• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjkeats

Wolf Children is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l. Everyone should watch it. However you feel about anime is irrelevant. It stands on it's own as a film. Funi did goddamn fantastic dubbing it.
So is The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. Shame it's so hard to get on BD now.
It means you're probably a horrible person though.

I am a wonderful person.

"No Gods or Demons, only waifus."- Andrew Ryan on why the Persona games past 2 do not belong in his glorious Megaten franchise.

"no u"-Frank Fontaine on why that is dumb

Dantis

I drew a sketch of Chie dressed in a FeMC style outfit. I don't normally post my rough sketches, but I felt like posting this one.

Great story, huh?

P0XthWD.png

kewlmyc

Wolf Children was pretty dang phenomenal, and one of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen.

My only real grievance is that it falls prey to my biggest media pet peeve ever: shouting a character's name over and over again. By the end of the film, I thought I was gonna lose it if I heard "AMEEEE" one more time.

That aside, it's Spirited Away > Wolf Children >= Summer Wars > Gurren Lagann as far as anime movies go.

Oh, and, er, Persona Persona Persona Personaaaa, I guess.

??? The recaps?

Acid08

Banned
I drew a sketch of Chie dressed in a FeMC style outfit. I don't normally post my rough sketches, but I felt like posting this one.

Great story, huh?
Looks great!

And how about that Persona 3 ending huh guys? Could you BELIEVE it when Mitsuru destroyed Tartarus by sacrificing Junpei in that weird pagan ritual? That final scene was hilarious though, I couldn't believe Koromaru peed the rug AGAIN!

Lunar15

Looks great!

And how about that Persona 3 ending huh guys? Could you BELIEVE it when Mitsuru destroyed Tartarus by sacrificing Junpei in that weird pagan ritual? That final scene was hilarious though, I couldn't believe Koromaru peed the rug AGAIN!

I liked the part where the FeMC became canon. :D

Looks great!

That wacky Koro-chan!

Wolf Children is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l. Everyone should watch it. However you feel about anime is irrelevant. It stands on it's own as a film. Funi did goddamn fantastic dubbing it.

I am a wonderful person.
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is available on Amazon.co.uk at around 14£ if I recall correctly.
Yes. Gurren Lagann is that good.

The amazing redone animation and new story additions helped too ;P
You're telling me they added stuff in the movies? I thought they were only recaps D:
I need to watch them as soon as possible.

Levito

Banned
"The world is full of shit" - Ayn Rand

Yeah the Funi dub is just as good as the sub IMO. Watched the dub first, then the sub the following evening.

cjkeats

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is available on Amazon.co.uk at around 14£ if I recall correctly.

You're telling me they added stuff in the movies? I thought they were only recaps D:
I need to watch them as soon as possible.

UK are jerks.. -_-: Bandai did the movie over here, and since they went under you'll be lucky to find the DVD for under $200, BD may require a mortgage.

Great story, huh?

It looks really good, but I am not saying this just to mess with you, I swear...but that kind of looks like Naoto...

I'm starting to lose motivation to beat Persona 2....

But I just gotta! For Hitler. All I know is that Hitler's in the game. Don't know when he shows up, or why, but damn it I'm not gonna rest till I find out.

And for Maya, cause she's the best too, I guess, whatever man.

UK are jerks.. -_-: Bandai did the movie over here, and since they went under you'll be lucky to find the DVD for under $200, BD may require a mortgage.
You would spend less actually importing it from the UK.
There was another BD I wanted to buy, maybe it was Paprika.

PK Gaming

I'm starting to lose motivation to beat Persona 2....

But I just gotta! For Hitler. All I know is that Hitler's in the game. Don't know when he shows up, or why, but damn it I'm not gonna rest till I find out.

And for Maya, cause she's the best too, I guess, whatever man.

Where are you?

I haven't played the game for days but I just beat
the Cuss High School dungeon, which was like the second dungeon I think, so I'm not even into the meat of the game yet.

It's those random battle encounters. I just can't deal with them.

try to find a Persona with Estoma

PK Gaming

I haven't played the game for days but I just beat
the Cuss High School dungeon, which was like the second dungeon I think, so I'm not even into the meat of the game yet.

It's those random battle encounters. I just can't deal with them.
Yeah, they're yawn inducing.

My only advice is to try and power through them? There's a point where you can just end all encounters with a fusion spell, which is nice. Maybe play a bit of the game per day?

cjkeats

Yeah it was pretty short by the usual Persona standards. My time was around 26 hrs or so, on easy difficulty.
try to find a Persona with Estoma

It was useless in IS for me. You're always levelled so low and Estoma only stops weak demons from appearing. Everywhere you go everything is around your level if not above, but it's so easy to wreck them regardless.

Yeah I don't remember
abandoning my mother to be attacked by bears or trying to rip out my sister's throat
when I was 10.

He totally saved his mother though. It's not like he saw the bears attacking her and then left; he just slipped out quietly and then came to her rescue when she almost got herself killed going after him.

His fight with Yuki was his only real dickish moment, but even then it was just an extrapolation of an average fight between siblings, something which once again I also had my fair share of, being the eldest of three.

And yeah, P2 is pretty short. I managed to watch an entire playthrough of EP sans battles in only a few sittings.

Levito

Banned
Ah well, I got my hopes up for a second. haha

I have a hard time these days playing 40+ hour games these days, or rather starting them.

He totally saved his mother though. It's not like he saw the bears attacking her and then left; he just slipped out quietly and then came to her rescue when she almost got herself killed going after him.

His fight with Yuki was his only real dickish moment, but even then it was just an extrapolation of an average fight between siblings, something which once again I also had my fair share of, being the eldest of three.

Did I miss something? I don't recall
Hanna being actually 'attacked' by bears, just eyed down by one.

The whole point of the story was Ame chose one path and Yuki chose another, and as a parent you just have to let your kids go into the world eventually. Ame was already an adult as a wolf too.

kiriin

The spoiler free guide for IS psp is kinda unnecessary because the tarot grinding when you dont need the strongest fusion spell since you can spam what you got instead. Can pretty much beat the game under 20 hours because of the difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom