• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Remember that news article that claimed Last Guardian was for the PS4 for 2014 release and P5 for the PS4 targeting a 2015 release (source was a leaking game retailer in Japan?)?

So if P5 gets announced this upcoming weekend, what are the chances of a Spring/Summer Japan release with a near simultaneous (1-2 months difference like SMT IV) in 2014?

Surely, Atlus JP will not tease now then release the game in 2015?

I'm think winter of next year is the longest we'd have to wait. It kinda depends on if there really is a P3 rerelease coming, I suppose. I could see them waiting until that releases before giving us P5.

Social links can quite stressful organizing them all.

If it is announced this week I am confident that it will come out this summer in Japan and this fall in the U.S. There is a chance of it even coming out in early spring as well, but I think summer would be a sure thing. Past Persona games have come out months after announcements.

I believe Persona 3 was announced in March 2006 and came out in July 2006.

Persona 4 was announced in December of 2007 and came out in Japan in July of 2008. It came out for the PS2.

What about the localization delay? Since SMT 4 took just under 2 months... and this is Persona... maybe we can get it within 2 months of JPN release! Perhaps beating the time to localize P3/4.

Moonlight

Banned
I'd be willing to hedge a bet that we'll get P5 within a few weeks of its' arrival in Japan. There is absolutely no chance that they aren't simultaneously localizing the game.

Squire

Banned
Kenji is a legitimately terrible person.

Just the fucking worst.

I'd be willing to hedge a bet that we'll get P5 within a few weeks of its' arrival in Japan. There is absolutely no chance that they aren't simultaneously localizing the game.

Right there with you. They're almost certainly working on it in some fashion as we speak, I think. I wouldn't be surprised if they even outright confirm it for the west next week. I almost expect it. Like I said, I'm not convinced Atlus' execs from JP dropped the US branch for a simple visit. I think they came for a briefing and this live stream stuff fits that perfectly.

Moonlight

Banned
Right there with you. They're almost certainly working on it in some fashion as we speak, I think. I wouldn't be surprised if they even outright confirm it for the west next week. I almost expect it. Like I said, I'm not convinced Atlus' execs from JP dropped the US branch for a simple visit. I think they came for a briefing and this live stream stuff fits that perfectly.
Indeed. I'd find it very hard to believe that an overseas trip would be made for anything other than arranging something like this.

Rio's social link had the odd problem of making him worse. He's going after a woman he has no chance with and she's head over heels in love with him! Gosh!
There's really no accounting for bad taste. Rio could do much better.

Like FeMC

Caladrius

Rio's social link had the odd problem of making him worse. He's going after a woman he has no chance with and she's head over heels in love with him! Gosh!

Forget Ai, Yosuke, Fukka, Ken, Gourmet King or all of those small fry.

Kenji is the absolute worst and I defy anyone to contest this claim.

Indeed. I'd find it very hard to believe that an overseas trip would be made for anything other than arranging something like this.

There's really no accounting for bad taste. Rio could do much better.

Like FeMC

Make this happen, ATLUS The icy rose needs sweet nectar.

Just the fucking worst.

I'm missing sth important here... What is this visit to the US branch? And when was this?

CrazyDude

What about the localization delay? Since SMT 4 took just under 2 months... and this is Persona... maybe we can get it within 2 months of JPN release! Perhaps beating the time to localize P3/4.

Persona 3 was a year after it came out for Japan.

Persona 4 was half a year from Japans release.

They seem to be getting faster and faster.

Kanji is my favorite character alongside Teddie.

If I hadn't caught my mistake we would probably having the weirdest argument.

cj_iwakura

Releasing a fan translation to the public after working on it for a year is pretty great.
(Hopefully more than 80 people play this one.)

PK Gaming

What do you guys think are the best S.links outside of the main cast?

For me it's Akinari from 3.

P4 S.links
Strength(Kou & Daisuke):
-TWICE as many S.link scenes.
-Extremely fun from beginning to end.
-Does a good job at simulating what it's like to be on a sports team.
-Yu's friendship with Kou/Daisuke is genuinely great, arguably even better than some of the members of the investigation team (lol)

Hierophant(Dojima):
-You get to hang out with Dojima, enough said
-It makes you feel like your actually his son
-You appreciate Dojima more after he puts in the effort to change
-The events around the home are the best
-Dat rank 10
-UNLIMITED COFFEE WOO

Tower (Shu)
-Shu goes through a great growth in character.
-It genuinely makes you feel sympathy for Shu. Poor kid got saddled with the worst arcana :(
-The birthday event was great
-The s.link ending is sweet, albeit a little sad

Temperance
-Eri is a fantastic character. I initially wrote her off as a boring mom, but she actually has some depth.
-The game does a great job at making you feel sorry for her
-You really earn that happy ending. The way you encourage her feels genuine.
-Yuuta's still a bitch tho

(Massive P4 spoilers)
Jester
-Adachi-baby's social link sheds some light on his character. He puts on a happy go lucky facade, but if you pay attention you can a bit of his true nature. He's jaded and pessimistic, and totally ungrateful of the people around him.
-His S.link, while short lived is pretty fun and varied.
-DAT RANK 8. One of the best dam scenes in the entire game. Adachi's speech gave me chills.
-SOCIAL LINK WITH THE MAIN KILLER, WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED
-His social links make the confrontation / his defeat scenes soooo much better.

I'll do P3's later.

Completely unbelievable. I defy you to find a guy like Kenji who would pass up someone like Rio for a teacher he has 0 chance of landing. He doesn't even have a heavy fetish for older chicks (given the comment he makes about Yukari and Mitsuri) so his actions are completely unfounded and illogical.

His social link had the potential to be amazing (ie: he has a crush on a girl near his age range, and you have to help him cope with the fact he won't win her over). But instead they went with a stupid route, and his entire character is unbelievable and stupid as a result.

Squire

Banned
I'm missing sth important here... What is this visit to the US branch? And when was this?

Their PR manager John Hardin (atlusprime on GAF) tweeted a pic of a P3M poster a short while ago and said "Japan HQ [was] visiting".

We talked about it then and I thought if was strange they'd have employees coming over here with so much going on in Japan right now. My theory is they came because whatever they had to say, they didn't want to do it over a conference call. I think they came to brief them on something.

Now that the livestream stuff is happening, I think they came to tell them about that.

todd360

P4 S.links
Strength(Kou & Daisuke):
-TWICE as many S.link scenes.
-Extremely fun from beginning to end.
-Does a good job at simulating what it's like to be on a sports team.
-Yu's friendship with Kou/Daisuke is genuinely great, arguably even better than some of the members of the investigation team (lol)

Hierophant(Dojima):
-You get to hang out with Dojima, enough said
-It makes you feel like your actually his son
-You appreciate Dojima more after he puts in the effort to change
-The events around the home are the best
-Dat rank 10
-UNLIMITED COFFEE WOO

Tower (Shu)
-Shu goes through a great growth in character.
-It genuinely makes you feel sympathy for Shu. Poor kid got saddled with the worst arcana :(
-The birthday event was great
-The s.link ending is sweet, albeit a little sad

Temperance
-Eri is a fantastic character. I initially wrote her off as a boring mom, but she actually has some depth.
-The game does a great job at making you feel sorry for her
-You really earn that happy ending. The way you encourage her feels genuine.
-Yuuta's still a bitch tho

(Massive P4 spoilers)
Jester
-Adachi-baby's social link sheds some light on his character. He puts on a happy go lucky facade, but if you pay attention you can a bit of his true nature. He's jaded and pessimistic, and totally ungrateful of the people around him.
-His S.link, while short lived is pretty fun and varied.
-DAT RANK 8. One of the best dam scenes in the entire game. Adachi's speech gave me chills.
-SOCIAL LINK WITH THE MAIN KILLER, WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED
-His social links make the confrontation / his defeat scenes soooo much better.

I'll do P3's later.

Completely unbelievable. I defy you to find a guy like Kenji who would pass up someone like Rio for a teacher he has 0 chance of landing. He doesn't even have a heavy fetish for older chicks (given the comment he makes about Yukari and Mitsuri) so his actions are completely unfounded and illogical.

His social link had the potential to be amazing (ie: he has a crush on a girl near his age range, and you have to help him cope with the fact he won't win her over). But instead they went with a stupid route, and his entire character is unbelievable and stupid as a result.

*claps*

CrazyDude

Their PR manager John Hardin (atlusprime on GAF) tweeted a pic of a P3M poster a short while ago and said "Japan HQ [was] visiting".

We talked about it then and I thought if was strange they'd have employees coming over here with so much going on in Japan right now. My theory is they came because whatever they had to say, they didn't want to do it over a conference call. I think they came to brief them on something.

Now that the livestream stuff is happening, I think they came to tell them about that.

Atlus closing down, Persona 5 cancelled.

Emitan

To me, characters that no one has disagreements over probably aren't actually very great characters.

It's about believability. You don't like everyone you meet in real life, so the same should apply to good characters. I think people are nuts for thinking Yukiko is boring or whatever, but ultimately the fact that discourse comes up as often as it does only serves the argument that Yukiko is a great character.

I didn't mean to imply Yosuke is a bad character. I just don't like him. There's a difference!

I wouldn't necessarily read that much into it. Where I work we get corporate bigwigs flying in from HQ for site visits every so often, it's more of a "Hey! We realize you exist!" sort of thing than a sign of any big news.

If it was localization... Couldn't Japan hq just Skype them? Like why must there be a personal visit? What could it mean?

jaxword

vj5Fd61.jpg

MuufyFk.jpg

yiCWEQN.jpg

Ever looked up Persona 5 in deviantart? Like all DA, there's horrible and then there's stuff that is the level of professional and beyond. If someone told me so, I could believe that the sketch there is legitimately from design books. Some really talented fanwork out there.

fertygo

Everything's better in FeMC route, that's #truthfact.

Nah, that's childhood friend syndrome, sometime you just think your friend just as like your sister so you won't even consider the possibility.

Also you overlooking Kenji trying to hit the teacher is not because he want to find love anyway, he just trying to be "cool" like he some hot shit dating older women, that's inline with how he make comment to Yukari/Mitsuru, popular figure in the school.
Rio? She have no friend at her club at some point.

Sophia

Ever looked up Persona 5 in deviantart? Like all DA, there's horrible and then there's stuff that is the level of professional and beyond. If someone told me so, I could believe that the sketch there is legitimately from design books. Some really talented fanwork out there.

Uh. The first and last image ARE from a design book: Soejima's. They're not fan creations at all.

Caladrius

Uh. The first and last image ARE from a design book: Soejima's. They're not fan creations at all.

I was about to say #5 looks frighteningly authentic.

Dat Plagiarism.

Also I would like to point out that we have made over 500 posts in the past 24 hours. Dayum,

Sophia

I was about to say #5 looks frighteningly authentic.

Dat Plagiarism.

Yup. I don't know what the context of the last image is from, but the first one is from a mystery novel in Japan.

The remaining four images are amateur mockups that neither look like the real thing nor look like Atlus's own placeholder mockups. They're not even in the same style or train of thought as how Atlus does their menus. Really poor effort on the part of the creator.

Emitan

Yup. I don't know what the context of the last image is from, but the first one is from a mystery novel in Japan.

The remaining four images are amateur mockups that neither look like the real thing nor look like Atlus's own placeholder mockups. They're not even in the same style or train of thought as how Atlus does their menus. Really poor effort on the art of the creator.

Ugly font and everything blending into a green mess on my screen too!

Caladrius

The remaining four images are amateur mockups that neither look like the real thing nor look like Atlus's own placeholder mockups. They're not even in the same style or train of thought as how Atlus does their menus. Really poor effort on the part of the creator.

I wouldn't say poor effort so much as a superficial understanding of what ATLUS's design philosophy is. Ugly color aside, it's fairly proficient compared to someone like me who can't manage much more than hatchet jobs like this:

Our thirst is real.

Just imagine how fast this'll move once the announcement actually comes!

It'll be interesting to see how quickly this OT goes. We're going to be at the 1/8th mark by the end of tomorrow. Philemon knows what'll happen after Sunday.

Ugly font and everything blending into a green mess on my screen too!

Lime lamp poles everywhere!

Young Magus

Sup PersonaGAF, hows it going?

Nice to see that all the news has got everyone hyped, no one has made any stupid avatar bets yet have they?

What did I miss out it the latter half of the 2nd OT? I kinda dipped out. Was anything interesting/funny posted?

Also, besides Persona what has everyone been playing? I've been catching up with the Ace Attorney Series and Pokemon X.

pan-hime

so the stream will initiate in 6 hours or so. Since it's Nico Nico, you would likely get booted off their stream by a premium member.
So I'm gonna stream the stream for those unfortunate since I have Nico premium.

Gazoinks

Nice to see that all the news has got everyone hyped, no one has made any stupid avatar bets yet have they?

What did I miss out it the latter half of the 2nd OT? I kinda dipped out. Was anything interesting/funny posted?

Also, besides Persona what has everyone been playing? I've been catching up with the Ace Attorney Series and Pokemon X.

Funniest thing I remember was probably all those Tartarus Theater strips. Those're pretty great.

I think Caladrious started a bet, didn't he? Obviously we need more. :p

I've been playing King's Field 4 and Guacamelee, and I also just got the beta key for Planetary Annihilation.

so the stream will initiate in 6 hours or so. Since it's Nico Nico, you would likely get booted off their stream by a premium member.

That'll be nearly 5 am for me, so I can't participate, but thanks for the gesture!

CrazyDude

Just for comparisons sake, it took 22 day in the last thread to reach this many posts, while it took 4 days for this thread to reach the same amount of posts.

Caladrius

Long time no see!

The only notable thing that happened is that we talked a bit about Persona 3's development toward the end of the thread. It was nice. I need to get back to Y soon.

Yeah and you are number 2 poster in this thread.

I do like to talk a lot when I'm in good company.

We appreciate it. I think we might go completely insane otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom