• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Dantis

We can't get intimate until Persona 5 is out.

Don't cheat on Rise, Smedwicks!

This was a cutscene in p3fes. I don't care about this scene at all but there will be many times when you ask "should this be a cutscene?" And I replay "it was in p3fes"

Also Dantis you poop Igor is an awesome design

I don't dislike his design, but I think it's not good. It doesn't bother me, like, but if somebody asked if I thought it was a good design I'd say no.

Don't cheat on Rise, Smedwicks!

I don't dislike his design, but I think it's not good. It doesn't bother me, like, but if somebody asked if I thought it was a good design I'd say no.

Fair enough.

Dantis, last night I was talking about how PGaf should have like, weekly "we all draw this character doin whatever we want" weeks or something. Like this week could be Akihiko Week (I've been waiting for this week) and next week could be a different character. What do you think?

Sophia

Hey guys whats going on in this thre-

Real talk: Igor has a pretty rubbish design, particularly Kaneko's version

GET OUT.

IgorP2IS.png

CorvoSol

This was a cutscene in p3fes. I don't care about this scene at all but there will be many times when you ask "should this be a cutscene?" And I replay "it was in p3fes"

Also Dantis you poop Igor is an awesome design

So did they cut all of this stuff because the PSP couldn't handle it or what?

CorvoSol

So if
Makoto and Yukari wound up "prepping" in one room in the love hotel
, did the same happen to Mitsuru and Junpei? Cuz her jittery behavior after we met up again would indicate yes, but I can't see Junpei as the kind of guy who wouldn't tell his good bro Makoto all about that.

Then again, Makoto and Junpei don't feel very close at all. Junpei and that really quiet girl with the pony tail seem pretty close, though.

Gazoinks

So if
Makoto and Yukari wound up "prepping" in one room in the love hotel
, did the same happen to Mitsuru and Junpei? Cuz her jittery behavior after we met up again would indicate yes, but I can't see Junpei as the kind of guy who wouldn't tell his good bro Makoto all about that.

Then again, Makoto and Junpei don't feel very close at all. Junpei and that really quiet girl with the pony tail seem pretty close, though.

I think it's implied it was Mitsuru and Akihiko, isn't it?

Gazoinks

I didn't bring Akihiko into the dungeon with me, so that wouldn't make any sense. Although I still think Akihiko and Mitsuru have more chemistry than Junpei and Mitsuru.

Oh, it must just be whatever other person you brought into the dungeon, then. My memory of that part's hazy, haven't got up to there in P3P yet. Mitsuru and Aki definitely have more chemistry, although the idea of Junpei and Mitsuru getting together is just hilarious enough to work.

CorvoSol

Oh, it must just be whatever other person you brought into the dungeon, then. My memory of that part's hazy, haven't got up to there in P3P yet. Mitsuru and Aki definitely have more chemistry, although the idea of Junpei and Mitsuru getting together is just hilarious enough to work.

It definitely explains why she was so flustered. Junpei's silence is likely because she threatened him somehow.

Wait. What would've happened if I'd brought both Junpei AND Akihiko in?

CorvoSol

Akihiko takes priority over Junpei, in that case.

Nonono. See, in the dungeon you MUST take Yukari. She forces her way in, so the Makoto Yukari scene plays out how it wants. But the game lets you pick your other two party members.

So if I take Akihiko and Junpei . . .

Yeah, I was curious, because when you ask Mitsuru and whoever you picked what happened Mitsuru is rather insistent that nothing happened, so I was wondering the same thing.

Squire

Banned
You guys still get together for P4A, right? I think I'm gonna grab a digital copy off PSN tomorrow. I've had a big hankering to play lately, anyway.

fertygo

Persona 3 I'm guessing that
the shower scene in the love hotel
would've been a cutscene instead of just weird stills of chins and elbows? Okay. Also interesting to know that
Yu and friends will be here several years later
. Should be interesting to see how this scene plays out as FeMC. Also: the only thing I REALLY wish P3P had was a "skip scene" function for those Full Moons where you game over. Loooooooooooooooooooot of talking just to get back to a boss fight.

IIRC you can hold triangle for speed texting.

Sophia

Nonono. See, in the dungeon you MUST take Yukari. She forces her way in, so the Makoto Yukari scene plays out how it wants. But the game lets you pick your other two party members.

So if I take Akihiko and Junpei . . .

Right. If you take both Akihiko and and Junpei, the scene plays out with Akihiko. Junpei ends up with Mitsuru or whatever.

Sophia

Wait, i don't understand what you mean.

Sorry, misunderstood. Thought you were talking about the female protagonist route, but you were actually talking about what happens to the other party members in the male route.

In the manga adaptation
the other scene is Akihiko and Junpei together, and it's hilarious.

PK Gaming

You guys still get together for P4A, right? I think I'm gonna grab a digital copy off PSN tomorrow. I've had a big hankering to play lately, anyway.

Damn straight!

We play on a semi regular basis, so feel to drop on by whenever.

That said, you should probably focus on learning the bare basics of your favorite P4A character before playing with us.

Necrovex

All this manga talk makes me wonder if it is actually worth reading through the Persona manga.

Also, Persona-Gaf, you are delightfully invited to my birthday get-together in St. Petersburg to raise your social link with me. ;-D

Squire

Banned
Damn straight!

We play on a semi regular basis, so feel to drop on by whenever.

That said, you should probably focus on learning the bare basics of your favorite P4A character before playing with us.

Oh, I already play! Yukiko is my main and I play Yu a little as well. I have it on 360, already.

Oh, I already play! Yukiko is my main and I play Yu a little as well. I have it on 360, already.

Isn't it on sale this week on PSN? Maybe you should hop on the irc and ask Lem if he can do any deals with you to get it even cheaper, dudes a mastermind of sales.

koutoru

$7.50? I dunno! $2.50 over my limit! Too rich for my blood.
I'll probably pick it up sometime this week.
Buy it, you won't be disappointed. P4A is the only fighting game I ever bought for the story, but it also has awesome gameplay.
I suspect much of the same case for P4AU.

Necrovex

You know you and Inorigo could split the costs right? Lem is looking for people who want any of the games on sale to split costs and such.

I was kidding about the price. The life of being a PC snob. :p

$7.50 is a solid deal for a game I wanted for a while, but wouldn't buy at $20 solely due to my backlog.

Buy it, you won't be disappointed. P4A is the only fighting game I ever bought for the story, but it also has awesome gameplay.
I suspect much of the same case for P4AU.

I was planning to buy P4A solely for the story, if only to participate in P4A talk.

Plus I'm a major fan of the Blazblue universe.

How does that even work?

And I'm super curious about this as well.

Top Bottom