• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

An insufficient argument.

Yours wasn't much of one either? "Oh it's shit but it's skippable shit." A dog's turd is still a dog's turd, and whether or not I step around it does not change the fact that it stinks.

You get
better SP restoring gear but that's it. When you exit it comes back, but not inside.

So
if I had to say, leave, would all the dungeon specific relics and items I had gained be lost, or would they be returned to me upon my returning to the dungeon?

PK Gaming

GOOD THING
I SAVED BEFORE COMING INTO THIS PLACE. You know, it figures Marie would have the worst dungeon in the game. That said, I'm pretty sure I got an item that lets me exit the dungeon?
That item lets you spawn at the front of the dungeon so you can recuperate/fuse/etc, but you can't leave

LX_Theo

Banned
Yours wasn't much of one either? "Oh it's shit but it's skippable shit." A dog's turd is still a dog's turd, and whether or not I step around it does not change the fact that it stinks.
Just saying, if a person can't tolerate a teenager's poetry for 5 seconds, then issues are to be had.

Caladrius

GOOD THING
I SAVED BEFORE COMING INTO THIS PLACE. You know, it figures Marie would have the worst dungeon in the game. That said, I'm pretty sure I got an item that lets me exit the dungeon?

You can try it.
When I played I didn't know about the element break thing so I had to try and resort to almighty spam to beat the boss. I think I ragequit because it was taking too long.

Moonlight

Banned
GOOD THING
It's functionally the same thing as a Goho-M. You'll exit into the dungeon's 'lobby' but you won't just be able to say 'fuck this, I'm out'.

Just grit your teeth and bear it, try and ignore as many Shadows as you can and book it during battles. The only thing you should be worrying about in that case is having resistance nullifying items or spells (like Fire/Ice/Wind/Elec Break).

kiriin

I hope PersonaQ Marie reads her poetry out loud as support character. Oh and makes a cameo in p5 just out of spite as well.

CorvoSol

You can try it.
When I played I didn't know about the element break thing so I had to try and resort to almighty spam to beat the boss. I think I ragequit because it was taking too long.

It's functionally the same thing as a Goho-M. You'll exit into the dungeon's 'lobby' but you won't just be able to say 'fuck this, I'm out'.

Just grit your teeth and bear it, try and ignore as many Shadows as you can and book it during battles. The only thing you should be worrying about in that case is having resistance nullifying items or spells (like Fire/Ice/Wind/Elec Break).

So I have one Persona that
will learn Elec Break, but if push comes to shove I can exit and buy some breaks to put on one. If I do leave to the lobby I can come back to the floor I left on, right?

Hey, at least the music is great!

And Frit-Kun, you cant compare Der Doppelgänger to

468px-2013-03-12-144315.jpg

Kazzy

JRPGs and Poetry just don't mix. Crisis Core, anyone?

Anyone who thinks Marie is bad should play Crisis Core - All the Genesis stuff is infinitely worse. He's a legitimately terrible character. The worst of Japanese tropes in one loathsome package.

CorvoSol

Anyone who thinks Marie is bad should play Crisis Core - All the Genesis stuff is infinitely worse. He's a legitimately terrible character. The worst of Japanese tropes in one loathsome package.

Oh no doubt Genesis is worse than Marie, but the fact she reminds me of him does not reflect well on her. Genesis is the second worst character in Final Fantasy. He's Marie taken to the extreme.

Caladrius

So I have one Persona that
will learn Elec Break, but if push comes to shove I can exit and buy some breaks to put on one. If I do leave to the lobby I can come back to the floor I left on, right?

Uhh...Will learn? I don't think you gain experience in the dungeon. It might bring you back to the floor you were on. My memory is foggy because I rarely used the return items.

Genesis is an incestuous womanizing molester with a god complex?

CorvoSol

Uhh...Will learn? I don't think you gain experience in the dungeon. It might bring you back to the floor you were on. My memory is foggy because I rarely used the return items.

Genesis is an incestuous womanizing molester with a god complex?

You gain.

And yeah, actually I would use each of those words to describe Genesis at one point in Crisis Core or another.

LX_Theo

Banned
I try not to judge actual people for mocking video games, but that's just me.
Calm down. I'm only making a point. Trivial stuff is still trivial, no matter how big of a deal you act as though it is.

And, to note, how people react to things they believe will have no consequence can say more about them then many other things... so yeah. But don't act as though I think this is important enough to me to care or even do that.

CorvoSol

Calm down. I'm only making a point. Trivial stuff is still trivial, no matter how big of a deal you act as though it is.

And, to note, how people react to things they believe will have no consequence can say more about them then many other things... so yeah. But don't act as though I think this is important enough to me to care or even do that.

But you are doing it, so you do care enough? More perplexing still is that you would suggest that trivial things say damning things about people, implying that my dislike of Marie's doofy poetry somehow makes me a terrible person and then overlook that your own view, that the statement you've made about my character is trivial to you, does not then in turn reflect poorly on yourself. You're throwing out an insult when there's no need for you to at all, especially when it doesn't reflect kindly on you at all and when you don't NEED to since you had made a perfectly fine prior argument about Marie's poetry being interpreted as intentionally bad rather than unintentionally.

I mean, hey, go ahead and like the character. Don't really see why you feel the need to make it personal, but hey, whatever.

LX_Theo

Banned
But you are doing it, so you do care enough?

I mean, hey, go ahead and like the character. Don't really see why you feel the need to make it personal, but hey, whatever.
Caring enough to make a point is a real low bar for me. In my nature, I am much a critic. Seeing little things that are wrong for stuff, usually just as a method of making things better. No ill intent. No real judgement outside of thinking something is illogical.

Though, I don't really know why you seem to think simply making a point is enough to consider it being made personal, though.

FluxWaveZ

Caring enough to make a point is a real low bar for me. In my nature, I am much a critic. Seeing little things that are wrong for stuff, usually just as a method of making things better. No ill intent. No real judgement outside of thinking something is illogical.

I think there's a large difference between criticism or pointing out contradictions and being judgmental.

Meia

Seriously, I wonder if sometimes I'm the only one that noticed the tons of special drops from the chests in that dungeon that actually broke a specific element on an enemy. You don't NEED any persona to have a Break ability, you can just farm chests for items that break said element.

That being said, it sucks there's no physical break ability in the game. :(

CorvoSol

Though, I don't really know why you seem to think simply making a point is enough to consider it being made personal, though.

Because you made it so when you said that disliking video game poetry reflected poorly on my character. You're not being critical, you're being unnecessarily rude.

Seriously, I wonder if sometimes I'm the only one that noticed the tons of special drops from the chests in that dungeon that actually broke a specific element on an enemy. You don't NEED any persona to have a Break ability, you can just farm chests for items that break said element.

Oh I did! It's why I'm not sweating bullets over this.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You have to save her first before you can do any social links with the investigation team.

And I think you're boned there.

I actually wasn't boned! I went to open the fridge and there was a bag of snacks inside that Nanako had half-eaten and it was inside!

Moonlight

Banned

I know full well, but half the time a chest will trigger a battle and those are a real headache given the quirks.

LX_Theo

Banned
Because you made it so when you said that disliking video game poetry reflected poorly on my character. You're not being critical, you're being unnecessarily rude.
All I said was that an inability to deal with trivial things is an illogical approach. Would you disagree?

Don't really care if you think I'm being rude. Not as though I know you. Its not as though I'm trying to comment on you. That's you making it all about you. All I'm doing is saying that people like to make mountains out of molehills when it comes to topics like Marie here.

It was one of the first things I said, "I don't know. Almost every time I hear complaints about Marie it always seem to be so nitpicky outside of one or two legitimate ones."

Simple as that.
I think there's a large difference between criticism or pointing out contradictions and being judgmental.
Are you saying you know my thought process on the matter, now?

Who exactly did I judge by saying people getting caught up in trivial things are being illogical? Who do I somehow think of a lesser person now?

CorvoSol

You know what? Just, nevermind. You don't care what you said and don't feel you said something wrong, and I think your assessment of me was incorrect. To prove it, let's just forget this entire thing. It's trivial, it's dumb, and it's seriously killing the good vibe in the thread.

So I apologize to the rest of the thread for killing the good vibe, and that's the last I have to say on this.

FluxWaveZ

Are you saying you know my thought process on the matter, now?

Who exactly did I judge by saying people getting caught up in trivial things are being illogical? Who do I somehow think of a lesser person now?

Just saying, if a person can't tolerate a teenager's poetry for 5 seconds, then issues are to be had.

I'd say that's judgement, not criticism, because judgement is related to your own perception of how other people should behave while one's subjective tastes and reactions to something like this on such a small scale cannot be analyzed objectively as though there is a "right" way to behave. One's reaction can't be deemed "illogical" with something like this.

But sure, like Corvo, I don't care either way.

LX_Theo

Banned
You know what? Just, nevermind. You don't care what you said and don't feel you said something wrong, and I think your assessment of me was incorrect. To prove it, let's just forget this entire thing. It's trivial, it's dumb, and it's seriously killing the good vibe in the thread.

So I apologize to the rest of the thread for killing the good vibe, and that's the last I have to say on this.

The fact that you think it was an assessment of you was the problem in the first place. :/

I'd say that's judgement, not criticism, because judgement is related to your own perception of how other people should behave while one's subjective tastes and reactions to something like this on such a small scale cannot be analyzed objectively as though there is a "right" way to behave. One's reaction can't be deemed "illogical" with something like this.
Are you telling me that getting worked up over trivial things is logical in anyone's perspective? Can't think of a situation where anyone thinks it benefited them.

Just look at how this is going. I make a point. Stick to the point. Corvo takes it personally since he is in the group the point was directed towards, and gets all up in arms about it. I made a point. Definition of something trivial. Only ever intended to be trivial, too. Because it was just a point. On a message board.

FluxWaveZ

It's weird. We know there'll be a Shinjiro PQ trailer as well as a Yukiko one at around 6-8 PM JST, but I feel more anxious for more Persona related news when I know there's a bit incoming. I need more.

LX_Theo

Banned
Valid point

Counterpoint: Marie's poems are that bad

images

EDIT: Actually, I think that last part is kind of condescending.

Condescending, maybe. Depends if you think a comparison to the general population and perspective would constitute implications of superiority. Not a ton different than saying a person has a problem if they are getting bad grades.

You're not going to find many people willing to argue in favor of getting worked up over trivial things. Especially when the 5 seconds of note was just spamming through each poem without even paying attention to it.

PK Gaming

LX_Theo said:
You're not going to find many people willing to argue in favor of getting worked up over trivial things. Especially when the 5 seconds of note was just spamming through each poem without even paying attention to it.
Sure, but that's not in dispute, or relevant really. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure you can find a sizable portion of P4G playrs who disliked her sequence breaking poems, especially if they didn't like her character to begin with. I'll be the first to admit that I'm hyperbolic when it comes to hating on Marie (I like being silly), but I genuinely dislike her poems on a fundamental level. It's trivial, but that doesn't change the fact that it lessened my experience with the game, there's nothing wrong with complaining about that.

Condescending, maybe. Depends if you think a comparison to the general population and perspective would constitute implications of superiority. Not a ton different than saying a person has a problem if they are getting bad grades.
I'm sorry man, but we're on completely different wavelengths here. I don't think getting worked up over an annoying aspect in a game constitutes as "having an issue." I think it's kind of bizarre that you're trying to make that point in first in the first place. Like having bad grads is legitimate real life issue that's so far removed from disliking an aspect in a video game. I mean this
is Neogaf, the De-facto place for people who like to air out their squabbles over a particular game. Would you really say that all of those people have a problem? That the people in this thread have a problem? (haha i'm just joking, we're all crazy)

(Breathes out)

Well that's enough of that heavy stuff. Just admit it, you have a soft spot for Marie. I wanna see you cut loose and be silly! ADMIT IT! She's your waifu, isn't she?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom