• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight

Banned
I'm trying to go for Hardcore Risette Fan and argh. I actually started welcoming Debilitate because that was three voice clips done for each character right then and there.

Are a lot of the extra little interactions worth doing in Golden? I've been going on one scooter trip with each character and those have been okay. The movies seem almost useless.

Also I didn't think it was possible but playing Golden has made me love Nanako even more. ;_; nanako
In P4G, 'scooter' skills are some of the best that each character can get for themselves. For instance, it's the only way that Chie can get Bufudyne or Naoto to round out her elemental coverage (plus Angelic Grace, which is absurd). If you care about the game part of the game, then you'll pick up some really useful skills by going to the hot springs and talking about 'the future' (and remember old moves by talking about 'the past'). Going to the movies with a character just levels them up. If it's a movie that they like, you get a few Social Link points, but yeah, it's not hugely important. If you couldn't care less about quick level ups or skills, then I'd just ignore them, yeah.

And yeah, Golden'll do that.

PK Gaming

Question--have any of you platinumed Golden? It actually doesn't look that hard at all side from Hardcore Risette Fan.
Yeah, I platinum-ed it a 2 months ago, it wasn't too bad.

Even Hardcotte Risette is easy if you alternate between using every character at all levels. (IE: Rotating the party at all times) and talk to Rise at every opportunity in a dungeon. She can potentially join in on conversations between your other party members, so you should talk to them too.

Some of them (legend of inaba, the book one, secret boss fight, Izanagi-no-Okami) require a 2nd playthrough minimum. It's possible to get most of them on your first run, but that would require trait grinding, and that's not a fun experience.

Are a lot of the extra little interactions worth doing in Golden? I've been going on one scooter trip with each character and those have been okay. The movies seem almost useless.

Also I didn't think it was possible but playing Golden has made me love Nanako even more. ;_; nanako
Movie trips are useless. Watch them once and reload OR watch them when you literally have nothing better to do (ie when it's raining and your traits are maxed)

General rule for scooter trips:
Yukiko: Going for all 5 trips notable nets her MIND CHARGE. Her DPS skyrockets in battles, and she becomes the 2nd strongest party member in the game.

Chie: Going for all 5 trips notable nets her Bufudyne, aka her only method of dishing out acceptable magic damage. It's definitely not mandatory since Bufula gets the job done most of the time, but it's definitely a nice move to have for consistencies sake (it's also useful in fights against enemies that resist/null phys skills) She also gets Hamaon, which is actually a legitimate move choice on Chie, since her high luck gives it a decent activation rate. Use it when all of your attacks are ineffective against enemies or you run into Hama weak foes (somewhat common lategame).

Naoto: 2 trips nets her Ziodyne & Bufudyne, which effectively grants her perfect coverage in conjunction with the rest of her natural skillset. The rest of her skills are okay, but not hardly necessary.

Kanji: all 5 trips nets him Mediarama, which is EXTREMELY useful on Kanji. Get this skill right away.

Rise: All-out attack damage goes for every trip. Not too fond of this one, but the new animation on AoA is nice.

Yosuke: He gets gimmicky shit, Megido (lmao) and Diaharan. Pass.

Teddie: all 5 trips evade physical, which is a really useful (but necessary) skill. Go for it if you like using Teddie.

TL;DR:

Must haves:
-Yukiko, Naoto

Fairly useful:
-Chie, Teddie

Ok:
-Rise

LOL no thanks:
-Kanji, Yosuke

Moonlight

Banned
My strategy for HRF thus far has been to take my main crew of Yosuke, Yukiko, and Chie into the story dungeons, then take Kanji and Teddie into the dungeon immediately prior to the new one. Ran into an over-levelling problem that I just solved by speed-running through dungeons until enemy levels were finally high enough for Rise to start warning me about how tough the fight was gonna be. Oh, and just sit around and block when I run into a debuff/ailment-happy enemy like the Snake.

And Hyperspeed Reading is the best.

Acid08

Banned
I'm trying to go for Hardcore Risette Fan and argh. I actually started welcoming Debilitate because that was three voice clips done for each character right then and there.

In P4G, 'scooter' skills are some of the best that each character can get for themselves. For instance, it's the only way that Chie can get Bufudyne or Naoto to round out her elemental coverage (plus Angelic Grace, which is absurd). If you care about the game part of the game, then you'll pick up some really useful skills by going to the hot springs and talking about 'the future' (and remember old moves by talking about 'the past'). Going to the movies with a character just levels them up. If it's a movie that they like, you get a few Social Link points, but yeah, it's not hugely important. If you couldn't care less about quick level ups or skills, then I'd just ignore them, yeah.

And yeah, Golden'll do that.

Yeah, I platinum-ed it a 2 months ago, it wasn't too bad.

Even Hardcotte Risette is easy if you alternate between using every character at all levels. (IE: Rotating the party at all times) and talk to Rise at every opportunity in a dungeon. She can potentially join in on conversations between your other party members, so you should talk to them too.

Some of them (legend of inaba, the book one, secret boss fight, Izanagi-no-Okami) require a 2nd playthrough minimum. It's possible to get most of them on your first run, but that would require trait grinding, and that's not a fun experience.

Movie trips are useless. Watch them once and reload OR watch them when you literally have nothing better to do (ie when it's raining and your traits are maxed)

General rule for scooter trips:

TL;DR:

Must haves:
-Yukiko, Naoto

Fairly useful:
-Chie, Teddie

Ok:
-Rise

LOL no thanks:
-Kanji, Yosuke
Thanks for that guys! I'll go for the Chie and Yukiko skills.

PK Gaming

Use this guide on your 2nd playthrough. It's a low-key guide that tells you exactly what you need to do to max out all S.links. It also alerts you trophies and other hidden secrets, and it's pretty flexible too.
You say "GET THIS SKILL IMMEDIATELY" for Kanji, yet you put him in "LOL no thanks" with Yosuke? Your logic baffles me.
Dude...

Kanji gets Mediarama as a final bike skill...
In a game with no shortage of great healers...
A character who spends most of his time attacking / buffing...
And his magic stat is ass...

:V

Tamanon

Banned
I'm still not sure how I messed up the Strength S link for the book trophy on this playthrough. I had the required rank and they never called on that day in July. Oh well, this is my second playthrough of Golden anyways after getting the new bad ending, so it was basically just compendium farming since I can't get the Compendium trophy until finishing the great ending.

Levito

Banned
Use this guide on your 2nd playthrough. It's a low-key guide that tells you exactly what you need to do to max out all S.links. It also alerts you trophies and other hidden secrets, and it's pretty flexible too.

Thanks PK!

Going to have to make a list of the trophys I can get on the first playthrough and then new game+.

todd360

I'm still not sure how I messed up the Strength S link for the book trophy on this playthrough. I had the required rank and they never called on that day in July. Oh well, this is my second playthrough of Golden anyways after getting the new bad ending, so it was basically just compendium farming since I can't get the Compendium trophy until finishing the great ending.

I think you have to go to your room without doing anything else at night or some crap like that the day before they are supposed to call you and give you the book. Its something weird like that anyways. I don't think I will platinum it though just because I would have to play for the 3rd time and the rise trophy just sounds annoying to get. I'm working at trying to finish all social links and
fight margaret though.

During the last day of the school festival at Yasogami High School, there was a sudden sound of a mysterious bell. After hearing the sound, the Persona-users are then sent to a parallel universe, where they find themselves in a school that looks exactly like Yasogami High; however, it also has an eerie clock tower they’ve never seen before.

If you go with Persona 3’s protagonist, the story starts in the middle of a stormy autumn night. Due to their school festival being canceled, the members of SEES (Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad) gather at Tartarus, where they hear a strange sound of a bell. After entering the Velvet Room, a certain incident occurs.

Before they realize it, they find themselves in the midst of a school festival at Yasogami High School. It doesn’t take long until they encounter Shadows, similar to those they’ve previously fought in Tartarus. While fighting the Shadows and looking for a way out, they suddenly find themselves face to face with a group of high school students who call themselves the Investigation Team.

Next, is a look at the game’s story if you start the game with the Persona 4 protagonist:

It’s the last day of the Yasogami High School festival, and the protagonist, along with the rest of the Investigation Team, is enjoying the festivities. However, there’s a distinct sound of an unfamiliar bell they all seem to hear. Upon looking outside the window, they see a clock tower that was never there before.

Due to the unforeseen event, the group searches its way around the school to spot any traces of Shadow activity. While fighting the Shadows, the Investigation Team encounter another group of Persona-users, who seem to be from a different school. The group calls themselves the “Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad,” and they decide to team up to find the exit of what appears to be a labyrinth.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/03/persona-3-4-characters-meet-persona-q-shadow-labyrinth/

Parallel universe so no more canon debate. :lol

Dantis

I love how with PQ they're fine with just coming out and saying "This is nonsense" but with P4D they're like "This is a canonical story. They're dancers now. DEAL WITH IT".

Bonkers company.

Dantis

The Investigation Team can dance if they want to...

They can leave their friends behind...

'Cos their friends don't dance and if they don't dance, then they're no friends of mine!

Tamanon

Banned
I love how with PQ they're fine with just coming out and saying "This is nonsense" but with P4D they're like "This is a canonical story. They're dancers now. DEAL WITH IT".

Bonkers company.

More proof that Persona and Sony devices go together. 3DS just gets the spinoffs!

cj_iwakura

How was it?

The game or the translation?

The translation is stellar, but has a few quirks, also one vicious glitch. The item that sacrifices the user to revive everyone else(which is very helpful) doesn't do the reviving.

The quirks are namely Michelle being used instead of Michel, and a LOT of profanity.
Also, the Kasugayama HS insult is kind of dumb.

The Investigation Team can dance if they want to...

They can leave their friends behind...

'Cos their friends don't dance and if they don't dance, then they're no friends of mine!

How is it possible that we've gone this long without getting a reference to this?

p.s. in the spirit of the holidays would any of you kind souls be willing to make me a Christmas-themed Mark avatar preferably with a clear background?

EP PSP runs way smoother than IS.

The encounter rate and difficulty are unchanged from the original. I've played both, EP PSP is still plenty tough.

I got decimated by Chizuru.

It really makes me sad to think Atlus USA did translate it and didn't get it inserted. Send that over to Victor Ireland and he'll get it going.
(Eventually)

Well, seeing how many projects Atlus was juggling recently it doesn't surprise me that they were too busy to take care of localization programming for the US release of EP PSP.
I wonder if they'll accept giving it to a third party.

Atlus (and most other Japanese companies) should really start making games so that you don't need to do localization programming later down the line.
It doesn't take many additional resources (it's negligible) and it's a best programming practice either way.

cj_iwakura

Well, seeing how many projects Atlus was juggling recently it doesn't surprise me that they were too busy to take care of localization programming for the US release of EP PSP.
I wonder if they'll accept giving it to a third party.

Atlus (and most other Japanese companies) should really start making games so that you don't need to do localization programming later down the line.
It doesn't take many additional resources (it's negligible) and it's a best programming practice either way.

Or just make like Victor Ireland and hire a programmer or two.

They just need to work on localization simultaneously with development.

Caladrius

Or just make like Victor Ireland and hire a programmer or two.

Are you asking them to spend more money?

In all seriousness they probably just skip out on it because they want to get the game out as soon as possible in their home territory before focusing on the other ones.

amaze.gif

kewlmyc

Dude...

Kanji gets Mediarama as a final bike skill...
In a game with no shortage of great healers...
A character who spends most of his time attacking / buffing...
And his magic stat is ass...

:V

Apparently I can't into sarcasm today. :p He does get power charge though which is totally worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom