• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a soft spot for Marie...ZING!....but really I do think I have a soft spot for her and find redeemable things in almost every single Perosna character, maybe even Megaten character...maybe....no no...*shrug*

I have a soft spot for Marie...ZING!....but really I think I have a soft spot for and find redeemable things in almost every single Perosna character, maybe even Megaten character...maybe....no no...*shrug*

Same... I mean she has a few cheesy poems, a few more bearable ones. She dresses awful, but has some good scenes here and there. Overall not that bad.

Happy Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem announcement anniversary, PersonaGAF. If your timezone hasn't gotten to the 23rd yet, it's close enough.

EMT0

Banned
Happy Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem announcement anniversary, PersonaGAF. If your timezone hasn't gotten to the 23rd yet, it's close enough.

I was in the group calling it 'not vaporware' a few weeks ago. It's really been a year since it was announced? Man, time flies. And with time, things change. Like my opinion.

.-.

So! I have been playing Chet Rippo's copy of Persona 4 (original version), which I have never played before because I'm an idiot apparently. I've only been able to play a couple hours a day at most--I have been playing this game and pretty much nothing but for a month straight, feels kind of surreal, I don't normally do that. I have been playing it pretty much by the seat of my pants, but I ran into one of the bad endings today.

Or rather, I wouldn't call it a bad ending, more like... a non-ending.

Dojima: "Eh, maybe I'll go to the trial, I dunno. Have fun at the train station."

Friends: "Bye."

Credits.

What?

Uh, didn't save, went back and did that scene over again ("Oh my god do I have to sit through the kotatsu scene again"). Did anyone ever just stick with that ending? I can't imagine anyone would be satisfied with that.

I've been playing it remarkably spoiler free for such an old game (the only major one I really knew before hand was Naoto's, just by sheer pop-cultural osmosis). Which I guess means I should avoid this topic again until I actually beat the game.

I just wanted to stick my head in and say that I like this game of your's a lot. Am looking forward to Persona 5.

CorvoSol

Ahh yeah, you have great taste in waifus my friend.
Olivia was my waifu, don't you dare look at her.

Olivia is the woman I always gave Chrom. Because they worked out perfectly.

In the interest of fairness to Marie's poetry,
the 3rd to and 2nd to last floors of the dungeon have her poetry sort of making sense.
Because it comes across less as poetry and more as a mental breakdown.

On that same note,
I'm at the boss. Do I leave and restore my SP or just gun it?

Do you guys think Atlus will show anything in april? Persona 5 trailer? DS2:O release date? SMTxFE? New P4D trailer? Deviliser? Anything?

Persona 3: Full Moon edition, an HD remake of P3:FES with all the cool stuff from P3P, such as FeMC, Skill Cards, option to manually control party, and much more

A man can dream...

Olivia is the woman I always gave Chrom. Because they worked out perfectly.

I won't let that dastard Chrom touch my waifu, his canon waifu is Sumia anyways. My evidence... um... that one scene in the intro movie.

FluxWaveZ

If you had to guess, what do you think it will be?

Well, what do you mean, exactly? They're already revealing new Persona Q trailers on a weekly basis, so that's something every week.

Whats wrong with that?

I don't want a P3 remake, or any remake of anything of theirs anytime soon unless it's something crazy like the Persona 2 duology in the P3/P4 engine. Especially don't want a P3 remake since that'd be its third re-release; I don't need to play through it again.

I'd prefer their efforts go into new and unique projects like Catherine or the bunch of Persona stuff they're putting out this year.

Hmm. I beat the Kanji dungeon at 21 instead of 25. Value medicine, revival beads and two people with media helped. Was easy after taking out the two thing to the boss's sides.

Should I use Kanji now and drop one of Yosuke/Chief/Yukiko now or what's the usual MO here?

Moonlight

Banned
Hmm. I beat the Kanji dungeon at 21 instead of 25. Value medicine, revival beads and two people with media helped. Was easy after taking out the two thing to the boss's sides.

Should I use Kanji now and drop one of Yosuke/Chief/Yukiko now or what's the usual MO here?
Do you like Kanji? If yes, swap him out for whoever you like the least in your party (unless it's Yukiko, because she's easily the most useful party member in the game). P4 (Golden in particular) is really fair about letting you pick whoever in whatever combination.

Aside from Yukiko being too useful not to use.

You should use Kanji because he can wield a desk.

EDIT: Drop Yosuke because he's a whiny creep.

I don't want a P3 remake, or any remake of anything of theirs anytime soon unless it's something crazy like the Persona 2 duology in the P3/P4 engine. Especially don't want a P3 remake since that'd be its third re-release; I don't need to play through it again.

I'd prefer their efforts go into new and unique projects like Catherine or the bunch of Persona stuff they're putting out this year.

Fair points. P2 on the P3/P4 engine sounds fun, maybe I could finally beat it and see what all the fuss is about.

Your're right, you don't need to play through it again, although nothing would force you to play through any remakes or re-releases of SMT or Persona games if they were made. I learned this lesson with Square's constant porting and re-releasing of all the Final Fantasy games I love. Just because they re-release or remake a game I love, doesn't mean I need to play it again.

I for one support a definitive P3 experience someday, not necessarily now. So I find your comment dismissive.

FluxWaveZ

Your're right, you don't need to play through it again, although nothing would force you to play through any remakes or re-releases of SMT or Persona games if they were made. I learned this lesson with Square's constant porting and re-releasing of all the Final Fantasy games I love. Just because they re-release or remake a game I love, doesn't mean I need to play it again.

I for one support a definitive P3 experience someday, not necessarily now. So I find your comment dismissive.

My comment isn't dismissive: it's my opinion. You asked me what I found wrong about the prospect of a P3 remake and I answered that I don't need to play through the game again and would rather the R&D time be spent elsewhere. I know others would like a remake, like you do, but I wouldn't because of what I explained.

I don't think there's anything dismissive about stating my opinion. I know I wouldn't need to acquire and play through a P3 remake again if one came out—even though I would—but that still doesn't mean I can't be opposed to the idea.

Acid08

Banned
How would people feel about using Surt as the end game Persona in P3? I have a shitload of the stat cards to use. I kinda don't feel like grinding to get the higher level fusions. I'm at 80 right now.

April's kinda far. I don't really have an idea.

Ah, I see.
I was thinking :

-Devil Survivor 2 release date

-SMTxFE trailer

-Persona 5 trailer(although I don't expect it to be a full gameplay blowout, probably wouldn't be any gameplay tbh).

-P4D trailer

-PQ trailer

If we are really really really really lucky:
-Devil Survivor 3(It's been long overdue and DS2:O will be a straight port with some minor shit added in if it's anything like DS:O)

-P5 blowout(trailer on par with the initial P4 trailer.)

-Deviliser(SMT spinoff centered around demon fusion, trading monsters and battling other people for 3DS)

If we are really really really really really lucky
-Devilser is a Vita game

If we are really really really really really really lucky
Devliser is on consoles(Either way I want a non persona megaten game on a damn HD console).

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
83C9kSG.jpg

hnnggg

LX_Theo

Banned
Sure, but that's not in dispute, or relevant really. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure you can find a sizable portion of P4G playrs who disliked her sequence breaking poems, especially if they didn't like her character to begin with. I'll be the first to admit that I'm hyperbolic when it comes to hating on Marie (I like being silly), but I genuinely dislike her poems on a fundamental level. It's trivial, but that doesn't change the fact that it lessened my experience with the game, there's nothing wrong with complaining about that.

I'm sorry man, but we're on completely different wavelengths here. I don't think getting worked up over an annoying aspect in a game constitutes as "having an issue." I think it's kind of bizarre that you're trying to make this point. Like having bad grads is legitimate real life issue that's so far removed from disliking an aspect in a video game. I mean this
is Neogaf, the de-facto place for people who like to air out their squabbles over a particular game. Would you really say that all of those people have a problem?
Honestly, I'd say a lot of the internet has that issue. Just look across the websites and see the hatred over little things everywhere. Though, I'm not really up to go and say anything of specific topics. Any given complaint would be an entirely different story. Simply complaining is not the issue. Disliking something is not the issue. Its the scale of the reaction to the inciting complaint.

Getting worked up so much over a very small part of a game, that is essentially skippable... I don't really think there's a legitimate argument that can defend that.

There's a point where this trivial part of the game incites a reaction that goes to borderline be a grudge. That's when an issue arises. It takes up emotional stress, mental energy, and time consumption on a trivial subject that could better be used elsewhere. It is like bad grades. It applies a negative to a person's life in multiple facets where they could be applying a positive/neutral part.

At a point where taking a few seconds to skip through this small part of the game that the persona dislikes... A point where that is too little to simply deal with its inclusion for them. I do legitimately see an issue there.
(Breathes out)

Well that's enough of that heavy stuff. Just admit it, you have a soft spot for Marie. I wanna see you cut loose and be silly! ADMIT IT! She's your waifu, isn't she?
A concept that I don't paticularly care for, lol. If it makes you feel better, Rise would be the character that comes the closest for me to that.

Thank you for approaching my point as what is is, though.

My comment isn't dismissive: it's my opinion. You asked me what I found wrong about the prospect of a P3 remake and I answered that I don't need to play through the game again and would rather the R&D time be spent elsewhere. I know others would like a remake, like you do, but I wouldn't because of what I explained.

I don't think there's anything dismissive about stating my opinion. I know I wouldn't need to acquire and play through a P3 remake again if one came out—even though I would—but that still doesn't mean I can't be opposed to the idea.

That's fine, I respect your opinions. I just fine the term "Ew" to be dismissive, to my original proposition of a P3 remake.

Ah, I see.
I was thinking :

-Devil Survivor 2 release date

-SMTxFE trailer

-Persona 5 trailer(although I don't expect it to be a full gameplay blowout, probably wouldn't be any gameplay tbh).

-P4D trailer

-PQ trailer

If we are really really really really lucky:
-Devil Survivor 3(It's been long overdue and DS2:O will be a straight port with some minor shit added in if it's anything like DS:O)

-P5 blowout(trailer on par with the initial P4 trailer.)

-Deviliser(SMT spinoff centered around demon fusion, trading monsters and battling other people for 3DS)

If we are really really really really really lucky
-Devilser is a Vita game

If we are really really really really really really lucky
Devliser is on consoles(Either way I want a non persona megaten game on a damn HD console).

Key:
Bold- Things that I'm sure will be shown before April
Italics- Things that I think we might get a minor glimpse at before April.
Underlined- Things that I think will be taken care of by Nintendo
Everything Else- Things that I think are likely to be shown in April or later.

Edit: The Italicized one is not very visible. Hint: it's Persona 5

CorvoSol

What happened?

What's Blood-C?

Blood-C is an anime
that censors its violence with hilarious black and white bars across them. Just like the white bars that censored the girls naughty bits during this bath scene.

Kanji's obliviousness to Valentine's day was precious.

The game is ending and I'm crying, will post again only when it's done. To Junes not home.

Gazoinks

Really? I had the feeling most story driven games these days have an actual epilogue.

Mm, that's true. I guess it depends on the game, but I feel like most games basically just end in a lengthy cutscene after the boss, and I like that there's a bit more to it than that. I played vanilla P4, and even with the timeskip, the ability to actually run around and talk to people helped out a lot, and Golden seems to add a lot more to that. I haven't finished many other JRPGs and such in a while though, so maybe I'm off base. :p

FluxWaveZ

Mm, that's true. I guess it depends on the game, but I feel like most games basically just end in a lengthy cutscene after the boss, and I like that there's a bit more to it than that. I played vanilla P4, and even with the timeskip, the ability to actually run around and talk to people helped out a lot, and Golden seems to add a lot more to that. I haven't finished many other JRPGs and such in a while though, so maybe I'm off base. :p

Well, isn't what happens after the final boss in P4 and even P4G just one big cutscene?

Gazoinks

Well, isn't what happens after the final boss in P4 and even P4G just one big cutscene?

I guess. My first post was probably too much of a generalization, but what I really meant was just that I like that it gives you the ability to actually run around and say goodbye to the game organically instead of just ferrying you towards the exit. As for P4G, I don't have it so I'm only using second-hand info. Doesn't it give you an additional month of normal S.Link gameplay after the final boss, or is it all just cutscene-type stuff?

I'm talking about stuff before the True End if that isn't obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom