• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since they brought in the past voice actors, I'm going to guess P5 will be some kind of P3 and P4 crossover. Not to mention the stream is just bringing hype to past games, and the midnight channel is brought back. Why would they have the midnight channel if the concept isn't in the new game?

kewlmyc

Because it's a perfect opportunity to respond with my new gif in this thread

TAvUFM9.gif

The white text makes it slightly hard to read.

Levito

Banned
Since they brought in the past voice actors, I'm going to guess P5 will be some kind of P3 and P4 crossover. Not to mention the stream is just bringing hype to past games, and the midnight channel is brought back. Why would they have the midnight channel if the concept isn't in the new game?

Crossover already happening in the form of Arena. I mean Labrys is in that countdown as well.

Though you could be right, not sure why the midnight channel is being brought up.

Though I think it's entirely possible that putting the P3/4 characters up there is solely for the sake of promotion. It also could be a red herring of sorts, like they're trying hard to not make it seem like it's not so obviously Persona 5.

Dantis

Gotta say, assuming this culminates in something worthwhile, this is the most fun countdown I've ever seen.

I'm actually really enjoying it. I think it's a great idea.

Gotta say, assuming this culminates in something worthwhile, this is the most fun countdown I've ever seen.

I'm actually really enjoying it. I think it's a great idea.

Yep I am super psyched. Its frustrating, but I will be watching that stream whenever I'm at a computer.

Tamanon

Banned
Aight, got the stream up, gotta say, it's pretty relaxing.

Well, except when seeing the chat overlay be a bunch of nonsense. Stupid Americans.

Kazzy

It's touching 3am here, so it figures that the stream suddenly sounds interesting. Why don't they think of the poor souls in Japan!

Anyway, have fun!

FluxWaveZ

Ah. thought there may have been an alternative to that link. Do you actually have to register to view the chat/countdown itself?

You have to register an account to view the stream. After event #14, the stream went off-air and is currently playing P3 music. The countdown is no longer there anymore and in its place is a test card.

Zebetite

Banned
This was my stream experience moments after tuning in.

98WRSvz.png

Never doubt the power that Mass Destruction has over a bunch of Persona nerds. :p

Gazoinks

Well, looks like I didn't really miss that much! The Midnight Channel stuff is clever, wonder what's going to happen tonight. Well tonight in Japan. Which is whatever in PST, I don't know.

CrazyDude

Well, looks like I didn't really miss that much! The Midnight Channel stuff is clever, wonder what's going to happen tonight. Well tonight in Japan. Which is whatever in PST, I don't know.

Night for them is early morning for us.

6 AM pacific time is 11 PM in Japan.

FluxWaveZ

So the actual countdown timer is going to be up at 6AM PST?

Sorry for being late with all this.

The countdown started 7 hours and 25 minutes ago at 6 AM EST. It started with a screen that said akin to "Things are starting soon, please wait", and 5 minutes later Nanako popped up and the countdown officially started.

Top left = Overall countdown until 8:00 PM JST on the 24th
Bottom right = Countdown until next event

There were 14 events total, most of them archived on MysticMage's Youtube account. Event #9 was an actual teaser for something, which occurred at 12:00 AM JST.

At around 12:15 PM, the stream went off-air and is playing P3 and P4 music until it resumes at an unknown time, possibly 8:00 PM JST again in about 17 hours.

Levito

Banned
Sorry, I was vague with that--I meant the Sunday reveal is supposed to happen at 6am on Sunday right?

Thanks though Flux, I didn't know all of that went down.

Levito

Banned
Yeah I ended up just Googling the timezone info. haha

3AM works better for me. Bunch of us should totes Skype up the final hour or so before the reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom