• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm almost done with P3P and i'm surprised at how much it grew on me, especially towards the end. While it's not as tight as P4G, i'm gonna miss it once I finish it. Next up is Catherine, which is kinda like Persona but with adults and puzzles, right?

Ugh so any idea when we will get some pics/trailer/music of P5?

Gazoinks

I'm almost done with P3P and i'm surprised at how much it grew on me, especially towards the end. While it's not as tight as P4G, i'm gonna miss it once I finish it. Next up is Catherine, which is kinda like Persona but with adults and puzzles, right?

Probably spring at the earliest? I'm expecting a slowly building trickle of info, although I guess it's possible they'll do an infodump.

PK Gaming

I just beat SMTIV so allow me to say this: For a trained Samurai, Wielder of the power of Gods, and a fucking level 85 RPG character Flynn is a piece of paper. Any one bad turn from any fucking random level 30 mook could lay him on his fucking ass. Fucking the weakest of Final Fantasy MCs at level 85 would laugh as the boss failed to so much as dent his chest. Meanwhile Flynn is still in absolute terror of goddamn Goblins and shit and has no friggin' Macca to spend ever.

Would it have been so much to ask that I earn money after fights in that game? I mean COME ON. I spend all that Macca to unlock Ginza and what do I get? 300,000 Macca Armor! WHO HAS THAT KIND OF MONEY? LIKE, EVER?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH.

So in other news guys, I beat Shin Megami Tensei IV just now. It's a really solid RPG, on equal footing with Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy. I feel that the production values were sort of skipped out on (where Nozomi's official art at?) and that the plot was fairly lacking
I SPENT FIVE HOURS DOING QUESTS FOR LESS THAN TWO FULL MINUTES OF FUCKING ENDING!? COME ON.
, but the game was solid all the same. I wouldn't say it was as good as Persona 4 is being at the moment, but I did appreciate how much less restrictive than Persona 4 it was.

On the whole it was a really good game. It frustrated me to Hell and back, but I think have a fairly good sense of accomplishment going on at the moment. In all honesty, I only wish the ending had been better and that money hadn't been so hilariously hard to come by.
Yeah, you pretty much need to buy the Money DLC if you want to buy the Ginza armor. Shame too, since the super cool
Demonica Armor
looks amazing.

Glad you liked the game in spite of what it put you through. It's very much a game thatès more than the sum of its parts.

Dantis

This is literally exactly what Catherine is.

It's really, really good.

pan-hime

Bdcf-b0CYAAWb1u.jpg

MSMrRound

Mandarin oranges (mikan) are usually closely associated with the arrival of the new year in Asian culture.

For example, it's close to Chinese New Year (the year of the Horse) over here. We usually exchange mandarin oranges to one another when we drop by their houses for a visit, as it's a form of symbol wishing them health and good luck for the new year along with other things...

...and hello guys. Had been lurking in the forums/OT for quite a while. Finally got my account validated so yea, nice to meet you all.

Mandarin oranges (mikan) are usually closely associated with the arrival of the new year in Asian culture.

...and hello guys. Had been lurking in the forums/OT for quite a while. Finally got my account validated so yea, nice to meet you all.

Ah, makes much more sense then and welcome!

Dantis

For example, it's close to Chinese New Year (the year of the Horse) over here. We usually exchange mandarin oranges to one another when we drop by their houses for a visit, as it's a form of symbol wishing them health and good luck for the new year along with other things...

Welcome!

I still find it weird that people read this thread but don't/can't post.

Do you know if there's going to be one for Marie?
Or is there one already and I'm just being an idiot.

Well Marie definitely has a silhouette on the PQ website so I assume they'll update with her eventually (and then wallpapers will be forthcoming)!

Hello and Welcome! :D

Dantis

I've only just remembered that I'm down to do the Dancing All Night OT.

If anyone wants to help with the actual writing part, you're free to do so. Even better if you actually know a thing or two about rhythm games.

Haha hey there. MrRoundDB on Twitter here.

No choice=/ Wasn't able to post before today (when I suddenly got a notification that my GAF account got approved...) at least Sophia can't say "lurk moar" to me anymore=D

Sure sure, it wasn't a criticism. Just feels unusual to me is all.

Necrovex

If anyone wants to help with the actual writing part, you're free to do so. Even better if you actually know a thing or two about rhythm games.

Sure sure, it wasn't a criticism. Just feels unusual to me is all.

Just avoid the mess that was the Hatsune Miku Diva F OP.

I could do it! I'm pretty experienced with music games and plan to write for a living, sooooo...

Dantis

You seem pretty brave to me, I say do it. It'll be hilarious.

As hilarious as it would be, it's the kind of thing that would actually upset people, which is no good, unfortunately.

I could do it! I'm pretty experienced with music games and plan to write for a living, sooooo...

Fine by me! Between the two of us I'm sure we can write something at least half decent. ;)

I'll be doing the graphics myself, obviously. I'll probably draw something for the banner too. Should be fun!

What was wrong with it?

It just lacked a bit of polish. There was a big fuss about it though. People got real mad.

"In this game you get jiggy with it and cut a rug with the best Persona 4 character Rise to put a stop to some bad shit that's probably happening inside the TV World."

Hire me Dantis.

Lunar15

Well, the good thing is, we know what the OT title is:

Persona 4 Dancing All Night |OT| Wow! This Game is Megidolaon Cute!

Alternatively,

Persona 4 Dancing All Night |OT| Can You Imagine the Step?

Alternatively again,

Persona 4 Dancing All Night |OT| Boogie Midnights

Dantis

"In this game you get jiggy with it and cut a rug with the best Persona 4 character Rise to put a stop to some bad shit that's probably happening inside the TV World."

Hire me Dantis.

Seven months from release, and we already have our opening line!

Well, the good thing is, we know what the OT title is:

Persona 4 Dancing All Night |OT| Wow! This Game is Megidolaon Cute!

Alternatively,

Persona 4 Dancing All Night |OT| Can You Imagine the Step?

Persona 4 Dancing All Night |OT| Aha! Is this our dance?

I've got some decent experience with rhythm games, though I need to put some more time in with Project Diva F. But I'd still be up for helping out when the time comes-- with graphics too if you'd like!

cjkeats

What was wrong with it?

It just lacked a bit of polish. There was a big fuss about it though. People got real mad.

"Lacked polish" is putting it mildly. It was filled with misinformation and had maybe 2 screenshots that were from the actual game. The rest were from other games in the series for some reason. Basically an example of "How to not do OTs"
You can see it quoted here here before it got locked and replaced.

Lunar15

Seven months from release, and we already have our opening line!

Persona 4 Dancing All Night |OT| Aha! Is this our dance?

Oooh, man, that's pretty good. *overusedantioniobanderas.gif*

Megidolaon as an adjective does need to be worked into the post in some way, though. Although, I'm not really worried about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom