• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

fertygo

I don't know about the old games, but I don't think Hashino has ever mentioned Jojo.

That's like saying Lady Gaga need to mentioning he influenced by Madonna or Michael Jackson though (serious).

JoJo is franchise with cult following and big trendsetter for anime/game culture in japan. Probably even bigger than such like DBZ. While the series itself copying some older stuff its also introducing load of new trope that still popular even now, resulting you can almost tell all trope that Japan love with just looking to the series.

Edit Kaneko sure well-versed about Jojo though
http://www.atlusnet.jp/topic/detail/549
He talking about the infamous 911 prophecy in JoJo manga that written in early 90's and other creepy coincidence (non Jojo)

ajim

Neato thing time:

tumblr_n19zggik6f1sp5a6ko5_500.gif

tumblr_n19zggik6f1sp5a6ko1_250.gif
tumblr_n19zggik6f1sp5a6ko2_250.gif

tumblr_n19zggik6f1sp5a6ko3_250.gif
tumblr_n19zggik6f1sp5a6ko8_250.gif

tumblr_n19zggik6f1sp5a6ko4_250.gif
tumblr_n19zggik6f1sp5a6ko7_250.gif
tumblr_n19zggik6f1sp5a6ko6_250.gif

Both P4 screens are definitely the best, but I think I'm slightly leaning towards P4 over P4G.

Both sexy as fuck tho!!

FluxWaveZ

User on another website notified me, in relation to that Amanda Winn-Lee thing earlier this week, that they asked Troy Baker, via a Reddit AMA, whether he has any Persona games on the horizon:

2603540-troyama.jpg

Simplest reasoning would be that he's being coy and either evading the content of the question by making a facetious remark on its strict wording (the question's relatively vague, so saying "not that I know of" could mean a few things) or he's straight up lying.

If it's neither of those and he's being genuine, then that could imply some interesting things. Not sure how this VA contracting or whatever business works, but I'd imagine that major voice actors would pretty much all be in on it around the same time, even if some of them haven't actually started providing the voice yet.

FluxWaveZ

PQ not being localized confirmed

Or

No English VA in PQ confirmed

Well, that doesn't really explain Amanda Winn-Lee's Facebook comment. Some alternatives:

1. Yukiko's VA was lying.
2. Yukiko's VA is working on a Persona project that doesn't involve Kanji.
3. Troy Baker as Kanji is getting replaced.
4. Kanji in an upcoming Persona game will just used recycled VA.

Could mean anything, practically.

CorvoSol

Man I hope it doesn't mean Troy's getting replaced. His replacement in P4 The Animation is really off. Not as horrible as Margaret's replacement in that one scene in P4G, but still really off.

Acid08

Banned
I was joking but yeah, too early to tell really. I doubt he would be allowed to say anything before an official announcement.

Gazoinks

That's like saying Lady Gaga need to mentioning he influenced by Madonna or Michael Jackson though (serious).

JoJo is franchise with cult following and big trendsetter for anime/game culture in japan. Probably even bigger than such like DBZ. While the series itself copying some older stuff its also introducing load of new trope that still popular even now, resulting you can almost tell all trope that Japan love with just looking to the series.

Edit Kaneko sure well-versed about Jojo though
http://www.atlusnet.jp/topic/detail/549
He talking about the infamous 911 prophecy in JoJo manga that written in early 90's and other creepy coincidence (non Jojo)

Yeah, I think people in the west tend to underestimate the influence of Jojo since, unlike the other big shonens, it's mostly been unlocalized. I'm pretty sure I read a quote at some point talking about inspiration, but right now all I can find is a vague mention on TVTropes. I would be surprised if there was absolutely no inspiration there, though.

Sophia

Well, that doesn't really explain Amanda Winn-Lee's Facebook comment. Some alternatives:

1. Yukiko's VA was lying.
2. Yukiko's VA is working on a Persona project that doesn't involve Kanji.

3. Troy Baker as Kanji is getting replaced.
4. Kanji in an upcoming Persona game will just used recycled VA.

Could mean anything, practically.

omg buddha persona 2 eternal punishment portal being localized!!!!!

Or not. >.>

CorvoSol

Personally, I think he represents the desire for stasis in a comfortable situation

I can see that. What little of his character is concrete is that
Mom and Dad dumped him at his Uncle's house, bunked up his social life doing so, and vanished into the ether.

CorvoSol

The version where you skip directly to 2.

But people told me that 1 is closely related to 2. Plus, I don't want it to be like in 4 where I kept spoiling stuff on accident in 3 by virtue of playing 4.

Friggin' Margaret, I KNOW that's a big spoiler. I just KNOW it is.

Necrovex

But people told me that 1 is closely related to 2. Plus, I don't want it to be like in 4 where I kept spoiling stuff on accident in 3 by virtue of playing 4.

Igor is a pimp; no one can deny his big "nose."

CorvoSol

Oh, I may have misinterpret your spoiler tag comment.

I assumed you were referring to Igor having a new assistant in 4 and not keeping his other attractive female assistant in 3.

No I was referring to
Margaret telling me a story about why Elizabeth isn't in the Velvet Room anymore.

PK Gaming

They're loosely related

Concepts like Philemon and the Persona game are common to both games, and a few characters from 1 show up in 2, but it's not like you miss out on anything major by skipping to 2. In fact I went backwards (P4 --> P1) and I retroactively enjoyed the P1 characters from their appearance in P2.

The choice comes down to gameplay (P1) or story (P2)

Taruranto

What they didn't tell you it's that P1 also kinda sucks. :<

Necrovex

No I was referring to
Margaret telling me a story about why Elizabeth isn't in the Velvet Room anymore.

Oh man, I have *no* recollection of that story. I didn't actually know there was a reason. I thought Igor switched his assistants out on whims.

CorvoSol

Kay. I beat P4 twice and watched the whole anime. No excuse left to put off playing through P3 now, I guess. I dunno if it's just cuz I'm stuck playing P3P or what, but game still hasn't clicked with me the way P4 did yet.

Acid08

Banned
Kay. I beat P4 twice and watched the whole anime. No excuse left to put off playing through P3 now, I guess. I dunno if it's just cuz I'm stuck playing P3P or what, but game still hasn't clicked with me the way P4 did yet.
Sounds like you just really like the P4 cast. It's totally understandable. P3P is also crap for a first playthrough though. Especially after Golden which didn't have to make any sacrifices to be on a handheld.

Gazoinks

Play P3 and you get to sit around waiting impatiently for the spin-offs like the rest of us!

P3P's presentation is definitely an issue, although I don't mind it as much as some. I also think P3 has some pacing issues, which might be making it harder to click. Or maybe P4 just clicks more! :p It did for me. Actually, between 3 and 4 it seems like people almost always prefer the first one they played.

Top Bottom