• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Gazoinks

Blah, I just realized I didn't rank Adachi's Link up to 6 in time so now I can't complete it. :| Guess I'll Youtube the rest later.

Acid08

Banned
I rather like Arena, I think some people are too hard on it, but I feel the same overdoing the characters thing has been happening SINCE right after P4, this includes P4G, P4A, and P4 The Animation.
And they're trying to do the same with P3 now. Doesn't feel as over-saturated though because its been so long since anything meaningful was done with those characters.

Sophia

Why is The Last Remnant still on there... at least the release window is accurate, lol.

There are no release dates on that list. I believe the numbers indication current/previous position.

And it's a user voted list, hence why Last Remnant is still on there.

There's no release dates on that list. I believe the numbers indication current/previous position.

And it's a user voted list, hence why Last Remnant is still on there.

21/21. [PS3] The Last Remnant (Square Enix, lolnever) – 159 votes

Aren't those release windows in the parentheses next to the developer? The "lolnever" is a pretty good indicator for when The Last Remnant for PS3 is coming.

Whoever the users are that voted for that really need to get it through their heads that it ain't happening, SE moved on.

Sophia

21/21. [PS3] The Last Remnant (Square Enix, lolnever) – 159 votes

Aren't those release windows in the parentheses next to the developer? The "lolnever" is a pretty good indicator for when The Last Remnant for PS3 is coming.

Whoever the users are that voted for that really need to get it through there heads that it ain't happening, SE moved on.

Whoops. You're right. I'm blind. Ignore me.

Dantis

Woah, actual factual news! :O

Surprised they've announced the Arrange OST so early.

EDIT: Just watched the new Q trailers. Music is AMAZING. Remixes of Corner of Memories and Memories of The City! Looked like there were clips of the opening in the P3 trailer, and it looks cheesy as hell. The battle track sounds amazing, particularly the P3 version.

Chances of importing a US 2DS just got a lot higher.

Jintor

Yeah... actually not a bad idea. Maybe I'll get a US 2DS for dat rune factory if some other non-PAL stuff turns up in future

Swedesu

Yeah... actually not a bad idea. Maybe I'll get a US 2DS for dat rune factory if some other non-PAL stuff turns up in future
Go for it. Games are a lot cheaper on the US eshop and are more frequently on sale. I've only bought and played games on my US 3DS since I got it while my old EU one is gathering dust lamenting over not being able to play SMT IV.

Caladrius

My subtitles for the Persona 4 side's trailer are done and up. This actually isn't looking to be as much work as I expected, so you can expect to see the Persona 3 one ready in a few hours after I get some food in me. Carry on!

Dammit why can't those background characters at the beginning become actual party members.

Persona 5: Florida

I can't wait to punch my fellow Floridians in the face.

Oh wait that's Persona 5 Arena.

Preorder cancelled.

Dantis

A year on, and Nintendo have finally released a Wii U game that justifies me purchasing their awful console (Referring to DKCRTF).

Cheers for subbing the trailers so quickly, Pepsiman. You're the bestest.

Trigger

My subtitles for the Persona 4 side's trailer are done and up. This actually isn't looking to be as much work as I expected, so you can expect to see the Persona 3 one ready in a few hours after I get some food in me. Carry on!

And the new Persona 3 crew trailer is done. Almost as if to offset the doubled workload, Atlus was kind of ensure everyone actually enunciated well so my gaijin brain could process what everyone was saying with ease. That's always nice.

You da man!

And the new Persona 3 crew trailer is done. Almost as if to offset the doubled workload, Atlus was kind of ensure everyone actually enunciated well so my gaijin brain could process what everyone was saying with ease. That's always nice.

As usual, thanks for the excellent translation and quick turnaround, Pepsiman! :D

I really enjoyed these trailers, especially the music. Oh man, when "Memories of the City" started playing at the end of the P3 one, I got legit shivers! I'm hoping that what some of us have guessed in the past - that this game won't end up as "canon" - is true, because it looks like they're really going all out with connecting the two casts as friends. Both trailers talk about the bonds they're forming, but with the events of Arena/Ultra Suplex Hold, I'd say PQ will have to end with some kind of memory-loss thing. Even still, getting to play as these characters again-- especially the P3 cast, is so awesome. I can't wait! :)

Also, Theo and Margaret were hilarious!

EDIT:

Yumi's version of the battle theme is better than Shihoko's.
Come at me. ;P

Caladrius

A year on, and Nintendo have finally released a Wii U game that justifies me purchasing their awful console (Referring to DKCRTF).

You misspelled Mario 3D World, but you being the only other person here playing Fucking Donkey Kong gets you a free pass.

Necrovex

Cheers for subbing the trailers so quickly, Pepsiman. You're the bestest.

I only have to wait for a few more hours to play the magical Tropical Freeze. And hey wait! Mario 3D World was one of the best games last year, you heathen.

Time to watch these trailers.

Lunar15

You misspelled Mario 3D world, but you being the only other person here playing Fucking Donkey Kong gets you a free pass.

Don't forget about Pikmin 3! I'd say W101, but I know in my heart of hearts Dantis wouldn't like that very much.

I'll be playing fucking donkey kong tonight, though. can't wait.

Anywho, those PQ trailers are great. The game sounds wacky and silly, but in the best way possible. I died during the part with Margaret and Theo. Needs more Liz, though.

Necrovex

Just watched those groovy Persona Q trailers. First time actually watching anything involving that game. Hype is rising due to the kick-ass OST. I may buy it just for the soundtrack. Everyone embrace Marie!

It also reminded me that I must finish P3P.

Don't forget about Pikmin 3! I'd say W101, but I know in my heart of hearts Dantis wouldn't like that very much.

I'll be playing fucking donkey kong tonight, though. can't wait.

Anywho, those PQ trailers are great. The game sounds wacky and silly, but in the best way possible. I died during the part with Margaret and Theo. Needs more Liz, though.

I also need to finish Pikmin 3. It's such a fantastic title.

My urge in picking up Lightening Returns just increased due to this picture:

lightning_returns_final_fantasy_13_ps3_xbox_360_1.jpg

Dantis

As usual, thanks for the excellent translation and quick turnaround, Pepsiman! :D

I really enjoyed these trailers, especially the music. Oh man, when "Memories of the City" started playing at the end of the P3 one, I got legit shivers! I'm hoping that what some of us have guessed in the past - that this game won't end up as "canon" - is true, because it looks like they're really going all out with connecting the two casts as friends. Both trailers talk about the bonds they're forming, but with the events of Arena/Ultra Suplex Hold, I'd say PQ will have to end with some kind of memory-loss thing. Even still, getting to play as these characters again-- especially the P3 cast, is so awesome. I can't wait! :)

Also, Theo and Margaret were hilarious!

EDIT:

Yumi's version of the battle theme is better than Shihoko's.
Come at me. ;P

Yumi's version is miles better for sure.

You misspelled Mario 3D World, but you being the only other person here playing Fucking Donkey Kong gets you a free pass.

3D World was cool, but that's all. By the time I got to the end, I was so ready to be done with it. The idea of going through the remix levels was not very appealing. Donkey Kong is bloody wonderful. Best soundtrack I've heard in years (Probably since Catherine, tbh).

Just watched those groovy Persona Q trailers. First time actually watching anything involving that game. Hype is rising due to the kick-ass OST. I may buy it just for the soundtrack. Everyone embrace Marie!
I'm definitely buying the OST as soon as it's up for preorder. Gotta get that first edition with a sticker and colour disc!

arue

Thanks for the subs Pepsiman! My hype level goes up by 100% every time a non-character trailer comes up. I just love hearing Minato and Yu's voices. Hopefully PQ will get localized this year!

I am glad to see we're all in agreement on the battle themes.

Even though I love Yumi's works in P3 more than Shihoko's in P4, I like P4's theme better because the chorus sounds more catchy.
Please don't hate me :(

Caladrius

Pikmin 3 is also pretty nice. As somebody who prefers 2 over 1 it didn't click with me as much, but I appreciate the lengths they went to to try and make something highly replayable.

Yumi's version is miles better for sure.

3D World was cool, but that's all. By the time I got to the end, I was so ready to be done with it. The idea of going through the remix levels was not very appealing. Donkey Kong is bloody wonderful. Best soundtrack I've heard in years (Probably since Catherine, tbh).

If a David Wise soundtrack wasn't stellar it would be a sure sign that hell is bubbling up from the earth.

The Special worlds were actually my favorite part of the game, though I'm a sucker for punishment so eh.

Pepsiman is too good to us.

We are not worthy.

Meia

To be fair, it's hard to be into P4D because there's been like no info about it. They've done a masterful job of hyping the hell out of PQ, and once it's closer to being out or out they'll probably give P4D the same treatment.

...it's going to be really odd to see Atlus hyping up two or three different Persona releases at the same time...

cjkeats

You're more into this than Dancing All Night?

Dancing All Night is going to be a ton of fun as well. Absolutely more fun on a gameplay front than PQ, but PQ his doing something I love more. Taking two sets of characters I love and putting them together for some dumb goofy fun in a way that's much much much more appealing than Arena.
PQ is looking to be the best fan service in the series since the school trip in P4.

And all the music we've heard so far is superb.

Dantis

Dancing All Night is going to be a ton of fun as well. Absolutely more fun on a gameplay front than PQ, but PQ his doing something I love more. Taking two sets of characters I love and putting them together for some dumb goofy fun in a way that's much much much more appealing than Arena.
PQ is looking to be the best fan service in the series since the school trip in P4.

Valid points.

Who isn't? DAN has virtually no info and this is an oldschool RPG fan's wild dream.

I was just thinking that when Dancing All Night was shown, the first thing I thought was "Man, Keats is going to be all over this shit.".

Necrovex

I'm definitely buying the OST as soon as it's up for preorder. Gotta get that first edition with a sticker and colour disc!

You truly have no soul.

Reminds me that I need to set up Reach out to the Truth as my ringtone again.

I can't wait to punch my fellow Floridians in the face.

Oh...ok. :-(

Watch PQ become something super serious instead of being all cheeky and cheesy.

cjkeats

Valid points.
I was just thinking that when Dancing All Night was shown, the first thing I thought was "Man, Keats is going to be all over this shit.".

Now don't get me wrong, when Dancing All Night comes out I'll take the week off work and be camped out in front of EB Games before they open with bells on.

I'll probably do the same with PQ too though.

Watch PQ become something super serious instead of being all cheeky and cheesy.

If I could find it, I'd post that image of Mitsuru holding the tiny Akihiko and Shinjiro and say "totally super serious"

arue

Oh man those Persona Q trailers. This game is going to be my favourite game ever, just watch.

This is true for me too. Probably the only 3DS game I will ever pre-order. I have no plans to get a Vita, so I can't say the same for P4D. Besides, I am not really into rhythm games.

TOO. LATE.

Dantis-senpai pls don't hate me. I'll draw Naoto one day to appease your anger :p

Marche90

Finally got around to watch the new trailers.

HYPE!

Seriously, those new trailers were the best. Can't wait until Atlus announces this for NA. The wait it's going to be looooong...

Lunar15

I just want Q to hurry up so we start getting some P4D trailers!

are we talking MILF's or GILF's?

Let me put it this way: One of the dungeons in P5 is a gym with creepy old men in it.

Side note: It always blows my mind that JoJo's Stone Ocean took place in Port St. Lucie, which is like 15 minutes away from where I live. It's the most fucking random location in the world to set a manga.

Dantis

Now don't get me wrong, when Dancing All Night comes out I'll take the week off work and be camped out in front of EB Games before they open with bells on.

I'll probably do the same with PQ too though.

My concern with both Dancing All Night and Q is that I don't know how well the actual gameplay will last for me. I can imagine both getting repetitive reasonably quickly.

Dantis-senpai pls don't hate me. I'll draw Naoto one day to appease your anger :p

LOL.

I see you've been reading PersonaGAF's lies.

I just want Q to hurry up so we start getting some P4D trailers!

I really want to see more of it too.

pariah164

Both Dancing All Night and Q are day one buys for me. I am a Project Diva player, so DAN touches me in many happy places. As for Q, the art is too fucking adorable for me to ever resist.

Protag

Banned
Saw the new trailer for PQ, cannot wait, looks like so much fun, and actually good fanservice if there ever was such a thing.

Top Bottom