• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
I don't know about anyone else, but I see Arena/Ultimax as the sequel to Persona 4 (and 3 too, I suppose). The story is already being continued for those characters. Now is the time for new stories with new characters.

Wholeheartedly agree, I'm against an actual sequel cause something new is much more interesting.

What I was getting at however, is the double standard tone to it all. ;)

Because Persona 2 literally ends on a cliffhanger and
the good guys don't be beat the bad guy.
Also, a sequel was very much in the cards.

For some reason I clicked that thinking it would be a joke "haha snrk" spoiler and it was an actual spoiler.

Dang.

ssshadow

Neo Member
Looking at the source code for p-ch, in particular the mobile site, it looks horrible. They have literally copied and pasted functions rather than calling them multiple times (!), which anyone who knows even a tiny bit of programming in any language will know is remarkably lazy.

Surely this Teddie thing has to be some joke someone very quickly threw together.

You are forgetting a single dangerously insane exception madam.

And what is a 403 error exactly? I couldn't be ursed to look it up.

403 means that the server and whatever that server is hosting is reachable and exists (else 404 not found probably), but the server has actively refused to give you the requested file. The 403 on persona5.jp means that the server has been configured to not show anything at the root level or up, even if it exists.

kewlmyc

Wholeheartedly agree, I'm against an actual sequel cause something new is much more interesting.

For some reason I clicked that thinking it would be a joke "haha snrk" spoiler and it was an actual spoiler.

Dang.

You haven't played P2:IS?

Sophia

No I have not played P2 at all, super long games are a huge undertaking for me(these days). I haven't completed Golden either.

Well luckily it's not much of a spoiler without context, and kinda obvious given there are two parts to Persona 2.

kewlmyc

No I have not played P2 at all, super long games are a huge undertaking for me(these days). I haven't completed Golden either.

THE ROCK AIN'T GOT TIME FOR GAMES.

I haven't' played P1 or the P2s either. Finished P4G just about a month ago too. Having a full time job sucks.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/cf1743_b11cf2af1c19465089be44fa1e2f3782.pdf

Um....Karen Strassman's resume lists Persona 4 Vol 2 along with Golden 2 Persona 4......

She's probably just trolling, but I swear to god if it's P4-2, I'm gonna be mad.

Squire

Banned
It looks like Karen Strassman has a couple of erroneous listings on her resume and they're starting to gain traction.

Oh geez.

Edit: Beaten by a pro bastard.

Seriously, I'm sure she's good at keeping secrets, but I didn't get the sense she was still doing stuff with Nanako when we talked to her on SLFM. Can't speak for the others.

Caladrius

403 means that the server and whatever that server is hosting is reachable and exists (else 404 not found probably), but the server has actively refused to give you the requested file. The 403 on persona5.jp means that the server has been configured to not show anything at the root level or up, even if it exists.

Hmm...pooper. I thought I might have been onto something a little more substantial.

Never mind that looking up the website repeatedly is probably what a fair amount of people have been doing for the past two weeks and if something really was going on we would have caught it already but whatevers. >__>;

Sophia

http://media.wix.com/ugd/cf1743_b11cf2af1c19465089be44fa1e2f3782.pdf

Um....Karen Strassman's resume lists Persona 4 Vol 2 along with Golden 2 Persona 4......

Most of us in chat just assumed it was referring to Persona 4: The Animation Volume 2.

That was there back when we interviewed her. There's a lot of weird listings on her resume, look at the World Of Warcraft section for example.

Yeah she does a lot of bosses and supporting NPCs in WoW. Thus you see listings for individual patches too.

I don't have a problem with P2. Seems to get away with a lot of stuff that people claim to dislike in P4 though and that's a little annoying, yes.

Again though, when people talk P2, don't forget there are two P2 games and the one that was released here before the PSP one was not exactly the same tone and character wise as Innocent Sin. I do agree that people do overdo things though.

Levito

Banned
Yeah she does a lot of bosses and supporting NPCs in WoW. Thus you see listings for individual patches too.

Of course, but she also lists patch updates like they are expansions, for example: World Of WarCraft:Scholomance.

Inorigo you seem sort of bitter towards the P2 stuff man.

I come off this way as well. For me it's just the mud slinging from the other side of the fence that kind of sours it. I do really want to play it though, it's just a big undertaking for me. For the same reason I have trouble watching TV shows like Mad Men where I have to watch 60 hours of TV to be caught up.

It's like how I can't stand Firefly because the fanboys are so fucking insane. Though I think Firefly is mediocre in general.

Gazoinks

What if... What if the protagonist of Person 4 Vol. 2 was... Nanako?

I'd actually be interested in seeing Nanako in some capacity again,
especially if it turns out that she somehow did manifest a Persona from her time in the TV world
. Grown-up Nanako could have some interesting things to say about the events of P4, imo.

Meia

especially if it turns out that she somehow did manifest a Persona from her time in the TV world
. Grown-up Nanako could have some interesting things to say about the events of P4, imo.

Grown up Nanako as the MC, with
Teddie who doesn't look like he's aged a day
in the buddy Magician role.

....still would be pissed if P5 isn't also announced. :p

Of course, but she also lists patch updates like they are expansions, for example: World Of WarCraft:Scholomance.

I come off this way as well. For me it's just the mud slinging from the other side of the fence that kind of sours it. I do really want to play it though, it's just a big undertaking for me. For the same reason I have trouble watching TV shows like Mad Men where I have to watch 60 hours of TV to be caught up.

It's like how I can't stand Firefly because the fanboys are so fucking insane. Though I think Firefly is mediocre in general.

I see mud slinging on both sides, and mud slinging from other series in megaten towards persona and vice versa, its not a p2 on p3/4 exclusive thing, I see p3 fans slinging shit on p4, and the other way around, I see everything. MY POINT BEING!!!!...that shit gets slung, ignore the idiots yo.

Squire

Banned
Again though, when people talk P2, don't forget there are two P2 games and the one that was released here before the PSP one was not exactly the same tone and character wise as Innocent Sin. I do agree that people do overdo things though.

None of them are in exactly the same tone because they're all different games within a series.

It's the old guard "the old stuff is always better" elitist garbage that I don't like. It's not even just Persona, it's anything. When I find I have contempt for something, I stop spending time on it. That's just me.

LX_Theo

Banned
I'd say she'd do great at filling the "mentor" role as a reprised character from the last game like some were suggesting earlier in this thread.

Sophia

That's cuz Blizzard actually advertises their patches like that. As if they were mini-expansions.

None of them are in exactly the same tone because they're all different games within a series.

It's the old guard "the old stuff is always better" elitist garbage that I don't like. It's not even just Persona, it's anything. When I find I have contempt for something, I stop spending time on it. That's just me.

But the old stuff is always better! Negotiations were better than Shuffle Time! Demons were better than Shadows! Everyone switching Personas was better than the Wild Card! Persona 2's tarot card system was bet.... wait no I can't finish that last one honestly. NVM You're right. >.>;

Caladrius

That's cuz Blizzard actually advertises their patches like that. As if they were mini-expansions.

Have they always done that?

People like that are the ones that have too much free time and not enough productive outlets

My favorite thing to do is invalidate them by acting like they don't exist and causing them to waste their energy.

PK Gaming

Dang.

Oops i'm sorry, I should have been more clear...

But yeah, like Sophia says its not "that" bad of a spoiler w/o context.

Still a fail move on my part zzz...

Levito

Banned
Oops i'm sorry, I should have been more clear...

But yeah, like Sophia says its not "that" bad of a spoiler w/o context.

Still a fail move on my part zzz...

Not your fault, all mine.

Though I still hope people reframe from using the spoiler tag for anything other than actual spoilers.

It's why I really don't think the Karen Strassman listing is proof of anything. It's full of errors and stuff too.

Yes, that's why I was getting at too.

Plus, shit hasn't even been announced in Japan--yet somehow she's worked on it?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yes, since Patch 1.2 basically.

It's why I really don't think the Karen Strassman listing is proof of anything. It's full of errors and stuff too.

Besides, if it is anything like any of the other VAs, they are under NDAs and I don't think she'd risk putting that on a resume before a game was announced, if she even worked on it at all.. considering it isn't actually a thing just yet.

PK Gaming

To be fair, the amount of fans who fall into the "Persona1/2 is the best, 3/4 suck" category are practically nonexistent. I hate to admit it, but they're niche games at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom