• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite the initial reaction of utter disappointment, I have to believe that this is some sort of red herring. They had a nice little design with all of the fancy criss-cross boxes, and everything was really mysterious. Then suddenly three images are slapped over the boxes...? I'm not so certain that this is Persona 5 anymore, but I feel like this is some sort of troll. I just doesn't fit.

todd360

So I just went to the p-ch site because I didn't believe the Teddie thing

welp. Not sure what I think of this.

I just looked at it to. I don't know what to believe anymore. Sophia tell me it's persona 5 again with dat confidence!

One of the teddies looks sad so maybe one of the boxes has bad news.

Caladrius

I always wondered how the hell human teddy gets taller when he steps out of the suit, Is he like crouching in there? Did the anime explain this?

Hammer space

Teddie is a great mascot for the Persona series. So damn adorable.

No one man should be in control of that much kawaii.

Teddie as the new Igor in P5 that takes place 30 years later confirmed. :p[/spoiler]

Do iiiiiiiiit!

Why do interesting things only happen when I'm asleep?

Despite the initial reaction of utter disappointment, I have to believe that this is some sort of red herring. They had a nice little design with all of the fancy criss-cross boxes, and everything was really mysterious. Then suddenly three images are slapped over the boxes...? I'm not so certain that this is Persona 5 anymore, but I feel like this is some sort of troll. I just doesn't fit.

That mirrors my feelings. It seems really on the nose to just throw Teddie faces on there. Still really interested as to what this could be, but I lost some confidence in it being Persona 5.
Edit: and when I make every Teddie a surprise face, it seems to make all three shake, if that's not already well known.

FluxWaveZ

That's why I completely dismissed it as a joke when someone posted about it in the other thread. It's kind of ridiculous given how this whole thing's appeared until now. Why even update the website before the deadline at all when we're so close?

If anything, at least those who are teasing it are having fun (perhaps at some people's expense).

I love this. Can't wait to see what it's all about.

Squire

Banned
They're using Teddie like a mascot, which Atlus has been doing for the series for years at this point. He's the Persona series twitter avatar and everything.

I hope some of you aren't seriously pulling this, "Well it was fun to dream!" bullshit. Looks mad dumb, yo.

kewlmyc

They're using Teddie like a mascot, which Atlus has been doing for the series for years at this point. He's the Persona series twitter avatar and everything.

I hope some of you aren't seriously pulling this, "Well it was fun to dream!" bullshit. Looks mad dumb, yo.

Most people are joking (I think).

Speaking of Twitter, that account just made a new post about the p-ch.jp site. Online translators are... not very useful in this case.

https://twitter.com/p_kouhou

Lunar15

Most people are joking (I think).

Of course I was joking. We've believed too long to give up!

845214279fb7284.gif

Lunar15

Fact still remains, Persona5.jp is a thing that exists, and I really don't think they'd just start moving all that around without planning to show it off. The time is definitely nigh.

Squire

Banned
Maybe in the next six months yeah, but not this week.

Why?

What do you have to back this up? We have to plenty to support the idea it's this Sunday. If all you have to support "maybe in the next sixth months" is your " guy feeling" you've got nada, friend.

Y'all need to learn that Teddie is never the bearer of bad news, nor is he the harbearer of the Personapocalypse!

Come what may, one thing's for sure: we need to pre-bear ourselves for an unbearable wait before we get to know what this bear of an announcement is! If it turns out to be great, our collective excitement will be a perfect Kodiak moment! And if thigs get grizzly, BearsonaGAF will survive. We always do!

I'm sorry. I'm done now.

Squire

Banned
I'm with Flux. This just makes even more excited, personally.

And I trust Hashino when he says fans won't be disappointed.

Y'all need to learn that Teddie is never the bearer of bad news, nor is he the harbearer of the Personapocalypse!

Come what may, one thing's for sure: we need to pre-bear ourselves for an unbearable wait before we get to know what this bear of an announcement is! If it turns out to be great, our collective excitement will be a perfect Kodiak moment! And if thigs get grizzly, BearsonaGAF will survive. We always do!

I'm sorry. I'm done now.

How beary funny.

FluxWaveZ

So Atlus USA's teaser website was for Conception 2 after all.

That's what I get for being super skeptical and mocking the Atlus forum poster who said he saw the Amazon listing. Twice today have I dismissed someone's account of Atlus related news only for it to come back in my face.

Squire

Banned

That's what I get for being super skeptical and mocking the Atlus forum poster who said he saw the Amazon listing. Twice today have I dismissed someone's account of Atlus related news only for it to come back in my face.

The localization is going to be glorious.

The fact that it's Teddie just makes me think that it is multiple announcements.

Yeah, same here.

Speaking of Twitter, that account just made a new post about the p-ch.jp site. Online translators are... not very useful in this case.

https://twitter.com/p_kouhou

Looks like he's just saying to check out the website since he's on it now. But yeah, as amusing as it is for Teddie to be running the official Persona twitter, it does make gleaning for news a bit more difficult thanks to all those kumas. haha

As for the update itself, it does dampen my expectations a bit, but I've been trying to be cautious since the beginning just because of the location listing.

Oh and I finally made my way to this new OT. Didn't realize just how close to the end the other one was! Thread moves faster than I expected.

kewlmyc

A JRPG where you get girls pregnant in order to advance? Did the first one even come here?

I posted this in IRC, but I wonder if the character will change each day leading up to the 24th. Someone mentioned that Teddie appeared around 8pm Japan time yesterday. The countdown ends at 8pm, so maybe they're doing something each day...

kewlmyc

I posted this in IRC, but I wonder if the character will change each day leading up to the 24th. Someone mentioned that Teddie appeared around 8pm Japan time yesterday. The countdown ends at 8pm, so maybe they're doing something each day...

If it's all P4 characters that appear, I won't be happy. Please don't be P4-2. Someone joked about it, but I could see it happening.

Levito

Banned
You double-posted and I can't tell if you're also being facetious.

The domains are the same. Teddie doesn't mean anything.

The domain is still the game yes, I'm still staying positive. But yeesssh, the first thing they reveal is of a P4 flavour? Huge dishespect.

Yes, I was saying that on twitter too. Def a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom