• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

Well, they'll have to show at least a few new screenshots and/or some interesting interviews or else an investment into renewing the Persona magazine would have been absolutely useless and there'd be no incentive for people to pick it up.

I don't expect too much info about the dancing game or Persona 5, but Persona Q and Persona 3 the movie info sounds reasonable. Persona 4 Arena 2 as well.

Both Persona Q and Persona 3 the movie are launching next Spring/Summer, so I imagine we'll hear about them. We'll also probably get more story details regarding Persona 4 Arena 2.

All the games are listed on the cover at any rate, so it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect something.

Never understood that. The whole point of quarantining Community from OT was because Communities would become often off-topic friend groups that would chat about whatever but that (like an electron cloud) would still gravitate around a nucleus of common interest. So to sanction Communities for acting, like, a community always struck me as kinda silly.

That said, off-topic waifu wars does edge close to sanctionable material, but only if the duration is long

To be honest, I only started noticing it was a problem when everything was completely derailed. Off-topic to some degree is expected, as you mention, but it should still be relatively close to Persona. Yet that last page(*) devolved into completely off-topic nonsense involving anime gifs, "waifu talk", and something that shouldn't have been brought up at all with the poster intending to try and turn it into a meme. :p

Doesn't help that we've been questioned for less than that too. >_>;

(*I'm using 100ppp, so it was all one page for me, and I didn't realize my post would push to the next page. Oops. XD)

FluxWaveZ

P-ch got another update.

It's celebrating 700k global sales for P4G as well as the fact that it won the PS Awards' "User Choice Awards" for its second year in a row:

048859356921803da25efe9e5fc961d87b60.jpg

700k is pretty good. I think this would deserve its own thread but I'm not doing it.

Dantis

Hot damn, that's so great.

P5 is GUARANTEED to go over a million now, surely.

Never understood that. The whole point of quarantining Community from OT was because Communities would become often off-topic friend groups that would chat about whatever but that (like an electron cloud) would still gravitate around a nucleus of common interest. So to sanction Communities for acting, like, a community always struck me as kinda silly.

That said, off-topic waifu wars does edge close to sanctionable material, but only if the duration is long

I agree with this. I think it's about self moderation. There were, what, 100+ posts about it? Too much, basically.

Soriku

Like the P4 ER, there are some good "Best of videos" (DP spoilers). One of the most hilarious moments for me was this one.

This video is hilarious. DP endurance run is great. P4 is a bit better though.

Also I hope we at least get some new P5 art, if not a few screens. It's nice that they announced the game but the teaser trailer gives us very little to work with.

Gbraga

Ok, so P2:EP was cheap a few days ago and I bought it to play on my Vita (just got it) before I play Persona 4 Golden, but IS is still a bit expensive to me, can I jump straight to EP? And will that ruin IS if I decide to play it later? Never played Persona 1/2, but with Q, Dance and 5 about to come out (and also I finally have a chance to play Golden, can't wait), it's the perfect time to.

If I need to play IS first, then I'll just jump straight to Golden while i wait for a sale on IS.

Sophia

Ok, so P2:EP was cheap a few days ago and I bought it to play on my Vita (just got it) before I play Persona 4 Golden, but IS is still a bit expensive to me, can I jump straight to EP? And will that ruin IS if I decide to play it later? Never played Persona 1/2, but with Q, Dance and 5 about to come out (and also I finally have a chance to play Golden, can't wait), it's the perfect time to.

If I need to play IS first, then I'll just jump straight to Golden while i wait for a sale on IS.

We all played Eternal Punishment first in English anyhow. You're suppose to play IS first, but nobody really did. So go for it, it won't hurt your enjoyment.

That said, Eternal Punishment PS1 is harder than Innocent Sin PSP. Keep that in mind.

Gbraga

We all played Eternal Punishment first in English anyhow. You're suppose to play IS first, but nobody really did. So go for it, it won't hurt your enjoyment.

That said, Eternal Punishment PS1 is harder than Innocent Sin PSP. Keep that in mind.

I say wait for IS now that we have a good english version of it.

Thanks for your answers. I guess I'll go with EP for the proper "atlus pls" experience, even if I'm supposed to have played IS first.

PK Gaming

Thanks for your answers. I guess I'll go with EP for the proper "atlus pls" experience, even if I'm supposed to have played IS first.
I'd wait if I were you. While it's definitely possible to play EP before IS, EP is a direct sequel to IS so you will be missing out on a lot of contextual callbacks, and the significance of certain events in EP will be lost on you.

I strongly suggest you play them in order. Heck, I recommend watching an entire playthrough of IS on youtube, since it's a strenuous game.

I'd wait if I were you. While it's definitely possible to play EP before IS, EP is a direct sequel to IS so you will be missing out on a lot of contextual callbacks, and the significance of certain events in EP will be lost on you.

I strongly suggest you play them in order. Heck, I recommend watching an entire playthrough of IS on youtube, since it's a strenuous game.

This seems to be the case with a lot of old-school SMT games unfortunately.

fertygo

This seems to be the case with a lot of old-school SMT games unfortunately.

Eh old school mainline SMT (Aside SMT1, yuck) are still perfectly playable, its have very basic but addicting battle and mechanic.. heard good thing with the original Soul Hackers too. 1st person view exploration aside (which SMT1 barely bearable due to completely outdated graphic, at least SMT2 and up have SNES level texture that help a lot)

I think the biggest problem with P1-P2 is the terrible battle, like less compact version of Suikoden battle if I might to compare.

Its growing on me though.

cj_iwakura

Eh old school mainline SMT (Aside SMT1, yuck)

Them's fighting words, I love SMT1. It's still perfectly playable, it just has tons of random battles. If people can still play stuff like Wizardry and Dark Spire, people can still play SMT1. And it has one of the best OSTs Atlus has ever done.

Vita get. I'm stunned how fast Amazon's free shipping is. (Good thing I was here, that thing got left outside the door.)

fertygo

Them's fighting words, I love SMT1. It's still perfectly playable, it just has tons of random battles. If people can still play stuff like Wizardry and Dark Spire, people can still play SMT1. And it has one of the best OSTs Atlus has ever done.

Vita get. I'm stunned how fast Amazon's free shipping is. (Good thing I was here, that thing got left outside the door.)

Read my edit.. I hope they doing proper remake of it in future.. more interested with that possibility than SMTV tbh

Almost done with Bastion, should start Eternal Punishment on Thrusday!

Persona 2 Innocent Sin ENDING SPOILERS follow:
Can't wait after how Innocent Sin ended!!! :D
Everybody all happy, yippie! We killed the final boss!
And then completely unexpected and out of the blue.... ZACK!!! Speared right through the heart!

Play Innocent Sin first!! Heavily recommended, it's an experience!

How about EP PSP? Does anybody have any data on the difficulty of that one?

The two things that bothered me the most in Innocent Sin were the high encounter rate and the lagging menus. Couldn't count how many times I entered a wrong command because of it >_>

cj_iwakura

How about EP PSP? Does anybody have any data on the difficulty of that one?

The two things that bothered me the most in Innocent Sin were the high encounter rate and the lagging menus. Couldn't count how many times I entered a wrong command because of it >_>

EP PSP runs way smoother than IS.

The encounter rate and difficulty are unchanged from the original. I've played both, EP PSP is still plenty tough.

I got decimated by Chizuru.

It really makes me sad to think Atlus USA did translate it and didn't get it inserted. Send that over to Victor Ireland and he'll get it going.
(Eventually)

I wonder how many people confident in an 'enhanced' version of Persona 5 coming out for the Vita shortly after its PS3 release will skip out on buying it until then.

fertygo

I wonder if there's good playthrough video of EP PS1 so I can watch it while playing the PSP version (ridiculous idea I know)
I really don't want to view that PSX HUD again
I wonder how many people confident in an 'enhanced' version of Persona 5 coming out for the Vita shortly after its PS3 release will skip out on buying it until then.
LOL I don't understand why they so sure abut that.

cj_iwakura

I wonder if there's good playthrough video of EP PS1 so I can watch it while playing the PSP version (ridiculous idea I know)
I really don't want to view that PSX HUD again

I kind of like the PSX HUD, but maybe because I'm so used to it. Also, wallpapers.

Asd202

I'm sure enhanced version of P5 will happen not sure on what console it'll be on but I won't be able to wait for it. Too much hype :(

FluxWaveZ

A future Vita port is as likely as a PS4 port in my mind... which is to say I have no clue. PS3 was the predictable platform, so it's fitting that it's the only target system right now.

Hence why I put enhanced in quotations. It would be a case closer to P3P rather than P4G.

Christ no. Never again. Pretty sure even a developer interview stated that they regretted the compromises that they had to make to design the game for the PSP and that they were glad that they didn't have to do that with P4G.

That's not to say that the Vita wouldn't be able to handle P5 without downgrading its presentation too badly, though.

fertygo

That 5th Kiseki game have both version (PS3 & PSV) that look identical, although I don't know how much more advanced P5 will be compared to that game.

Lunar15

If P4G added a female protagonist it'd be cool if her Persona was
Izanami
and the final boss was
Izanagi.

I get the idea here, but that doesn't really make sense given the mythology.

It'd be like if FeMC's persona was Nyx and you fought Orpheus.

Caladrius

Would have made it too obvious, I guess.

As if the other new social link doesn't do that too?

At least the suggestion wouldn't have a Kenji-tier Social Link that tries to ram her into the main cast.

I get the idea here, but that doesn't really make sense given the mythology.

It'd be like if FeMC's persona was Nyx and you fought Orpheus.

*Implying
Izanagi wasn't a jerk to her after she died.

fertygo

This could have been our P4G social link, but nooo...

Why you gotta hate, Persona Team.
But P4 spoiler
he appearing as dude in P4
Well Catherine already looks leagues better as it is, so I wouldn't take anything from that.
You might seen PS3 Tales of game uglier than Catherine too if that's your point, but its certainly bigger game than puzzle game like catherine and we don't know how big P5 will be.. Its could've have few location like last 3 game (P3, P4, Catherine)

and we can say for certain Atlus's budget will closer to Falcom for that Kiseki game, than what Namco-Bandai had for Tales of PS3 game

I rather P5 have enhanced port to PS4 than Vita btw

Dantis

This could have been our P4G social link, but nooo...

Why you gotta hate, Persona Team.

P4G spoilers:

You realise that this would literally be what Marie is, only with a much worse design, right? She's an aspect of Izanami as it is.

Stylistic choices is a big deal in how good something looks.

It is. But the Trails In The Flash is not a pretty game either way.

I think P5 will look like Catherine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom