• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Dantis

At least Europe got Bravely Default before NA. On the other hand, NA actually has SMT IV. I can not think of an MS paint image to sum up how I feel on the matter, but I'm sure it will come to me soon enough.

Well I didn't like Bravely Default, so this did nothing for me. :p

I thought SMT4 would see the light of day once Sega took over, I was wrong, :(

I may have to import a 3ds to play PersonaQ.

Actually, starting from now, Im not updating my 3ds. Hopefully, there will be a method to remove the region lock somewhere down the road.

Meia

Honestly, if I was a fancy British man, I'd have imported a 3ds or something by now. The SMT4 situation was infuriating, and it's a game I bought and barely even played!

Soriku

SMT4 was a flagship title for Atlus? I got the exact opposite impression that they were sending it out to die and were instead pleasantly surprised.

Its release was <2 months after the JP release. I'm not sure how you got that impression.

Lunar15

Eh, its pretty good. It just finds itself slogging along way too much. The gameplay was a great, though.

Was it though? I dropped the game as soon as I realized that I was just auto battling everything. I didn't find Brave/Default to be that compelling, and the class change system, while neat, has been done before and was gated by story progression. Outside of that, the world was pretty uninteresting and the dialogue pretty bad.

But hey, to each their own. I get why people like the game, but just not for me. I gave it a shot though!

Was it though? I dropped the game as soon as I realized that I was just auto battling everything. I didn't find Brave/Default to be that compelling, and the class change system, while neat, has been done before and was gated by story progression. Outside of that, the world was pretty uninteresting and the dialogue pretty bad.

But hey, to each their own. I get why people like the game, but just not for me. I gave it a shot though!

I also found myself auto battling everything which made it extremely boring. Coupled with the encounter rate changer and I was just bored to tears. I wouldn't really say it was a bad game though.

LX_Theo

Banned

It certainly was. The boss battles are where its at. It really does a good job of getting you to be strategic in your approach to significant battles. The combination of the brave and default system with the job classes really just settled how fun it can be to come up with unique strategies to counter the enemy with.

I won't say grinding was a fun part of the game (especially later on when you can't just auto-battle the grind away in the background of something else you are doing), but I can say that about ANY JRPG. The story has been decent and I don't see an issue with the dialogue.

How far did you even get through it?

Lunar15

About midway through chapter 4. Like I said, I get why people like it, namely the battle system and the unique ways of beating bosses, like you said.

I'm just not that kind of guy. I've never really loved JRPG's, Persona series being a massive exception. And even there, I'm never thrilled by the battle system: It's the pacing between the dungeons and non dungeon elements that really drew me in. BD lives or dies by how much fun you draw out of its battle system. Everything else is very, very generic, intentionally so. Also I really couldn't stand Ringabel. Womanizers never tend to bother me that much in stuff, but it got so incessant that I couldn't take any more. I really lost a lot of respect for the game around chapter 2 when we took a detour to find a bikini that we ended up not even getting.

Why did I even get BD then? Well, outside of friends begging me to get it, I had heard plenty of nice things, the art style was attractive to me, and I had e-shop credit.

So. I'm on the first day
Naoto
's dungeon opens up. Assuming I beat it the first day (I will. Level 91 and have
Izanagi no Okami
), does having
Rise/Kanji
at level 7 and 3, the Fox at level 4, the Young Mom at level 4, the Nurse at level 3, the Sports club at Level 3, the student at 6, the band at 3/4, the brother of Saki at 6 Marie at 3 and nothing with Ai and nothing with
Naoto
sound like too much to do in Sept-March?

I have Chie, Yukiko, Yosuke, Dojima, Nanako, Adachi
as far as I can right now
all done. Trying for the Legend of Inaba trophy. I've been doing it as much as I can and matching persona arcanas/picking the right choices in convos.

I have the personas needed to fuse all Margaret's stuff and enough Sundays for Hisano. So those don't concern me.

Like I said. I've been doing all of them as efficiently as I could, but I still feel behind. Is this the case, or am I on track?

TWILT

Banned

Yeeeahh, reached chapter 5 weeks ago, and I just kinda...stopped. The story and characters were so snooze worthy (even for JRPG standards), disliked the tedious dungeons, and the 2nd half of the game is just plain awful (whose smart idea was to put that much filler in the game?) I love JRPGs, but I just didn't care for the game that much.

I liked the battle system though and the music is ace.

Bravely Default's writing is absolutely atrocious and the combat system's flaws become incredibly apparent during later battles. Still hyped for the sequel though.

Style

Banned
Real talk I don't actually know how to do an avatar quote.

image.php

You just quote someone and then add AVATAR to the
box. Like this:
[AVATARQUOTE=CorvoSol;104917484][/AVATARQUOTE]

Real talk I don't actually know how to do an avatar quote.

image.php

Right click the avatar you want quote, click Copy Image Location (Firefox. Use whatever variant it is if different for your browser), then quote the post. Click Insert Image on the post and slap the URL in there. Tada!

After 20 hours awake, including a 12 hour shift and possibly the worst game of footy ever, I think I know the answer to this question.

278834-shin-megami-tensei-persona-3-playstation-2-screenshot-want.png

'Night Gaf!

Top Bottom