• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

I think you know what I mean. :p It's an accessory of their outfit, not a blatant colorful indicator meant to say 'look a girl!'.

Weeeelllll..... Considering I'm arguing technicalities for the sake of amusement and to play the devil's advocate... it kinda is an indicator meant to say that, given the fact that the males get ties instead. :p

But yeah I know what you mean.

Squire

Banned
Got it. I think P5 WILL have a reference or two, but probably on the level of the p1/2 references in P3. A passing mention of the Nanjo Group, maybe a blue butterfly or two, etc.

Sure. That sort of minor stuff I expect just because it is a Persins game and it is canon.

It's acting as though it's going to have to huge, tangible influence on the plot that I find completely silly.

I personally love Arena's whacked out, crazy, fanfictiony, nonsense story. It's fun, and I wasn't expecting the world out of it. Just because I think it's ridiculous doesn't mean I don't think it's fun. Just reign it in when it's time for P5, which I know they will.

But man, I don't know what's worse, waiting for Sunday or waiting for the release of the game once we've been teased.

Agreed 100%. The regular games are all very much thought-provoking experiences, and that's the intent. Arena is for the fans though. It's just fun and that's the point. I've said before, but I kind of wish it wasn't canon. Not because there's any element of it that bothers me, but because I think people can get hung up on that fact. They conflate "this is canon" with "this is all going to be majorly influential and relevant going forward."

pan-hime

I have a question.
I know no embedding Persona 5 images beyond the MC, but what about their persona; Is it alright to post the MC's persona? Or leave it at the P5 media thread?
this is a stupid question, but I just want to be sure.

Sure. That sort of minor stuff I expect just because it is a Persins game and it is canon.

It's acting as though it's going to have to huge, tangible influence on the plot that I find completely silly.

Agreed 100%. The regular games are all very much thought-provoking experiences, and that's the intent. Arena is for the fans though. It's just fun and that's the point. I've said before, but I kind of wish it wasn't canon. Not because there's any element of it that bothers me, but because I think people can get hung up on that fact. They conflate "this is canon" with "this is all going to be majorly influential and relevant going forward."

I agree. I appreciate that P Studio wants all of their Persona projects to exist in the same universe, but I'm wary of ASW and how many iterations of P4A they have planned. Continuing to extend this story just for the sake of new characters, balance adjustments, and new gameplay systems could get very dicey, especially if it's all supposed to be canon. I mean, unless it's the most epic Golden Week in history...

Sophia

I have a question.
I know no embedding Persona 5 images beyond the MC, but what about their persona; Is it alright to post the MC's persona? Or leave it at the P5 media thread?
this is a stupid question, but I just want to be sure.

Personas are fine as long as they're not spoiler material, assuming they'll be shown off with the first batch of screens/trailers anyhow.

I agree. I appreciate that P Studio wants all of their Persona projects to exist in the same universe, but I'm wary of ASW and how many iterations of P4A they have planned. Continuing to extend this story just for the sake of new characters, balance adjustments, and new gameplay systems could get very dicey, especially if it's all supposed to be canon. I mean, unless it's the most epic Golden Week in history...

I remember when we were all so sure that P4A was to be the only one, a one off.

Soriku

OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ *creepy panting*

I didn't like any of the dungeon themes. It's a good thing for the Overworld and Boss themes.

You don't like Secret Base, Heaven, Memory (the new dungeon theme in P4G) at least?

Caladrius

I remember when we were all so sure that P4A was to be the only one, a one off.

The almighty sovereign we call "the mad moneys" intervened. We would have been correct otherwise.

You don't like Secret Base, Heaven, Memory (the new dungeon theme in P4G) at least?

Those were actually the 3 I liked the least. I'm generally not much for chill music unless it also happens to be super-funky.or trippy. If it isn't terribly energetic (or terrifying) I just lose interest very quickly because It's not very stimulating. I listen to music for the energy and stimulation first and the composition and technical aspects second.

Soriku

Those were actually the 3 I liked the least. I'm generally not much for chill music unless it also happens to be super-funky.or trippy. If it isn't terribly energetic (or terrifying) I just lose interest very quickly because It's not very stimulating. I listen to music for the energy and stimulation first and the composition and technical aspects second.

Damn :/ Those are probably the top 3 for me. Do you like Sauna the most then? lol. The drums are pretty awesome in that song.

Lunar15

We should all order P'zones in honor of P5 this weekend.

Dear god no i was kidding please don't ever go to pizza hut.

Caladrius

Damn :/ Those are probably the top 3 for me. Do you like Sauna the most then? lol. The drums are pretty awesome in that song.

Sauna was about middle of the road. Either the
Magatsu Inaba
dungeon or
Yukiko's
Castle themes were the best out of those for me. Those had some of the tension that I would expect from a dungeon theme, which I thought the majority of the others were devoid of.

Dear god no i was kidding please don't ever go to pizza hut.

*Does it anyway*

Heaven, Long Way and Corridor are the best dungeon themes imo.
Homing Missile launchers
Rocket Launchers
Lasers
Armor piercing lasers
Flight
Exploding rocket drills
Temporal Field (works like sukukaja WITH CAUSALITY VIOLATION)

Omega don't need no stinkin' Persona to beat down a buncha toasters.
Come at me sis.
It ain't that kawaii though.

Btw I reckon this should be your title, not mine:
DSCF3677_zpsb075c08f.jpg

Soriku

I was in HS when I played P3/P4 and I'm in college now but I don't mind them continuing with a HS setting at all.

CrazyDude

Adults or university. See: Soul Hackers or Persona 2 EP. Heck, they can even be teenagers, but it doesn't have to be in a school again.

It's been in a school for every persona game except for Persona 2 EP. It's kind central to the series at this point. You can't point to soul hacker because it's from devil summoners series.

Nothing will disappoint me. I read comics. I play Warhammer. Nothing can be as bad as some of the crap I've experienced being in those two fandoms. I'm undisappointable.

Edit: but if I see another God-forsaken robot girl I swear to fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu---

cj_iwakura

It's been in a school for every persona game except for Persona 2 EP. It's kind central to the series at this point. You can't point to soul hacker because it's from devil summoners series.

Persona is intrinsically linked to devil summoning. Without them, Persona wouldn't exist. (Hi Tamaki.)

Caladrius

No robots. It's time for the series to have a man-bot.

brb gotta withdraw more cash to throw at the screen.

The only thing I can think of being disappointed by is if there's no Protag gender option and no dateable GLBs again. >__>

And can I be called Caraduriisu-gozen?

Just wait until that gets nerfed

I hope
If I'm not mistaken it's been nerfed enough where it's either very hard or flat out impossible to double Megido Fire in a combo, so that's a start
What reveal of persona 5 would disappoint you the most?

Besides no reveal....

Worst case scenario would be iOS exclusive imo. I can't see that happening at all mind you but it would make me very disappointed. Virtually anything else (except PS4 because I am a poor person) is fine in my book. Yes, even 3DS. I would strongly prefer it on other platforms since being on 3DS may lead to a cut in presentation and potentially making it like P3P again (while I didn't mind how P3P was pretty much all VN, that's mainly because I played The Journey on FES before so I already know what's being done. Seeing Elizabeth dance awkwardly is a whole different thing than reading text saying she is, for a non spoiler example).

So I guess from worst to best imo

iOS > 3DS (for reasons above) > PS4 (because I am a poor pleb lol) > anything else

Multiplat on something I own (PS3, Vita) or even just only PS3 are my best cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom