• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
smugasspacmanbig.gif

Pac-Man

That'll have some use later.

Yeah the randomly generated dungeons need to more complex this time around and I find the enemies that you fight against weak. Not just in terms of design but the overall move set. I also find the games too easy, but that's because of the mechanics of the game and how easy it is to break. I feel like they need more variety when it comes to shadows both aesthetically and gameplay wise. Better shadows would help a lot.

Forget everything else I said, I agree with Robert Boyd on this one, that can be an interesting venue for improvement, especially after playing Spelunky and Rogue Legacy. "Is that a clown?" "Why is that old man leveling a 12-gauge at us?!?"

King Fost

Neo Member
I have been saying that for a while now and yeah, I would like a concept similar to the original P3. I find persona's combat kinda boring tbh, so anything that spices it up is okay with me. I don't think P5 will be turn based but I don't think it'll be like tales either.

I wouldn't mind if they used the Press Turn system with a few tweaks here and there. Like maybe use up a turn icon to change personas for example, or implement DDS's combos, or use a more balanced version of Smirk.

What? I love Press Turn combat. It's like my favorite combat engine.

Acosta

Man, I didn't know P4 had a "true ending", lol, I thought my second ending was the good one. I had to use a past save and clear
Marie's dungeon again to arrive to the point I could face the last one
. Finally made it!, wooohooo.

massive p4 ending spoilers ahead

oh my god that hair of Chie after the time jump she looks fantastic!

Naoto looking like a woman!

Yosuke looking even dumber!

omg Rise

WTF Kanji!

Yukiko changed for worse :p too classy!

awwwwwwwwwww Nanako

lol Marie

awwwwwwwwwwwww

FluxWaveZ

massive p4 ending spoilers ahead

I liked the epilogue at first, but it's starting to feel weird to me with the P4A series and P4D. I don't care that much about the story in P4D yet compared to P4A, but it feels as though the significance of their stories are lessened simply by the fact that we know that the status quo is reestablished at the end of it all from the P4G epilogue.

Is there a P3 movie like there is one for P4 ? I want to know the story but P3P being not that good I feel maybe it's the best solution I have considering the few time I have to invest these days

MSMrRound

Is there a P3 movie like there is one for P4 ? I want to know the story but P3P being not that good I feel maybe it's the best solution I have considering the few time I have to invest these days

There's a trilogy. Persona 3 Birth of Spring (which was released in Japan back in November), Midsummer Knight's Dream (coming out in Summer) and the third one, with no release date confirmed for now.

I'm still hoping that my local cinemas can somehow screen them over here in Singapore...but nooooo...they are going to screen the Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! movie instead.

1555462_10151847690191022_1954662519_n.jpg

Sigh...

There's a trilogy. Persona 3 Birth of Spring (which was released in Japan back in November), Midsummer Knight's Dream (coming out in Summer) and the third one, with no release date confirmed for now.

I'm still hoping that my local cinemas can somehow screen them over here in Singapore...but nooooo...they are going to screen the Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! movie instead.

1555462_10151847690191022_1954662519_n.jpg

Sigh...

oh so its all new. Never knew it. Good. Because P3 on PS2 is way too expensive here

LX_Theo

Banned
I liked the epilogue at first, but it's starting to feel weird to me with the P4A series and P4D. I don't care that much about the story in P4D yet compared to P4A, but it feels as though the significance of their stories are lessened simply by the fact that we know that the status quo is reestablished at the end of it all from the P4G epilogue.

P4A a bit, yeah. But isn't P4D confirmed to be after the epilogue?

Dantis

Another Persona Q trailer and still nothing for Dancing All Night. Shambles.

The music in the trailer doesn't sound like Kitajoh to me. If it is him, he's gotten a lot better.

P4A a bit, yeah. But isn't P4D confirmed to be after the epilogue?

We don't actually know when the epilogue takes place specifically. P4D seemingly takes place just after it, but we'll have to wait and see how everyone looks for a confirmation.

Nachos

The thing I like about the persona games is how you have these little in-engine char models to kind of... give you this full body emoticon kind of thing, and then you have these beautiful full (well, torso) body portraits for a more limited but more nuanced kind of reaction.

Exactly. The 3D models perform some basic gestures that would be considered rudimentary normally, but the stylized art takes up so much screen real estate that it naturally draws your eye away. As you're taking in the details of the artwork, the performances of the well-localized script help tie everything together. The models give you a notion of a concept or action, and then the artwork does its job of giving the character presence.

In a way, it's a bit theatrical, with each individual character, major or minor, usually being conveyed in a way that highlights them whenever they're speaking, to make the speaking more clear. Plus by having it all, each presentation method is basically covering up the other's weaknesses.

Yes, I sincerely hope you are right. I love the VN styled 2d character portraits. Didn't Hashino say that Soejima has already submitted sketches for the game? Gives me hope that it's going to continue the tradition of 2d portraits...

Hope we can see something visual reveal for p5 soon
Concept sketches are just those, though. I can't imagine any major character-based project being created without first having concept art to help establish the baseline for how the characters look. With how expensive it can be to build 3D models in HD, it's a lot more economical to experiment with how the characters might look using 2D tools instead of aimlessly reworking the models in 3D and hoping something might stick. The stakes (costs) would be much higher, and for something inefficient, too.

What they decide to do with the artwork afterwards is up to their dissection, but either way, I doubt they'd do something in the disservice of the presentation and break immersion. Atlus clearly isn't in the business of being at the cutting edge of technology, so I'd doubt they do something for the sole reason of being technically impressive.

Squire

Banned

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=741166

It could be much worse.

The music in the trailer doesn't sound like Kitajoh to me. If it is him, he's gotten a lot better.

We don't actually know when the epilogue takes place specifically. P4D seemingly takes place just after it, but we'll have to wait and see how everyone looks for a confirmation.

Man, that's one of your most anticipated games this year!
MINE TOO! ^_^

Nachos

I just checked their channel. Well, so long one-more system. You wouldn't have worked in an Etrian game, anyway.

Squire

Banned
They have too many games they claim are releasing this year in Japan to wait until June to start taking about the rest of them. There's going to have to be some overlap in promotion.

But I mean, the magazine is back, so I assume the overlap is intentional.

Dantis

I expect nothing and therefore I can never be disappointed, only pleasantly surprised

That must be nice.

They have too many games they claim are releasing this year in Japan to wait until June to start taking about the rest of them. There's going to have to be some overlap in promotion.

But I mean, the magazine is back, so I assume the overlap is intentional.

Yup. Like I say, I think we'll hear/see something of Dancing All Night within January.

Tiu Neo

I expect nothing and therefore I can never be disappointed, only pleasantly surprised

I always try to do this, but it never works. I'm easily hyped. :(

You'd best be! :p

I think they'll do like they did with P4G and Arena, and keep alternating news. I think we'll hear something over the next, say, two weeks.

Yeah, that would make sense. June is a bit too close to the release date, this way they could distribute the trailers a bit better.

I just want to see what they did to Kanji and Naoto.

fertygo

Mitsuru uses an ice attack on a enemy weak against ice on the trailer. But I'm not sure yet, the scene cuts after the attack.

That's what I'm seeing too, and make me kinda believed there would be one more in this game.. but we don't know for sure yet with the scene cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom