• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

college_130c.jpg

Chie is the MC of Persona 6

tumblr_n3lnl0ZHkZ1rucj9so1_1280.png

I have been told that P4 actually has P4's description. I am disappointed after the Raidou fiasco that P4 doesn't have Nocturne's or similar

todd360

Guys. Persona 5 is going to be light and rounded isn't it. :(

I wanted college not preschool atlus!

gawt dam preschoolers and their nap times and general lack of edginess. Just cancel the game now.

I'm kinda bored.

Guys, guys, guys. I'm pretty sure the characters in P5 are going to be going into metaphysical dungeons inside a zoo. The animals are representative of the existential crises of humanity--"The Lion." "The Ape." "The Rhinoceros." "The... penguin?" I don't know. There's a "freedom" metaphor in there I'm sure. Cages, chains, whatever.

This is of course where Junpei's much awaited Persona using monkey will come into play.

Maybe they'll finally upgrade from flip phones. I don't think I'm too in the know with the Japanese youth but I think flip phones were kind of out in 2011.

kewlmyc

I don't know, going from shooting yourself in the head, to crushing cards in stylish ways, to just apps on smartphones seems dull, especially since something has been done similar.

Where did this smartphone fascination come from anyway?

I don't know, going from shooting yourself in the head, to crushing cards in stylish ways, to just apps on smartphones seems dull

Probably the biggest reason why I think they won't do it, especially when you realize that Persona do not stay on the field and the user has to do the same damn animation and scream "persona" each and every time. So they are going to say "PERSONA!" and then dial a number? Shit would be super lame imo.

Squire

Banned
I don't know, going from shooting yourself in the head, to crushing cards in stylish ways, to just apps on smartphones seems dull, especially since something has been done similar.

It's a bit too obvious imo, not to mention that summoning demons from cellphones is something that megaten has done before.

I can agree that it's kinda dull and obvious, but the snartphone's place in the zeitgeist isn't really up for debate.

It was just an old theory, Kewlmyc. It makes sense, but it is pretty obvious, like 9th says. I think we came to the conclusion that's why they probably won't do if. It makes so much sense though, I see no reason to rule it out altogether.

kewlmyc

I can agree that it's kinda dull and obvious, but the snartphone's place in the zeitgeist isn't really up for debate.

It was just an old theory, Kewlmyc. It makes sense, but it is pretty obvious, like 9th says. I think we came to the conclusion that's why they probably won't do if. It makes so much sense though, I see no reason to rule it out altogether.

If I recall, you're referencing the fact that the game is based on being slaves to something, so you think smartphones/social media will involved. SMT hasn't really done social media yet, so I wouldn't mind that. It's just I can't see them doing something that's drastically different from the demon summoning app in Devil Survivor 2, so it would just seem like backtracking to me. I get the symbolism though.

If I recall, you're referencing the fact that the game is based on being slaves to something, so you think smartphones/social media will involved. SMT hasn't really done social media yet, so I wouldn't mind that. It's just I can't see them doing something that's drastically different from the demon summoning app in Devil Survivor 2, so it would just seem like backtracking to me. I get the symbolism though.

Innocent Sin Portable had that terrible VR theater quest where the kids were addicted to a social media thing.

Smartphones are the hip things all those young people are into these days

Persona7

Banned
Pineapple is just eh, I just don't like Pineapple on pizza. Though it isn't Michelangelo levels of disgusting pizza toppings.

the only thing that a lot of people do that I don't like is drowing the pizza in ranch sauce

i sometimes have a little dip here and there but drowning it would probably make me vomit.

Top Bottom