• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Marche90

That's a normal reaction. Just prepare for more sadness since the next game isn't coming out till most likely next year.

Could be worse. Like those of us who bought the vanilla version back in '08

:(

Oh hell yes

We're all about the self-improvement, so the more the merrier!

Nice

With that said, how about playing some P4A tonight? Just agree on an hour and let's try to be there at that time.

Lemstar

I've been trying to sell a share of P4A for $2.50 for weeks now and no one in here's bit.

BibleThump.jpg

Dantis

Fair enough.

Dantis, last night I was talking about how PGaf should have like, weekly "we all draw this character doin whatever we want" weeks or something. Like this week could be Akihiko Week (I've been waiting for this week) and next week could be a different character. What do you think?

Cool idea. I'd be down for it, but weekly is way too often (For me, at least). I'd participate in it now and again though.

Like I say, cool idea. Might be interesting if you make it more like a scenario? So "Akihiko dressed as 'x'' or 'Akihiko doing 'x''.

Why don't any of the characters in Persona 4 celebrate their birthdays? I mean, if the MegaTen Wiki is right, they do have birthdays. Some of them you miss completely (Rise and Naoto's, Kanji's is missed in the original version), but I feel Yosuke at least would be the kind of guy who would make a big deal of his own birthday. Maybe that's just me.

Dantis

Why don't any of the characters in Persona 4 celebrate their birthdays? I mean, if the MegaTen Wiki is right, they do have birthdays. Some of them you miss completely (Rise and Naoto's, Kanji's is missed in the original version), but I feel Yosuke at least would be the kind of guy who would make a big deal of his own birthday. Maybe that's just me.

The birthdays were only added in the Persona 4 Fan Book, I believe, but they've since been considered canonical.

As for why they're not in Golden, it's anybody's guess.

arue

PGaf should have like, weekly "we all draw this character doin whatever we want" weeks or something. Like this week could be Akihiko Week (I've been waiting for this week) and next week could be a different character.

Can I join too? I don't draw that often anymore, but I guess a little sketch per week (or whatever interval it may happen) won't hurt.

I just noticed that too. The only birthday ever happened in the game was for the Tower SLink kid. I hope in P5 we get to celebrate MC and his/her friends' birthdays. If they do, I hope it takes up all evening or doesn't take any time at all (like Elizabeth dates) so it won't mess up my schedule.

Gazoinks

The birthdays were only added in the Persona 4 Fan Book, I believe, but they've since been considered canonical.

I'm guessing they just didn't want to tinker with the S.Link timing anymore than they already did.

Acid08

Banned

Is the fan book different from the Design Works? Because they're in the Design Works.

CorvoSol

So Skybladecloud, the guy who is spear-heading the Final Fantasy Type-0 translation project has begun hmmming and haaaing over what his next translation project should be when this one was done. One of the one's he's considering is P2EP or whatever.

Squire

Banned
So Skybladecloud, the guy who is spear-heading the Final Fantasy Type-0 translation project has begun hmmming and haaaing over what his next translation project should be when this one was done. One of the one's he's considering is P2EP or whatever.

He must be or have one hell of a programmer then.

PK Gaming

Oh snap!

I wonder if he's up to the challenge. Apparently Satan himself came up with the game's code.

Gazoinks

Now that is a brave challenge. Hope he goes for it.

Squire

Banned
It's just one thar's been suggested is all. He's not done with type 0 yet.

Oh yeah, I got that. He'll probably settle on something else, anyway. The effort involved in doing EP is probably work most people would need to be paid to do and I think that's fair.

Oh yeah, I got that. He'll probably settle on something else, anyway. The effort involved in doing EP is probably work most people would need to be paid to do and I think that's fair.

I kind of agree with this. Maybe if the dude was a fan of Persona, the work could be less arduous cuz...well you are a fan, but if you aren't, maybe its not worth trying, yeah? Worth going for something more people would appreciate and wouldn't take as much of a monumental effort. Because as much as I want it,and would appreciate it, I am one of a few, there are plenty of games out there that I think more people are looking forward to having translated and maybe the code is easier.

Squire

Banned
I kind of agree with this. Maybe if the dude was a fan of Persona, the work could be less arduous cuz...well you are a fan, but if you aren't, maybe its not worth trying, yeah? Worth going for something more people would appreciate and wouldn't take as much of a monumental effort. Because as much as I want it,and would appreciate it, I am one of a few, there are plenty of games out there that I think more people are looking forward to having translated and maybe the code is easier.

The coding is the kicker for me. If it was just a straight up translation then fine, but anyone who does EP has to do that and fix a programming hack job. That's a taller order than what I would consider fair for something that's ultimately going to be free.

Isn't most of it translated already?

The coding is the kicker for me. If it was just a straight up translation then fine, but anyone who does EP has to do that and fix a programming hack job. That's a taller order than what I would consider fair for something that's ultimately going to be free.

If he wants to go through with it, maybe the dude should take donations, but EPP is such a niche game, I doubt that would even cover it

cj_iwakura

I think he was talking about EP, which is true. The PS1 translation is a bit clunky and would need some name changes, but would be perfectly fine for dumping into a hypothetical EPP translation.

We'd just need to update the Lunarvaleisms and... all... those... ellipses... mostly.

Top Bottom