• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

I thought that people usually didn't do fansubs of camrips. If that'd be the case, I wouldn't really expect a fansub until it'd actually be out on DVD/Blu-ray.

And I thought that the Believe it or Don't shots from the P3M website were just teases for movie #2.

I was talking about the BD release which shouldn't be too long from now if the 2nd movie is in the summer; maybe in May? There is no camrip. Only super popular anime movies like Evangelion and Madoka get camrips usually.

FluxWaveZ

I was talking about the BD release which shouldn't be too long if the 2nd movie is in the summer. There is no camrip. Only super popular anime movies like Evangelion and Madoka get camrips usually.

Ah, so the BD release would be before the second movie? I thought that the earliest we'd get a sub is if it were done from a camrip since I wasn't expecting a BD release anytime soon. And I don't know if there are full camrips out there, but I do know people have mentioned certain clips from the movie having been filmed already.

Gazoinks

Okay everyone, here's the first wave of Persona Q iOS wallpapers!

You know, Juniors aren't really supposed to contribute this much to the community. :p Awesome work, dude. My Android is more or less iPhone sized, so the current size works for me. Using Ulala right now. :D

Wish Personaslave would make the rest of the P2 cast. >.>

Acid08

Banned
Finished off the P4 Design Works today, great interview with Soejima at the end. I love that his prevailing design philosophy is just to make things "cool." He does it well :lol

kewlmyc

Ah, so the BD release would be before the second movie? And I don't know if there are full camrips out there, but I do know people have mentioned certain clips from the movie having been filmed already.

I'm assuming so. It would be super weird to release the 2nd movie in a film series before the 1st film was released on BD/DVD. Has that ever happened before? Not just for anime, but films in general?

FluxWaveZ

I'm assuming so. It would be super weird to release the 2nd movie in a film series before the 1st film was released on BD/DVD. Has that ever happened before? Not just for anime, but films in general?

I've got no idea about how Blu-ray releases of anime films are handled in Japan. If it's common for the first movie in a series to be released on BD before the second movie then, yeah, that's what we should expect.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Persona 1:

Naoya Tōdō (Protagonist / Boy with Earring)
Naoya Tōdō (Shadow)
Maki Sonomura
Masao Inaba
Kei Nanjo
Hidehiko Uesugi
Eriko Kirishima
Yuka Ayase
Reiji Kido
Yukino Mayuzumi

Persona 2:

Tatsuya Suou
Maya Amano
Ulala Serizawa

Persona 3:

Makoto Yuki
Mokoto Yuki
Mitsuru Kirijo
Akihiko Sanada
Shinjiro Aragaki

Persona 4:

Yu Narukami
Yosuke Hanamura
Chie Satonaka
Yukiko Amagi

Persona Q:

Rei
Zen

Characters from Personas 1 & 2 are possible thanks to the lovely art of http://personaslave.tumblr.com/!

[Disclaimer: I know the Persona 1 and 2 wallpapers look a little "fuzzy" on deviantART at full size. I did test them on my own iPhone and they look just fine, so go ahead and use them! :D]

Also, I know some (many?) people here don't use iPhones but have Android devices instead-- if there's a wallpaper currently available that you want, just let me know which one and your phone's screen resolution and I'll make it happen for you!

I'm still fine tuning the Vita wallpapers for this set to get them just right, and they'll be following soon-ish. And, as more characters are revealed on the official Persona Q website I'll get started on wave #2.

Enjoy my friends! :D

/waits for Aigis wallpaper

My S3 is 1280x720.

Persona 1:

Naoya Tōdō (Shadow)
Maki Sonomura
Masao Inaba
Kei Nanjo
Hidehiko Uesugi
Eriko Kirishima
Yuka Ayase
Reiji Kido
Yukino Mayuzumi

Persona 2:

Tatsuya Suou
Maya Amano
Ulala Serizawa

Persona 3:

Makoto Yuki
Mokoto Yuki
Mitsuru Kirijo
Akihiko Sanada
Shinjiro Aragaki

Persona 4:

Yu Narukami
Yosuke Hanamura
Chie Satonaka
Yukiko Amagi

Persona Q:

Rei
Zen

Characters from Personas 1 & 2 are possible thanks to the lovely art of http://personaslave.tumblr.com/!

[Disclaimer: I know the Persona 1 and 2 wallpapers look a little "fuzzy" on deviantART at full size. I did test them on my own iPhone and they look just fine, so go ahead and use them! :D]

Also, I know some (many?) people here don't use iPhones but have Android devices instead-- if there's a wallpaper currently available that you want, just let me know which one and your phone's screen resolution and I'll make it happen for you!

I'm still fine tuning the Vita wallpapers for this set to get them just right, and they'll be following soon-ish. And, as more characters are revealed on the official Persona Q website I'll get started on wave #2.

Too bad I have an S4

rip

Squire

Banned
This will never happen, but it would be very, very cool.

You can't possibly have a good reason for thinking this?

Eventually very nearly everything available digitally on PS3 is going to be streamable. They're not going to all this effort for only a couple hundred AAA games.

Tabby

Persona 1:

Naoya Tōdō (Shadow)
Maki Sonomura
Masao Inaba
Kei Nanjo
Hidehiko Uesugi
Eriko Kirishima
Yuka Ayase
Reiji Kido
Yukino Mayuzumi

Persona 2:

Tatsuya Suou
Maya Amano
Ulala Serizawa

Persona 3:

Makoto Yuki
Mokoto Yuki
Mitsuru Kirijo
Akihiko Sanada
Shinjiro Aragaki

Persona 4:

Yu Narukami
Yosuke Hanamura
Chie Satonaka
Yukiko Amagi

Persona Q:

Rei
Zen

I'm too in love with my phone homescreen but thanks!
Saved Yukiko .

Dantis

You can't possibly have a good reason for thinking this?

Eventually very nearly everything available digitally on PS3 is going to be streamable. They're not going to all this effort for only a couple hundred AAA games.

Obviously.

But you're naive if you think you're getting a free streaming copy of every game you buy digitally.

Nothing about it will be free.

Moonlight

Banned

Persona 1:

Naoya Tōdō (Shadow)
Maki Sonomura
Masao Inaba
Kei Nanjo
Hidehiko Uesugi
Eriko Kirishima
Yuka Ayase
Reiji Kido
Yukino Mayuzumi

Persona 2:

Tatsuya Suou
Maya Amano
Ulala Serizawa

Persona 3:

Makoto Yuki
Mokoto Yuki
Mitsuru Kirijo
Akihiko Sanada
Shinjiro Aragaki

Persona 4:

Yu Narukami
Yosuke Hanamura
Chie Satonaka
Yukiko Amagi

Persona Q:

Rei
Zen

Strapping in for a Rise wallpaper at some point. These look fantastic.

I wish there were reasonably high quality rips of the Investigation crew JoJo posing, though.

Because streaming isn't free, particularly with the amount of data games would need to stream in comparison to something like movies. Say that, by volume, games and movies require the same amount of data in a given amount of time. Movies are about two hours, whereas with Persona, we're talking about a game people play for tens to hundreds of hours, sometimes several times in a row. When you have a lot of people streaming at once, Sony certainly would rack up a significant amount of costs."
Gaikai was streaming games for free before Sony bought them.

Wish Personaslave would make the rest of the P2 cast. >.>

Well... (from the blog):

"If there is a character you want that isn’t already made yet, please request it!

/waits for Aigis wallpaper

My S3 is 1280x720.

I'm fairly certain Aigis will be in the next wave, assuming they do another four characters each from P3 and P4 when they update the site. I expect to see Yukari, Junpei, Fuuka, and Aigis on the P3 side, and Kanji, Rise, Teddie, and Naoto on the P4 side. Then they'll have to do an update for Ken and Koromaru, leaving only the Velvet Room residents from each game (Elizabeth and Theodore, and Margaret and Marie, respectively).

Too bad I have an S4

rip

What's the screen res on the S4? As I said I'm happy to do one for any size screen; which character did you want?

Strapping in for a Rise wallpaper at some point. These look fantastic.

I wish there were reasonably high quality rips of the Investigation crew JoJo posing, though.

As far as I know the trailers are the only places where you can see the JoJo posing at the moment; if you want I can try to pull the characters out, but I can't promise anything really usable... :\

What's the screen res on the S4? As I said I'm happy to do one for any size screen; which character did you want?

Nah, I'm just messing, don't worry man! I'm a big fan of what I have for my lock screen/wallpaper right now, but if there's ever anything I want, I'll let you know! :p Thanks!

Tabby

I'm fairly certain Aigis will be in the next wave, assuming they do another four characters each from P3 and P4 when they update the site. I expect to see Yukari, Junpei, Fuuka, and Aigis on the P3 side, and Kanji, Rise, Teddie, and Naoto on the P4 side. Then they'll have to do an update for Ken and Koromaru, leaving only the Velvet Room residents from each game (Elizabeth and Theodore, and Margaret and Marie, respectively).

Do you know if there's going to be one for Marie?
Or is there one already and I'm just being an idiot.

Well... (from the blog):

"If there is a character you want that isn’t already made yet, please request it

Someone request her pls:

Smtifheroesmanual.jpg

She could probably take on every Persona protagonist and come away mildly bruised.
They'd be demon chow.

Honest question: why do you always bring up the fact that the SMT protags could beat up the Persona protags whenever you can?

I'm not criticizing or anything; just curious.

CorvoSol

She could probably take on every Persona protagonist and come away mildly bruised.
They'd be demon chow.

I just beat SMTIV so allow me to say this: For a trained Samurai, Wielder of the power of Gods, and a fucking level 85 RPG character Flynn is a piece of paper. Any one bad turn from any fucking random level 30 mook could lay him on his fucking ass. Fucking the weakest of Final Fantasy MCs at level 85 would laugh as the boss failed to so much as dent his chest. Meanwhile Flynn is still in absolute terror of goddamn Goblins and shit and has no friggin' Macca to spend ever.

Would it have been so much to ask that I earn money after fights in that game? I mean COME ON. I spend all that Macca to unlock Ginza and what do I get? 300,000 Macca Armor! WHO HAS THAT KIND OF MONEY? LIKE, EVER?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH.

So in other news guys, I beat Shin Megami Tensei IV just now. It's a really solid RPG, on equal footing with Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy. I feel that the production values were sort of skipped out on (where Nozomi's official art at?) and that the plot was fairly lacking
I SPENT FIVE HOURS DOING QUESTS FOR LESS THAN TWO FULL MINUTES OF FUCKING ENDING!? COME ON.
, but the game was solid all the same. I wouldn't say it was as good as Persona 4 is being at the moment, but I did appreciate how much less restrictive than Persona 4 it was.

On the whole it was a really good game. It frustrated me to Hell and back, but I think have a fairly good sense of accomplishment going on at the moment. In all honesty, I only wish the ending had been better and that money hadn't been so hilariously hard to come by.

Caladrius

image.php

I just beat SMTIV so allow me to say this: For a trained Samurai, Wielder of the power of Gods, and a fucking level 85 RPG character Flynn is a piece of paper. Any one bad turn from any fucking random level 30 mook could lay him on his fucking ass. Fucking the weakest of Final Fantasy MCs at level 85 would laugh as the boss failed to so much as dent his chest. Meanwhile Flynn is still in absolute terror of goddamn Goblins and shit and has no friggin' Macca to spend ever.

Would it have been so much to ask that I earn money after fights in that game? I mean COME ON. I spend all that Macca to unlock Ginza and what do I get? 300,000 Macca Armor! WHO HAS THAT KIND OF MONEY? LIKE, EVER?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH.

So in other news guys, I beat Shin Megami Tensei IV just now. It's a really solid RPG, on equal footing with Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy. I feel that the production values were sort of skipped out on (where Nozomi's official art at?) and that the plot was fairly lacking
I SPENT FIVE HOURS DOING QUESTS FOR LESS THAN TWO FULL MINUTES OF FUCKING ENDING!? COME ON.
, but the game was solid all the same. I wouldn't say it was as good as Persona 4 is being at the moment, but I did appreciate how much less restrictive than Persona 4 it was.

On the whole it was a really good game. It frustrated me to Hell and back, but I think have a fairly good sense of accomplishment going on at the moment. In all honesty, I only wish the ending had been better and that money hadn't been so hilariously hard to come by.

Those were basically my sentiments on it. If you like pain want a bigger challenge and have a PS2 I say you should try out Nocturne. It doesn't have a lot of the modernization that SMT4 has but if you're persistent it can be similarly rewarding.

Also the endings aren't obscure or quite as underwhelming.

EMT0

Banned
They'd be demon chow.

Seriously, I don't get this reasoning and its the reason I brought it up several pages ago. The P1 and P2 protags spend the entire game turning demons to paste. Why do you always mention this?

lol

Tamaki was effortlessly defeated by King Leo in Persona 2, but keep spinning that yarn.

.....and this kind of places some more holes in the argument.

cj_iwakura

image.php

Those were basically my sentiments on it. If you like pain want a bigger challenge and have a PS2 I say you should try out Nocturne. It doesn't have a lot of the modernization that SMT4 has but if you're persistent it can be similarly rewarding.

Also the endings aren't obscure or quite as underwhelming.

Nocturne's endings are very underwhelming. Even The True Demon ending is about a minute long.

cj_iwakura

Does every character in P1-P2 + Fool protag, is technically demon summoner anyway?

Not really... Personas are transient entities who give their user magical powers. Demons are tangible creatures with their own wills(which can even betray a weak master and kill them).

cj_iwakura

At least you end up making a difference in most of them. (Not counting for the whole
Haven't stopped the destruction-recreation cycle
)

True, IV's endings are especially weak. But core games are usually more about the journey.

The only games with fulfilling endings were I & II, surprisingly. (I did Neutral & Chaos, respectively)

PK Gaming

Does every character in P1-P2 + Fool protag, is technically demon summoner anyway?
Being a Fool/Wild Card user isn't just about being able to use multiple Persona's, it's also about being able to summon more powerful Persona depending on the bonds you make (ie: Friendship = Power)

P1/P2 protagonists have their own designated arcana's, and some of them are actually unable to use certain Persona(it depends on their affinity). P1 protag's actually had to waste a turn switching between Persona's too, but that's probably

And yeah, I don't think they're similar to demon summoners. A Persona's power is directly proportional to their users power, whereas demons are their own thing. (usually, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom