• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

PersonaGAF, I have a question for all of you.

You all like the JRPG's obviously. What did you all think of Ni No Kuni?

I really enjoyed it

It was just a solid experience from beginning to end. A return to form to the golden age of rpgs that featured massive worls maps and plenty of sidequests.

Tamanon

Banned
I gotta admit, Atlus is pretty smart on the web side outside of a few cut and paste thingies. Some places you can easily crack the code of their teasers, but Atlus is keeping it close to the vest and using permissions correctly.

Quite nice is an understatement, at least in its usefulness.
It's nice in every way

tumblr_m7wmzbk6u81r79ze4o1_400.gif

CrazyDude

Yo, dude. I know that you don't wanna be disappointed, but there's no need to be a doomsayer. Just don't get overly excited, and don't set your expectations too high. You're lookin' real goofy with your recent posts...

If I become really negative the highs will be higher and the lows will be less low.

Tamanon

Banned
This thread could use some good ol' fashioned Famitsu blurbs about an exciting long-awaited sequel in the next issue. Those got us through the longer months.

Caladrius

This thread could use some good ol' fashioned Famitsu blurbs about an exciting long-awaited sequel in the next issue. Those got us through the longer months.

NO

Wondering who the wacky character in the new cast will be, We already had a robot, an uguu creature and a dog.

It'll be a sassy wisecracking robot-badger Persona who got separated from its owner and has a hankering for live snakes.

Caladrius

I mean, I didn't take it that way, I just think you guys can be a little mean about Marie. :(

I'm just mean about everything is all. Marie isn't outright abhorrent, I just love to accentuate the negative for my sadistic amusement.

Thank god we're not in Persona 2 with the way rumors fly around here!

But then I could have a game consisting of nothing but Teddie.:(

Just saw. Shit flying. No me gusta.

Every Persona related thread on Gaming side seems to be a dipshit magnet, it's truly incredible.

Kazzy

Gorgeous presentation, charming all round, but very long in the tooth. It's a Level 5 game in every sense, with perhaps too many gameplay systems, and not as interesting as it sounds on paper.

I would say play a few hours to get an opinion, but the game is front-loaded with a lot of cut-scenes and content, meaning it's all a bit disingenuous. I enjoyed my time with it (and the things it does well, you'll wish that there was more of), but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I was perhaps expecting a little more from it.

Sophia

I wasn't very fond of the demo, and by very fond I mean I deleted it before even finishing the first battle. That said I've heard better things about the final game, so I'll give it a try sometime. But being thrown into the middle of things with no actual tutorial was a turnoff.

I mean, I didn't take it that way, I just think you guys can be a little mean about Marie. :(

I know where you're coming from though.

Marie's social link deserves all the vicious comments. It is truly an awful addition to the game and even throws the perfectly designed nature of the multiple endings out of whack with an element that can be lost forever.

PK Gaming

The rate at which this thread moves is like an exponential function

31 pages in just a few days

and P5 hasn't been announced yet

fertygo

Man gaming side made me disgusted over this more than they ever did with next gen warz, not gonna click those thread anymore.. yuck.

Caladrius

Man gaming side made me disgusted over this more than they ever did with next gen warz, not gonna click those thread anymore.. yuck.

I don't go any further than looking at the thread title and OP for those threads. It's never worth going further.

The rate at which this thread moves is like an exponential function

31 pages in just a few days

and P5 hasn't been announced yet

Zg8xZbj.gif

*Teddieing intensifies*

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh man the nighttime music in P4G is wonderful!

Marie seems kind of awful.

New Persona direction
Marie_portrait.png

persona4_labrys_thumb.jpg

That stupid ass robot from Persona X Detective.

And that redhead guy from Arena looks like MY ORIGINAL BLEACH CHARACTER. I know, 'not main team', but all these shitty new characters are really sullying my perception of the series going forward.

They ain't Funky Student, that's for sure.

I personally didn't find Marie as repulsive as some of you have. However I did notice that she was literally the second worst character in the game (the worst of course being Ayane whom she beats by about 50436577 country miles.) She's not bad at all, but compared with the rest of the interesting, well-thought out, and believable cast she was a straight "meh"

Caladrius

Marie herself is okay I guess. Especially once you hit the new content and she's no longer treated like something inserted in.

Her Social Link, however, is foul smelly trash. The worst. It's not even enjoyable, and it goes nowhere.

I feel pretty much the same way, thought I didn't dislike her social link quite as strongly.

As a point in her favor she develops a fair amount. If she had stayed like she was at the start of the game I'd be all over the hate train.

New Persona direction

And that redhead guy from Arena looks like MY ORIGINAL BLEACH CHARACTER. I know, 'not main team', but all these shitty new characters are really sullying my perception of the series going forward.

Now, I don't want to fan the flames but.......this is how I felt about P3 going from P1 and 2. A robot? A Dog? A little kid who is more mature than the entire cast?

Dr. Buni

New Persona direction

I don't see the problem with Marie and Labrys' designs :/ That Sho dude is fugly, though.
I can say with 100% certainty that P5 will feature
a side quest where you feed a cat.
B-but that is not enough D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom