• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Sophia

Discussing Danganronpa spoilers in my Persona thread?

ZXr1SON.png

I'll have ta put da kibosh on that...

Meia

It really doesn't matter how much of a spoiler YOU think it is. Do you understand that because of that(which was "spoiled" for me in IRC a week ago after I ranted about spoilers in general), and then starting the game it's completely altered all of my interactions with her? If the game is purposely leaving something out, who is anyone to just throw it back in with ass comments? :|

Jintor

Even minor things can be spoilers, ESPECIALLY in dangan ronpa where part of the tension is who's going to die next. Stuff like character presence in future cases can be crucial, for instance, [spoilers!]
a simple mention that Feep's character was annoying in Case 4 meant I didn't have to really worry about him as a suspect or as a victim in all previous cases

So basically, please shut your goddamn pieholes.

Sophia

Okay everyone. No more Danganronpa talk. At all. Period. You're all obviously incapable of of talking about it without accidentally spoiling something, and quite frankly I'm tired of hearing people getting spoiled.

If you want to discuss Danganronpa, take it here to the official thread. But please, no more of it here.

kewlmyc

I guess this is what happens when two fanbases overlap so heavily like this.

Let's talk about why Atlus is taking their sweet ass time announcing ANYTHING Persona related.

FluxWaveZ

Let's talk about why Atlus is taking their sweet ass time announcing ANYTHING Persona related.

But volume 3 of the P4A manga was just announced today for March 1 and the official Persona talk show was announced on Friday.

Sophia

It's over now. Princess Sophia has laid down her laws. No more tears.

Ha. My "law" is hardly worth anything. But it was getting pretty ridiculous in here. Seems like every week someone was getting spoiled. Which is just silly and shouldn't be happening. :p

My bad, Atlus USA.

Didn't know about the talk show though.

I wonder what Atlus USA is up. They've been pretty silent regarding Megami Tensei and Persona since the big announcement haven't they?

Squire

Banned
Slow your roll, Sophia, please. We have mods and mothers already. No need for extra.

You made your point.
We respect it.
Make like an iceberg and chill.

kewlmyc

Ha. My "law" is hardly worth anything. But it was getting pretty ridiculous in here. Seems like every week someone was getting spoiled. Which is just silly and shouldn't be happening. :p

I wonder what Atlus USA is up. They've been pretty silent regarding Megami Tensei and Persona since the big announcement haven't they?

It's shocking really. 4 game announcements of their biggest franchise, and Atlus USA has said nothing in about 4 months. Conception 2 better be the greatest thing ever.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Speaking of games we haven't heard shit about, what the hell happened to Devil Survivor 2 Break Record? (Not persona but still).

If things get bad again we can always get Kagari or Aeana to make some rounds by pointing them this way. I know I've been staying out of the thread because of the danganronpa talk
That and I resubbed to FFXIV and mmos tend to consume me

Acid08

Banned
It's shocking really. 4 game announcements of their biggest franchise, and Atlus USA has said nothing in about 4 months. Conception 2 better be the greatest thing ever.
Idk, doesn't seem all that shocking considering how far away most of the games are.

Meia

Idk, doesn't seem all that shocking considering how far away most of the games are.

The only one that bugs me is Persona Q. That date seems pretty set in stone, and probably has been for awhile. Unless the game itself is very early on in development, and I'm not sure that's the case...

Caladrius

Conception 2 is actually Persona 6.

...don't even remind me of that. Development hell I guess, which is odd because it seems like a rather simple port.

They said something about QA issues. Considering the length of time it's been since we've heard anything I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing a total rewrite of the new scenario.

FluxWaveZ

...don't even remind me of that. Development hell I guess, which is odd because it seems like a rather simple port.

I wouldn't call it shocking at all. What would be shocking is if the games actually had been announced for localization already since that's not how they roll.

Sophia

Well, hopefully no news is good news. At the very least I bet we'll hear about Persona Q soon.

If things get bad again we can always get Kagari or Aeana to make some rounds by pointing them this way. I know I've been staying out of the thread because of the danganronpa talk
That and I resubbed to FFXIV and mmos tend to consume me

Ha. FFXIV has been consuming my life too. My post count has dropped dramatically in every thread that isn't FFXIV related.

kewlmyc

I wouldn't call it shocking at all. What would be shocking is if the games actually had been announced for localization already since that's not how they roll.

Wasn't SMTIV announced not that far behind the Japanese announcement? 3-4 months? Same with Catherine and P4A?

They like to watch us go insane over figuring out what will be in the new games. Both on the Japan and English side.

cj_iwakura

That GDW user is hope incarnate

Like I said earlier, I hope he's up to the task

Here's the golden rule of fan translations: anything is possible, given time and effort.

It will happen. The only question is when. I've volunteered to help, too. Hell, I won't let it happen WITHOUT me.

Wasn't SMTIV announced not that far behind the Japanese announcement? 3-4 months? Same with Catherine and P4A?

SMT IV was announced in May 2012 for Japan and April 2013 for North America. Catherine was announced a few days after the Japanese release, and P4A's localization was hinted at shortly after the Japanese console release was announced.

SMT IV from what I remember was announced around in May or June of 2012, we didn't get a localization announcement until like a month before the Japanese release. Which was April of 2013

kewlmyc

SMT IV was announced in May 2012 for Japan and April 2013 for North America. Catherine was announced a few days after the Japanese release, and P4A's localization was hinted at shortly after the Japanese console release was announced.

SMT IV from what I remember was announced around in May or June of 2012, we didn't get a localization announcement until like a month before the Japanese release. Which was April of 2013

Catherine was announced after the game came out in Japan.

Oh, my mistake then. Never been a patient one.

They said something about QA issues. Considering the length of time it's been since we've heard anything I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing a total rewrite of the new scenario.

I have a theory as to maybe why it's been delayed beyond having QA issues.

I think another reason why they may of done this is to space themselves as far away from the Anime adaptation of Devil Survivor 2 as possible, because let's face the anime did not do too hot in terms of ratings in Japan and it being a not very good anime adaptation of the game didn't help either. I bet ATLUS realized that the anime was not doing too well, because the game was to be released during the latter end or a little bit after the anime was completed, and decided to rework the new scenario and other improvements to the game. That's why I'm thinking that their holding off on releasing the game.

cj_iwakura

I have a theory as to maybe why it's been delayed beyond having QA issues.

I think another reason why they may of done this is to space themselves as far away from the Anime adaptation of Devil Survivor 2 as possible, because let's face the anime did not do too hot in terms of ratings in Japan and it being a not very good anime adaptation of the game didn't help either. I bet ATLUS realized that the anime was not doing too well, because the game was to be released during the latter end or a little bit after the anime was completed, and decided to rework the new scenario and other improvements to the game. That's why I'm thinking that their holding off on releasing the game.

That's sad, because I legitimately liked Devil Survivor 2's adaptation. They did a great job at everything, especially the demons interacting with people. That's what separates an SMT game from Persona(3/4 anyway); demons have personalities.

PK Gaming

0_o

Did we watch the same anime? The demons (for the most part) didn't say a single word; it was all grunts.

They completely butchered Trumpeter, Lugh, Shiva and Mama.

That's sad, because I legitimately liked Devil Survivor 2's adaptation. They did a great job at everything, especially the demons interacting with people. That's what separates an SMT game from Persona(3/4 anyway); demons have personalities.

I thought it had potential, then about half way through, it just gets dumb. First half wasn't that bad ,and it was really interesting seeing a huge demon vs devil summoner war. I HATE that they made so many demons feral though. I HATED the butchering of characters like the MC (Bunny) and Io.

kewlmyc

I like how the final fight was literally a hug.

cj_iwakura

0_o

Did we watch the same anime? The demons (for the most part) didn't say a single word; it was all grunts.

They completely butchered Trumpeter, Lugh, Shiva and Mama.

I was thinking specifically of the scene with (the candelabra demon). They dropped the ball on some things, like Shiva and Trumpeter, but the core was there.

Great OP/ED music, too.

FluxWaveZ

Oh, my mistake then. Never been a patient one.

Yep, it's just like those above me said. Here's some of the Word doc. of some data I had compiled in the past (apologies if it isn't clear):

This is why I've been betting on a May 2014 localization announcement for Persona Q. If it's a near simultaneous release for P4U2, I would expect an April 2014 localization announcement for that game.

These are further away, but my guess for a P4D localization announcement would be August and, Persona 5, October.

I was hoping that it'd be earlier and there was that singular moment when it seemed like it was a possibility when people here were anticipating an upcoming announcement because of that tweet that the CEO of Atlus USA or something was in the office, but oh well. When I attempt to pinpoint specific dates on things, I'm usually wrong anyways, so maybe things will happen differently.

cj_iwakura

I have a strong feeling they're shooting for simultaneous on P5. The rest is flexible, but I think they're going big for the 5.

FluxWaveZ

I have a strong feeling they're shooting for simultaneous on P5. The rest is flexible, but I think they're going big for the 5.

I feel that that's just wishful thinking.

Their 2014 schedule seems to just be Daylight and Conception II (both releasing in April) with Tex Murphy supposed to release sometime in Q1 2014, so I would think the rest of their projects would be set in stone as the Persona games unless something weird happened.

A simultaneous NA release that would also be a quality localization, I feel, would require some of the other games to be pushed aside, or delayed, to prioritize Persona 5. Like you say, that might be what they're doing with the other games being flexible, but I don't know...

P-Studio is almost certainly not done (maybe not even anywhere close) with the voice acting for Persona 5 and, I'm not sure how this works, but I would feel that Atlus USA would either: have to wait for the VA to be done entirely before proceeding with their own for the game or work very closely with the Japanese studio in a combined effort to get the game released globally. Heck, maybe they'd need to wait for the entire game to be done to proceed with its localization.

The latter would be the smart* thing to do, but I feel that both studios are operating kind of separate from each other. At least, there's nothing to indicate otherwise for outside observers.

*By "smart", I mean that I'm sure everyone involved, including the fans, would love a simultaneous release of the game in NA and in Japan. Would probably result in overall more initial sales, more hype, more everything.

Squire

Banned
I've thought for a while that P4D could be pushed into 2015, so P5 can come out here simultaneously or within three months of it's JP release. Obviously it's a higher priority for a multitude of reasons.

Simultaneous release?

I can't see it.

Most people couldn't see it for SMTIV, but the wait was so short, it basically happened.

Top Bottom