• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyDude

Persona is intrinsically linked to devil summoning. Without them, Persona wouldn't exist. (Hi Tamaki.)

Yet they are under different names and are consider different franchises.

Devil Summoner, Persona, Digital Devil Saga, and Devil Survivor are all consider support franchises under the Megami Tensei name.

cjkeats

What reveal of persona 5 would disappoint you the most?

Besides no reveal....

It's more fun if you stop thinking "Oh god, I hope it's not this this or this" and just take it for what it is.
It's gonna be great no matter what. Probably.
"Positive Thinking" and all that jazz.

Only thing I'll be bummed about is if it don't have rad aesthetics or a colour scheme that was done already. The wall of red worries me.

EDIT: and I'll be a tiny bit bummed if it's Yumi or Shihoko again on the OST. I'd like someone new, or the glorious return of my P3P angel. But I won't be surprised if it's the Yumi/Shihoko/LJ trio, just for the sake of streamlining future concerts.

fertygo

Come on its would be high school, it the brand identity. People like to point out EP, but that's the 'extra" from IS

Maybe they would go that way if they making something like Px-2 again, but for the true numbered sequel? no.

P1 and P2IS don't take place in High School for most of it either though. You go to the high school a couple of times in the entire game in P1 and in P2 you go there exactly twice, and another high school once.

The entire soundtrack for P5 will be Acapella, like so.

Gazoinks

Not hating on High School or anything, but wouldn't college or work give the characters a similar schedule?

Yeah. College could actually be interesting because you'd choose your own schedule. Picture this: Instead of a single big dungeon there are a bunch of "anomalies" during each arc of the game. You cannot do all of them. Instead, you try to get as many as you can. You can go after them when your schedule allows, and then of course you can also skip classes to go but at the cost of your social and school life.

Work would also work, yeah.

They aren't socially driven games either.

I socialized with demons a ton

Kappa.gif

Soriku

Not hating on High School or anything, but wouldn't college or work give the characters a similar schedule?

They'd really have to change the time management aspect for a college setting. You and some of your party members would likely have classes at different times (unlike HS), on different days, so the dungeon crawling and social links would need a structural overhaul. They can probably get past the dungeon crawling problem by making the dungeon crawling entirely at night (and you'd have all your members instead of just some at a time) but social links would still be all over the place.

It just seems like a big hassle.

Im kind of hoping they change how the time management system works regardless of high school or not, it needs to be way more dynamic and less turn the dial on a capsule machine and its suddenly night.

Moonlight

Banned
I definitely want there to be more, eh, time blocks, would just make days more flexible. Like, maybe five, and events would consume a certain number of them. Turning a dial at a convenience store really shouldn't take as much time as going out with a friend.

cjkeats

Im kind of hoping they change how the time management system works regardless of high school or not, it needs to be way more dynamic and less turn the dial on a capsule machine and its suddenly night.

Yes and no. A Harvest Moon-style clock in the game would feel too contrasted, I kinda like running around at my own pace and seeing the sights. But more periods in the day other than school/day/night would be great.

Gazoinks

Definitely. At the very least they've gotta divide it into blocks or something.

I definitely want there to be more, eh, time blocks, would just make days more flexible. Like, maybe five, and events would consume a certain number of them. Turning a dial at a convenience store really shouldn't take as much time as going out with a friend.

Driving all the way to a different city, buying clothes there, talking with the townspeople, and then driving all the way back takes less time than turning a dial at a convenience store.

CrazyDude

I like the idea of time blocks.

I'm trying to imagine how one would do that without dying either of boredom or their heart stopping from a caffeine overdose.

You are doing it wrong. You must think about the meaning of life while listening to ambient music.

Driving all the way to a different city, buying clothes there, talking with the townspeople, and then driving all the way back takes less time than turning a dial at a convenience store.

or talking to a fox. Seriously what the hell does Yu do after he completes a fox quest...how many engaging conversations that take all afternoon can one fox give you?

Acid08

Banned
Just started P4G, I'm surprised at how good it looks. The 2D art obviously looks great but the backgrounds look much more vibrant.

Chie's new voice is going to take some getting used to.

I wouldn't mind it being on Vita (not 3DS). I think part of why I enjoyed playing through P4G more the FES is the fact that with a game of that length its important to play it at your leisure. But I do understand the need for better graphics and the like, and that need is something only a high-end console can satisfy.

That's the problem with you people who can't understand fox speech.

What does the fox say?

todd360

So what do you guys think is going to be on that mystical website whenever the countdown ends? a trailer? Just the name? perhaps a picture of the main character? kittenz? broken dreams/iOS?

Sophia

So what do you guys think is going to be on that mystical website whenever the countdown ends? a trailer? Just the name? perhaps a picture of the main character? kittenz? broken dreams/iOS?

Full reveal including trailer, story, basic gameplay, and main characters.

EMT0

Banned
So, who's going to come out and say that they're probably going to fall into hype overload before the reveal hits? I'ma raise my hand right now; I won't make it ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom