• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

I get the idea here, but that doesn't really make sense given the mythology.

It'd be like if FeMC's persona was Nyx and you fought Orpheus.
I don't really agree with your analogy.
Izanagi & Izanami are 2 parts of the same whole.
Orpheus was a legendary musician (a man) whereas Nyx was a greek goddess. It's not like Atlus was super accurate when it comes to mythos anyway (female Oprheus, wat).I could see them smudging the story to support the reversal of roles between
Izanagi and Izanami in this hypothetical FeMC path in Persona 4.

kewlmyc

I don't really agree with your analogy.
Izanagi & Izanami are 2 parts of the same whole.
Orpheus was a legendary musician (a man) whereas Nyx was a greek goddess. It's not like Atlus was super accurate when it comes to mythos anyway (female Oprheus, wat).I could see them smudging the story to support the reversal of roles between
Izanagi and Izanami in this hypothetical FeMC path in Persona 4.

Female Orpheus was pretty odd. I wish they just gave her another persona. It would have gave her even more of her own identity.

yyyugen

f1f62a14e7b9addde91628a8e8584f531386070446_full.jpg

Lets Go!

Levito

Banned
My goodness I'm loving Golden, there's just enough changes from vanilla P4 that it makes the whole thing feel fresh.

Levito

Banned
Buddha that icon is flippin' great!

I knew you'd enjoy the little changes. There are a LOT of them.

Yeah good call, there's quite a few! Thus far all for the better too.

Some of you may already know this, but this Friday we're doing a crossover episode of the podcast with a MegaTen podcast called Cathedral of Shadows. They're quite knowledgeable about the greater SMT lexicon and we're going to talk about stuff like how silly the bickering between the fandoms is.

(Also just wait till you all see what Trueself has made omg)

EMT0

Banned

Some of you may already know this, but this Friday we're doing a crossover episode of the podcast with a MegaTen podcast called Cathedral of Shadows. They're quite knowledgeable about the greater SMT lexicon and we're going to talk about stuff like how silly the bickering between the fandoms is.

Could you ask them if they can explain the overall timeline from SMT1 leading to Persona 4? It's....kind of complicated. There are two alternate universes in between SMT1 and P4 IIRC. And maybe ask them if they have any theories on why there are no demons in Persona anymore, aside from Atlus deciding to handwave them away.

Levito

Banned
Could you ask them if they can explain the overall timeline from SMT1 leading to Persona 4? It's....kind of complicated. There are two alternate universes in between SMT1 and P4 IIRC. And maybe ask them if they have any theories on why there are no demons in Persona anymore, aside from Atlus deciding to handwave them away.

Haha wow that'll surely be tough. Sure thing, though can you throw that question on the website post so I don't forget it?

Marche90

Moving right along people. We need to get to the next page ASAP

Start posting more!

Also, I don't understand something, Levito. How can you find the Vita uncomfortable? It is actually bigger in size to the Dualshock controllers. The button size and placement?

Caladrius

Moving right along people. We need to get to the next page ASAP

Start posting more!

Also, I don't understand something, Levito. How can you find the Vita uncomfortable? It is actually bigger in size to the Dualshock controllers. The button size and placement?

None of the handhelds really have any smooth contours to put your hands on.

PK Gaming

I've heard of those guys before. I haven't really looked into their podcasts, but from what i've heard they seem like pretty cool folk.

Persona vs SMT

This should be a treat.

Levito

Banned

The Vita doesn't fit in your palms at all, I just end up clutching it with my thumbs, index and middle fingers. Even with my new grips my ring and pinky fingers are kind of left dangling.

Plus at home I'd rather just use my bravia. :p

Moonlight

Banned
Vita is fine for a couple hours, then your hands start to cramp up something fierce. To this day I have absolutely no idea what the point of the grooves on the thing are, because holding the thing 'right' like that just hurts my hands. But then the rear touchpad thinks I'm using it when I hold it any other way and ugh.

It's better than 3DS OG ergonomics, but that's really not a high bar.

EMT0

Banned
Rise nightmare fuel:

BalcmOLCUAAIb_2.jpg:large

Already mentioned I bought grips--hence why I've finally started playing my Vita more. :p

Good man, I really started liking my Vita a lot more when I got grips too. I'd rank it

OG 3DS <<< 3DS XL < Vita = OG 3DS w/Grip << Vita w/Grip

Acid08

Banned
Are a lot of the extra little interactions worth doing in Golden? I've been going on one scooter trip with each character and those have been okay. The movies seem almost useless.

Also I didn't think it was possible but playing Golden has made me love Nanako even more. ;_; nanako

Levito

Banned
Question--have any of you platinumed Golden? It actually doesn't look that hard at all side from Hardcore Risette Fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom