• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Is there any multiple ending/true ending stuff I need to know for P2?

Nope, both IS and EP each has is basically one ending, there are a couple of choices towards the end of EP that do change some dialogue for the ending of EP, but even then it's just some different dialogue for certain characters.

Trigger

It is. Fall 2014.

I thought it was?

Good news, everyone!

Oops. I guess was confused by the different threads. Assumed everything was 2015.

Good news indeed.
XBMjaTZ.gif

Acid08

Banned
Marie's kind of a hard area for me because I don't actually own Golden, I've only played through the original version. Possibly when I do some more research about her.
Just draw a George Foreman grill with some dog shit grilling on it. The essence of Marie-chan.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Okay, here's the breakdown of the major bits the Dengeki article reveals. A lot of it is rehashed material from the Famitsu reveal last week, as one would expect, but there are some new things worth covering. Since so much of it is old stuff, I'll just go with bullet points again for conciseness and sanity:

• The number of characters you can pick from overall for your party is said to be 20, including Rei and Zen, which count as one unit together, with parties holding up to a maximum of five characters, as has been previously known. The roster number is implied in the Japanese text to not include support characters like Fuuka and Rise, although they can also be chosen at will and have different support abilities. This leaves a few blank spots open for the remaining party selectable characters that can actually fight, although it's probably pretty safe to bet that those slots will be filled with Velvet Room assistants. If we count Rei and Zen as one unit, Elizabeth, Margaret, Theo, and Marie fill out the remaining slots perfectly.
  • Both main party members and support characters can be swapped out. It's not stated whether this can be done at any time during dungeon crawling or at just specific points.
  • This is somewhat obvious if you pay attention to the trailers, but Rei focuses on support and healing skills as a character, whereas Zen is a fighter who attacks with what is being dubbed his "bow gun."
  • Level ups are said to be handled like Etrian Odyssey, where skill points are doled out for each character that are used to unlock skills, unlike previous games where they were attained linearly.
  • Sub-Personas can be chosen freely for the other characters. Not only does this let characters expand their skill ranges beyond their main specialties, but are also said to enable you to focus on forming parties based on who you like, rather than just what they're good at. This allows you to fine-tune characters in your party that normally have similar abilities so that they play functionally different and don't overlap, with the article saying that Sub-Personas enable a party, for example, to have both Yukiko and Yukari without having an overly excessively number of characters focused solely on healing. This is achieved by virtue of different Sub-Personas enabling you to set different skills to characters and make them unique as party members.
  • Sub-Personas are earned as rewards for winning battles. Additionally, they can level up by being assigned to a character and actively used in fights, enabling them to level up and gain more skills.
  • Elaborating a bit on Famitsu's description of how the Boost system works, the presence of characters in a boosted state is what makes it easier for follow-up and All-Out Attacks to occur. Essentially, if one character is Boosted, the whole party benefits and the chance of everyone, boosted or not, being able to do these moves increases. The rate is further raised as more characters enter a Boosted state.

That should be the long and short of it in terms of new details, but if people want additional clarification on something, I can try to provide it to the best of my abilities with what's provided in the article.

arue

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/808/808379/

The HP cost there is surprisingly lenient. It's like 4.5% or something.

This reminded me why I didn't like EO's battle mechanics when I played EO3 and EO4 demo: the SP skills cost way too much, especially during the beginner levels. I thought it would cost less as I level up, but the higher skills ended up costing about the same amount of SP.

I don't know if I suck at EO games or what because I always have to go back to town every five battles and heal my characters until I ran out of money.

Shadow Dojima
http://i.imgur.com/rE1tAt1.png
Well. That took forever.

This is great! This reminded me of Dojima's guilt for leaving Nanako at home by herself :(
I see you drew the tire tracks on Dojima like you did with the roadway in Nanako's shadow.

PK Gaming

We've got awesome artists, awesome translators, awesome fighting game players, awesome podcasters (gasp) awesome users in general... PersonaGAF really is the most awesome community thread in all of Neogaf.

Okay, here's the breakdown of the major bits the Dengeki article reveals. A lot of it is rehashed material from the Famitsu reveal last week, as one would expect, but there are some new things worth covering. Since so much of it is old stuff, I'll just go with bullet points again for conciseness and sanity:

• The number of characters you can pick from overall for your party is said to be 20, including Rei and Zen, which count as one unit together, with parties holding up to a maximum of five characters, as has been previously known. The roster number is implied in the Japanese text to not include support characters like Fuuka and Rise, although they can also be chosen at will and have different support abilities. This leaves a few blank spots open for the remaining party selectable characters that can actually fight, although it's probably pretty safe to bet that those slots will be filled with Velvet Room assistants. If we count Rei and Zen as one unit, Elizabeth, Margaret, Theo, and Marie fill out the remaining slots perfectly.
  • Both main party members and support characters can be swapped out. It's not stated whether this can be done at any time during dungeon crawling or at just specific points.
  • This is somewhat obvious if you pay attention to the trailers, but Rei focuses on support and healing skills as a character, whereas Zen is a fighter who attacks with what is being dubbed his "bow gun."
  • Level ups are said to be handled like Etrian Odyssey, where skill points are doled out for each character that are used to unlock skills, unlike previous games where they were attained linearly.
  • Sub-Personas can be chosen freely for the other characters. Not only does this let characters expand their skill ranges beyond their main specialties, but are also said to enable you to focus on forming parties based on who you like, rather than just what they're good at. This allows you to fine-tune characters in your party that normally have similar abilities so that they play functionally different and don't overlap, with the article saying that Sub-Personas enable a party, for example, to have both Yukiko and Yukari without having an overly excessively number of characters focused solely on healing. This is achieved by virtue of different Sub-Personas enabling you to set different skills to characters and make them unique as party members.
  • Sub-Personas are earned as rewards for winning battles. Additionally, they can level up by being assigned to a character and actively used in fights, enabling them to level up and gain more skills.
  • Elaborating a bit on Famitsu's description of how the Boost system works, the presence of characters in a boosted state is what makes it easier for follow-up and All-Out Attacks to occur. Essentially, if one character is Boosted, the whole party benefits and the chance of everyone, boosted or not, being able to do these moves increases. The rate is further raised as more characters enter a Boosted state.

That should be the long and short of it in terms of new details, but if people want additional clarification on something, I can try to provide it to the best of my abilities with what's provided in the article.

request-five.gif

Caladrius

Shadow Dojima
rE1tAt1.png

Well. That took forever.

I said dayum.

:/
Potatoes, nuclear warheads, same diff.

The end result is the same: The battle is still laughably easy.

*Dengeki details*

Thank ye.

I am much more interested in this game now.

Sophia

This reminded me why I didn't like EO's battle mechanics when I played EO3 and EO4 demo: the SP skills cost way too much, especially during the beginner levels. I thought it would cost less as I level up, but the higher skills ended up costing about the same amount of SP.

I don't know if I suck at EO games or what because I always have to go back to town every five battles and heal my characters until I ran out of money.

SP skills aren't meant to be used freely in EO, which is why. It isn't like Persona in that regard.

arue

Thanks for the translation, Pepsiman!
Velvet room residents as party members? I've been waiting for this!

Bishie team coming up:
Makoto, Yu, Akihiko
Theo, Naoto

At least Naoto still looks like a boy.

arue

SP skills aren't meant to be used freely in EO, which is why. It isn't like Persona in that regard.

So am I supposed to rely on regular attacks to kill enemies? My party members often die by the end of regular battles, it's ridiculous. Maybe I didn't grind enough on the first level before going to the second level? I am impatient so EO might be too grindy for me.

Lunar15

Thanks Pepsiman!

This game sounds really great and really flexible. I like the idea of using sub personas to use who you want to use, given that it is pretty much a fanservice game.

Gazoinks

Awesome. The Sub-Personas sound kind of like a freely switchable Sub-class, which is an interesting mechanic.

So am I supposed to rely on regular attacks to kill enemies? My party members often die by the end of regular battles, it's ridiculous. Maybe I didn't grind enough on the first level before going to the second level? I am impatient so EO might be too grindy for me.

It's more about resource management. Finding a balance between saving SP and not dying. It's purposely uncompromising though, and you're definitely not intended to make it all the way through a dungeon on the first trip.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Just so my ass is covered, the article doesn't say anything specifically about Velvet Room characters filling in the last four character slots. That's only what I feel is pretty solid speculation on my part. I just personally can't think of anyone else that would likely qualify, especially since Atlus has been quiet on what role the Velvet Room attendants actually play so far.

Just wanted to mention that so that line won't potentially bite me in the ass if they do pull a fast one and reveal it's someone else~

Sophia

Both main party members and support characters can be swapped out. It's not stated whether this can be done at any time during dungeon crawling or at just specific points

Support characters? As in Rise/Fuuka? Wonder if they have abilities related to the EO style map drawing.

Depends on your party makeup, but you shouldn't have difficulty defeating enemies with normal attacks.

Shadow Dojima
rE1tAt1.png

Well. That took forever.
daaaaaayuuuuuuum that looks great

Sub-persona tech sounds awesome

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Support characters? As in Rise/Fuuka? Wonder if they have abilities related to the EO style map drawing.

No idea about the map drawing stuff, but yeah, the article states you can pick Rise/Fuuka as the one you want on the sidelines and it's implied they each have unique abilities, which the character trailers have more or less confirmed. I'm sorry if my wording is a bit wonky; I feel a bit out of it today for whatever reason.

Sophia

No idea about the map drawing stuff, but yeah, the article states you can pick Rise/Fuuka as the one you want on the sidelines and it's implied they each have unique abilities, which the character trailers have more or less confirmed. I'm sorry if my wording is a bit wonky; I feel a bit out of it today for whatever reason.

No your wording is fine. I'm just speculating on what kind of unique abilities they'd have.

arue

It's more about resource management. Finding a balance between saving SP and not dying. It's purposely uncompromising though, and you're definitely not intended to make it all the way through a dungeon on the first trip.
Depends on your party makeup, but you shouldn't have difficulty defeating enemies with normal attacks.

Thanks for the tips, I'll give EO another try next time. Probably after PQ because I'm sure it will make EO easier after a while.

Just so my ass is covered, the article doesn't say anything specifically about Velvet Room characters filling in the last four character slots. That's only what I feel is pretty solid speculation on my part. I just personally can't think of anyone else that would likely qualify, especially since Atlus has been quiet on what role the Velvet Room attendants actually play so far.

Just wanted to mention that so that line won't potentially bite me in the ass if they do pull a fast one and reveal it's someone else~

If the Velvet room characters are not playable, then it's either more new characters or DLC characters. Either way I can't wait to see who will fill the spots.

Top Bottom