans clamoured for mature college themes in the series--and Atlus didn't listen. So alas, my interest in the series is dead. Thanks for not listening to the fans Atlus, how very immature of you.

FXsCkBE.jpg

Just choked on my tea-- thanks Levito! :D

Moonlight

Banned

Bravo.

fertygo

I know this only a satire

But if true the setting is graduating class, that's still heavier than 2nd year college... those people better think it again.

Squire

Banned

S. Link FM = cancelled

10/10 would enroll again

Darn, I was hoping someone else would've said this and it would've been a serious post.

Fantastic.

Something something The Rock Shia Lebewf something David cage

Squire

Banned
I know this only a satire

But if true the setting is graduating class, that's still heavier than 2nd year college... those people better think it again.

That's the great irony of the "debate" though. Japanese culture attributes more weight to high school than college. We've had people who know the culture (or claim to) explain this countless times.

Lunar15

That's the great irony of the "debate" though. Japanese culture attributes more weight to high school than college. We've had people who know the culture (or claim to) explain this countless times.

The "debate" has always been hilarious. Hashino "defines" Persona as "High School". He's been adamant about this in interviews. It's clear they made Catherine its own thing because Hashino's team wanted to explore non-high school themes. He even went out of his way to explain that high school is a great theme because basically everyone has been through it. For those that are currently in it, it's relevant, for those who have been through it, it's nostalgic.

I think people get hung up on the fact that EP involved out-of-high school situations, but that was under a different director and team.

Squire

Banned
The "debate" has always been hilarious. Hashino "defines" Persona as "High School". He's been adamant about this in interviews. It's clear they made Catherine its own thing because Hashino's team wanted to explore non-high school themes. He even went out of his way to explain that high school is a great theme because basically everyone has been through it. For those that are currently in it, it's relevant, for those who have been through it, it's nostalgic.

I think people get hung up on the fact that EP involved out-of-high school situations, but that was under a different director and team.

Absolutely.

Levito

Banned
Don't know why all of you are making light of my legitimate gripe with the new game. Any semblance of maturity in P3/4 was destroyed the moment Arena was released. The only way to salvage the mature themes that permeated the older games was to start fresh. Now we're going to be bombarded with themes and characters so lacking in maturity to the degree that it'll be nauseating.

We were promised dark and mature themes, and now we're getting the same adolescent garbage. Enough is enough Atlus, we grow tried of your promises of grim themes--only to be slapped in the face with a color pallet befitting of a Japanese Animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom