• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
in glorious 720P! Faith in Sega restored!

On a Japanese teaser site? 360p bro ;__;
Everyone has a cellphone. ;)

tumblr_mpbi2swp5s1qzp9weo10_400.gif

It's an internet browser game

cjkeats

So, who's going to come out and say that they're probably going to fall into hype overload before the reveal hits? I'ma raise my hand right now; I won't make it ;-;

I get off work a half hour before the time on the site. The drive home will be the most intense drive of my life.

Sophia

Wow. I'm impressed by your hopes. I have been burned by countdown hype to many times to hope for that much.

It isn't a matter of hopes. Its all but confirmed to be Persona 5 and Atlus usually has a massive reveal trailer for their games (See: Famitsu Wave trailers, Catherine's initial trailer)

With Dengeki PlayStation having a big feature basically the same week, I am confident we will have a lot of info by the time next week is over.

todd360

It isn't a matter of hopes. Its all but confirmed to be Persona 5 and Atlus usually has a massive reveal trailer for their games (See: Famitsu Wave trailers, Catherine's initial trailer)

With Dengeki PlayStation having a big feature basically the same week, I am confident we will have a lot of info by the time next week is over.

dat confidence. I really hope your right.

EMT0

Banned

I hope your magic is the right kind of magic. I need info in my veins.

pan-hime

So, who's going to come out and say that they're probably going to fall into hype overload before the reveal hits? I'ma raise my hand right now; I won't make it ;-;
me.

I expect a short movie, some screenshots, some bios on the initial characters, and story synopsis.

EMT0

Banned
Guys, we all have functional brains. Persona 5 will play out in our imaginations. Because that announcement is going to be the announcement of the announcement of Persona 5 being a Japan only F2P browser phone game and being coded and displayed in the Mystical Script that's foreigner proof. Sega's got a reputation to keep.

Levito

Banned
Man there's already so many new people in the OT because of the impending reveal. Imagine what it'll be like AFTER the reveal.

So many fresh faces to recommend Dantis the Japanese Animations.

kewlmyc

I still want to know about the toaster.

What Sophia said. Robots in P3/P4 are referred to as toasters. Aigis, Labrys, Metis, and the Robodude that turns into a motorcycle in Naoto's novel. Plus apparently there was one in Trinity Souls too. NO MORE TOASTERS.
It's time for catgirls instead.

CrazyDude

I am not that excited, so I will manage.

What Sophia said. Robots in P3/P4 are referred to as toasters. Aigis, Labrys, Metis, and the Robodude that turns into a motorcycle in Naoto's novel. Plus apparently there was one in Trinity Souls too. NO MORE TOASTERS.

The twist will be that it will be actual toasters this time.

Sophia

More than one in Trinity Soul. One of the songs on the soundtrack is actually called "Gynoid" =P

EMT0

Banned
Man there's already so many new people in the OT because of the impending reveal. Imagine what it'll be like AFTER the reveal.

So many fresh faces to recommend Dantis the Japanese Animations.

What I'm wondering is what will go down if our hype leaks to the rest of GAF. Could it happen? If the PS4 launch has taught me anything, it's that enough gifs can make magic happen. We clearly need a Persona hype train gif campaign :p

No more cats. Mario was bad enough. No, now we need to evolve. Caladrious, you know what I mean! It's time for moe-fication. That thing you seem to be really good at if your past avatars are anything to base off of.

demons into toaster waifus, the future is inevitable

Snakeyes

What I'm wondering is what will go down if our hype leaks to the rest of GAF. Could it happen? If the PS4 launch has taught me anything, it's that enough gifs can make magic happen. We clearly need a Persona hype train gif campaign :p

Banderas gif with Yu's wig?
Banderas S. Link?

Guys can't you see the signs? The website is red, therefore, it's obviously going to be a Persona 2 HD remake, both games in one with social links and extra stuff for the Vita only.

Levito

Banned
Someone some r/Megaten posted a giant all of text on the podcast questions post. It's amazing.

For example:

I've read so many rumors about this and I think I'd like to list some things that range from horrible and disappointing to "still not Persona 5, but I'm fine with it".
Any new title will be released only for the XBONE. I'd also be disappointed if something gets released for the Wii U besides SMT X Fire Emblem or the Playstation 4, but I already am interested in getting the systems, so that would force me to make a purchase I'd rather wait wait a few years for.

I remember reading some troll blog online saying that Shoji Meguro was collaborating with Skrillex for the Persona 5 soundtrack. I don't want some awful artist coming in and screwing with the incredibly unique music direction of the series. In fact, I have a harder time attaching to the non Shoji Meguro tracks in the SMT series (although I Still liked P4U's music). Devil Survivor's music is less memorable than I'd hoped.

Here's the whole thing.

Gazoinks

You have to have the five main traits leveled high enough:

- Passion
- Disturbing Fan Art
- Junpei vs. Yosuke Debates
- Ballerness
- Ability To Make Dantis Try Things

I'd better head to DeviantArt so I can grind my Disturbing Fan Art level up a bit.

Squire

Banned
You guys don't like wasting an afternoon drinking a cup of coffee?

First of all, I don't consider it a waste.

How long was the Catherine trailer? I know P3/4's was like 17 minutes. I don't remember anything like that for Catherine.

Sophia

How long was the Catherine trailer? I know P3/4's was like 17 minutes. I don't remember anything like that for Catherine.

It wasn't as long, three or four minutes tops? But P3/P4's trailers came as part of the Famitsu Wave DVD, where as Catherine's trailers... didn't.

Interesting little detail from the new Persona 3 movie trailer: You can see Mitsuru's maids, and the setting looks like her resort house. Going up to Yakushima potentially confirmed?

Squire

Banned
It wasn't as long, three or four minutes tops? But P3/P4's trailers came as part of the Famitsu Wave DVD, where as Catherine's trailers... didn't.

Interesting little detail from the new Persona 3 movie trailer: You can see Mitsuru's maids, and the setting looks like her resort house. Going up to Yakushima potentially confirmed?

Right. 3-4 minutes is quite long for a trailer, by modern standards. Especially for a debut.

CrazyDude

Could be a filler scene.

Sophia

Could be a filler scene explaining who she is.

Possibly, hence why I said "potentially", but you never know.

Some other details:

Rampaging Drive, the 14th floor Tartarus Guardian

Mitsuru appears to have parked the bike outside of Tartarus, as Makoto is driving INTO the lobby

Emperor and Empress are attacking towards the exit to the Tartarus Lobby

Junpei is wearing street clothes uniform with no jacket and the dress shirt open during the Fuuka rescue event

cj_iwakura

First of all, I don't consider it a waste.

There were four trailers, each revealing more and more. I was devouring them(and subtitling them) as they came out.

You can't fathom how hyped I was for that game.

Mitsuru looking fabu as always.

PK Gaming

Ugh, I hate that trope

"Mitsuru-sama is busy at the moment, please come back later"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom