• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Acid08

Banned
I've only beaten P4 twice, once for OG and once for Golden. Have watched the Endurance Run twice though so it feels like four times :p

And I'm never leaving the Top 10 posters, brehs. I will spread even more hate speech of Yosuke, FeMC, and Marie if need be to keep dat post count up. Plus when I start P2 I'll probably be posting about it a lot. I'M GOING TO START IT TONIGHT. IT IS DECIDED.

For PQ team I'll probably go for something like:

Kanji-Makoto-Chie
Yukari-Yukiko

I've only beaten P4 twice, once for OG and once for Golden. Have watched the Endurance Run twice though so it feels like four times :p

And I'm never leaving the Top 10 posters, brehs. I will spread even more hate speech of Yosuke, FeMC, and Marie if need be to keep dat post count up. Plus when I start P2 I'll probably be posting about it a lot. I'M GOING TO START IT TONIGHT. IT IS DECIDED.

Kanji-Makoto-Chie
Yukari-Yukiko

God Speed and Good Lu-random encounter-

Trigger

And I'm never leaving the Top 10 posters, brehs. I will spread even more hate speech of Yosuke, FeMC, and Marie if need be to keep dat post count up. Plus when I start P2 I'll probably be posting about it a lot. I'M GOING TO START IT TONIGHT. IT IS DECIDED. -

fu2GhUa.gif

Kanji-Makoto-Chie
Yukari-Yukiko

No one can beat Gazoinks though

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I've played through P4 about ten times. Half of those were P4G playthroughs. I doubt I'll ever go for the platinum because my later playthroughs are just for fun and reliving the story.

I only need the book trophy to get the platty.

Someday I'll go back to it.

Acid08

Banned
:lol I don't actually dislike her, just the crazy overrated opinion her.

Typical Makoto conversation:

Character: "Hey, want to go to Tartarus tonight?"
Makoto: "Sure."

aaaand the FeMC fan reaction:
"UGH WHAT A SOCIOPATH PROBABLY JUST SAID THAT BECAUSE IT'S WHAT THE CHARACTER WANTED TO HEAR I'M GONNA THROW UP."

Typical FeMC conversation:
FeMC: "Wow yeah, sounds fun!!!!!!"

"WOW WHAT A GREAT ATTITUDE SHE'S SO HAPPY TO GO PUT HER FRIENDS IN DANGER WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I

I always knew you were a bad person, what being a Shorks fan and all.

This just takes the cake.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Oh poor jello, you actually have some kind of affection towards Marie? That's more sad than Giroux's Olympic aspirations :(

TEAM CANADA SO GOOD G WAS LEFT OFF THE ROSTERRRRRRRRRRRR

Chris Kunitz has a gold medal. That makes me want to vomit.

Jintor

Trigger having Kyoko as an avatar is really weirding me out.

This is what happens when you interact with people AND fictional characters in a text-only medium on an intense basis.

Acid08

Banned
give me thirty minutes to track down that stupid power point that tries to explain why kill la kill is like, super feminist, no really guys.
Is KLK still pretty good? I watched the first four episodes and it kinda lost me even though I enjoyed it. I'm a huge TTGL fan so maybe my expectations were kinda through the roof and into the stratosphere.

Is KLK still pretty good? I watched the first four episodes and it kinda lost me even though I enjoyed it. I'm a huge TTGL fan so maybe my expectations were kinda through the roof and into the stratosphere.

It gets better - that's about the point where it stops being about, like, main character versus the random club leader of the day. It gets really good around the series midpoint.

It's definitely not High Art or anything.

FluxWaveZ

It gets better - that's about the point where it stops being about, like, main character versus the random club leader of the day. It gets really good around the series midpoint.

It's definitely not High Art or anything.

You saying that Kill La Kill is really good.

Now I've seen everything.

Often times when it comes to Japanese nerd media, fans will try to defend a show/comic/game/whatever as being a deconstruction of (thing) or a critique of (thing) when in reality the show/comic/game/whatever is actually just doing (thing). In Kill la Kill, that's fine,
especially with the direction the show takes

CorvoSol

It's okay as long as you bear in mind that things that are creepy are meant to be creepy.

"UGH WHAT A SOCIOPATH PROBABLY JUST SAID THAT BECAUSE IT'S WHAT THE CHARACTER WANTED TO HEAR I'M GONNA THROW UP."

"WOW WHAT A GREAT ATTITUDE SHE'S SO HAPPY TO GO PUT HER FRIENDS IN DANGER WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

No it's more like "Hey wanna go to Tartarus tonight?"
Makoto: "Yes."
Dude only said that cuz he wants to bone someone.

"Hey wanna go to Tartarus tonight?"
Famke: "Sure do."
Girl said it cuz she needs the EXP to keep up with the fact that I'm playing her on Normal and Makoto on Easy.

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSs

100 percent this and I actually like FeMC

I like Minato because he isn't cheerful. Not because I'm one of those "GET YOUR DAMN HAPPINESS OUT OF MY GAME" people, but because I feel like it fits the game better.

Sophia

I like Minato because he isn't cheerful. Not because I'm one of those "GET YOUR DAMN HAPPINESS OUT OF MY GAME" people, but because I feel like it fits the game better.

Cynicism and Darkness are overrated. Plus Persona 3's cast needs some cheerfulness. They're highly lacking in it. Why is why both protagonists in the story at the same time works so well!

CorvoSol

I like Famke because her side of the story isn't all about getting laid. It's got nothing to do with cynicism or perkiness. She can go get a burger with a guy and not be reminded six times about how much she needs the D. Makoto, on the other hand, can't get through a conversation without being reminded how badly he needs a wank.

Like, the reason Persona 3's main color is blue is because Makoto spends the whole first half of the game blue balling.

Top Bottom