• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Time for some Persona fast facts. From the people who did the recent Persona lore.
Aww yiss

I hope they cover other SMT games

tumblr_mxkssy0SyP1sro0czo1_500.png

tumblr_mxkssy0SyP1sro0czo2_500.png

omg that expression change

Did I miss something? I don't recall
Hanna being actually 'attacked' by bears, just eyed down by one.

That's exactly what happened. Either Corvo was confused or he was exaggerating.

The whole point of the story was Ame chose one path and Yuki chose another, and as a parent you just have to let your kids go into the world eventually. Ame was already an adult as a wolf too.

Yup, which is exactly why I think Ame's not as big a jerk as people make him out to be.
He chose his path, and denying him that would make Hana the biggest jerk of all.

Dantis

PersonaGAF, tell me who to draw in a FeMC style outfit next (After I colour the Chie picture, obv.).

Rise, Yukiko or Naoto.

Aww yiss

I hope they cover other SMT games

omg that expression change

Tanaka is hilarious. I hope they bring him back for Persona 5.

cjkeats

PersonaGAF, tell me who to draw in a FeMC style outfit next (After I colour the Chie picture, obv.).

Rise, Yukiko or Naoto.

Rise, Rise, Rise, Rise, Rise, Rise, Rise, Rise, Rise, Rise, Rise, Rise, Rise, Rise, Rise, Rise, Rise, Rise, Rise, Rise, Rise, Rise, Rise, Rise. Rise. Rise.

Squire

Banned

Rise, Yukiko or Naoto.

Rise. You don't draw her that much, I don't think.

Anyone else have a minor character they want to see again?

Dantis

I think I'd like them to bring back any minor characters.

More than I'd like to see a party member probably, in fact. Bringing back a party member has the potential to ruin any ambiguity to what happened to that person after the game, but with an S Link, I wouldn't care.

Caladrius

It's kind of silly wish fullfillment, but I would like Naoki Konishi to cameo. He was my favorite of the non-party member P4 social links. (Disclaimer: My status as a dainty male tsundere has nothing to do with this.)

Squire

Banned
I think I'd like them to bring back any minor characters.

More than I'd like to see a party member probably, in fact. Bringing back a party member has the potential to ruin any ambiguity to what happened to that person after the game, but with an S Link, I wouldn't care.

Sure. I think the only issue with bringing back any character who had an S. Link is that they probably have to assume you did that link when you may not have.

Funky student. Definitely funky student.

No.

Lunar15

Honestly, Rise makes the most sense as a cameo in future games. She's the most prolific of just about any character in the series, and it's not much of a stretch to figure that "she continued being famous" in the near future of the persona series.

As for minor characters, I think it'd be interesting to see an older Nanako, or maybe run into Ai in a mall or something.

Necrovex

This is non-Persona (and non-game) talk, but I want to hear some possible advice from my Persona bros.

So I'm seeing an old teacher of mine on Friday. He called me out of the blue today, and told me of some opportunities. I've been watching NHK for the past week, and I just watched the pyramid scheme episode. I am fairly certain he is going to pitch me a multi-level marketing scheme.

He was my favorite high school teacher, and I saw him several times during my time in college, so I decided to agree to see him for lunch. Now there is a chance I may be wrong, but a lot of of the symptoms were there (a person I spoke to makes 80,000 a month, reluctance to speak about this opportunity on the phone, and not speaking to him for two-to-three years). So, how should I handle this situation if my suspicions are proven right? I won't agree to any of his proposals, regardless of what he tells me.

Persona related edit: No major party members should be brought back for P5; minor characters should be the only returning cast.

cjkeats

I can see Rise. Just for easy insertion somewhere like a poster or something. I was a big fan of the P3 cameos in P4, they just kinda fit ever so nonchalantly. I hope they do it again kind of like that.

Funky student. Definitely funky student.

His appearance in Arena was perfect. Making Junes a funkier place.

This is non-Persona (and non-game) talk, but I want to hear some possible advice from my Persona bros.

So I'm seeing an old teacher of mine on Friday. He called me out of the blue today, and told me of some opportunities. I've been watching NHK for the past week, and I just watched the pyramid scheme episode. I am fairly certain he is going to pitch me a multi-level marketing scheme.

He was my favorite high school teacher, and I saw him several times during my time in college, so I decided to agree to see him for lunch. Now there is a chance I may be wrong, but a lot of of the symptoms were there (a person I spoke to makes 80,000 a month, reluctance to speak about this opportunity on the phone, and not speaking to him for two-to-three years). So, how should I handle this situation if my suspicions are proven right? I won't agree to any of his proposals, regardless of what he tells me.

Persona related edit: No major party members should be brought back for P5; minor characters should be the only returning cast.

Just tell him no when you see him? And maybe try and steer things away from money talk.

Dantis

I can see Rise. Just for easy insertion somewhere like a poster or something. I was a big fan of the P3 cameos in P4, they just kinda fit ever so nonchalantly. I hope they do it again kind of like that.

Concur.

Hopefully they leave that shadow operatives mess out of P5.

This. So, so much.

If he does, just divert conversation away from it, and if he pushes it, make your excuses and leave.

LX_Theo

Banned
Oh come on. Having an NPC named Charlie would be an awesome little nod from the localization team.

Honestly, a non-Japanese name would be a bit odd to have for some npc. If there's an opportunity to have a tourist from oversees or something, then maybe they do it.

Acid08

Banned
No, but people keep bringing up that stupid name in every P4 thread.
Probably because the ER exposed a lot of people to the game. Be mad if you want I guess, it's hardly something that's detrimental to the community.

Honestly, a non-Japanese name would be a bit odd to have for some npc. If there's an opportunity to have a tourist from oversees or something, then maybe they do it.
That would be pretty funny. But it's not like Funky Student fit in particularly well in a rural Japanese high school :p

cj_iwakura

Just checked my Vita:

37 Hours for P2:IS (w/ spoiler-free guide and light on sidequests)
42 Hours for P2:EP (no guide and next to no sidequests)

Well, EP also has two campaigns(sort of), and the EX dungeon on the third playthrough. That gives it quite a bit of replay value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom