• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

cjkeats

Yumi Kawamura's compilation album "Yumitama" is going to feature remixes of the P1P songs, including School Days and Let Butterflies Spread Until the Dawn.

I need it.

Acid08

Banned
This is how I feel about you all

tumblr_n3mxoizhUQ1trzg4co1_500.jpg
BjYpTtgCEAAxhyn.png

CorvoSol

Speaking of P1

We finished up in the Pink Forest of Masculinity. I'm assuming we did it right since there was no boss-fight. Sort of a weak dungeon anyway, but I'll take that over Karma Palace any day. We must be about half-way through the game now, I guess. If it wasn't PAINFULLY OBVIOUS that Mai and Aki are Maki before it sure is now. Also it turns out that the thing that Aki is brandishing each time we meet her is a compact. Kinda interesting. Team is pretty ridiculously OP at this point. Fred's almost learned Megidola now, and Mark already knows it. Maki has that fire spell of hers plus Mediarama and Reiji has some miracle magic. The only dead weight is Nanjo, who just needs to reach level 28 so we can give him a more useful Persona than Lillim.

Now to go through the gosh darn subway for the billionth time.

PK Gaming

Speaking of P1

We finished up in the Pink Forest of Masculinity. I'm assuming we did it right since there was no boss-fight. Sort of a weak dungeon anyway, but I'll take that over Karma Palace any day. We must be about half-way through the game now, I guess. If it wasn't PAINFULLY OBVIOUS that Mai and Aki are Maki before it sure is now. Also it turns out that the thing that Aki is brandishing each time we meet her is a compact. Kinda interesting. Team is pretty ridiculously OP at this point. Fred's almost learned Megidola now, and Mark already knows it. Maki has that fire spell of hers plus Mediarama and Reiji has some miracle magic. The only dead weight is Nanjo, who just needs to reach level 28 so we can give him a more useful Persona than Lillim.

Now to go through the gosh darn subway for the billionth time.

Haha holy shit, you have 2 Megidola users?

And yeah, P1 is ridiculously easy to break. Dunno why there's this prevailing notion that it's "too hardcore."

And yeah, P1 is ridiculously easy to break. Dunno why there's this prevailing notion that it's "too hardcore."

Because like P2ISP, P1P's enemies were stronger and more aggressive in the original P1, PK. It was still an easy game to break back then though, but death usually meant you were put way back, there is much less save points in the original too. For example, the final dungeon has like 4 save points in the PSP version, in the PS1 version, it just has 1 save point, at the very beginning of the dungeon. Unlike P2ISP's nerf though, I don't feel like it effects P1's fun factor at all. If anything, I think the re-balancing of P1 actually makes the game more fun.

Sophia

Because like P2ISP, P1P's enemies were stronger and more aggressive in the original P1, PK. It was still an easy game to break back then though, but death usually meant you were put way back, there is much less save points in the original too. For example, the final dungeon has like 4 save points in the PSP version, in the PS1 version, it just has 1 save point, at the very beginning of the dungeon. Unlike P2ISP's nerf though, I don't feel like it effects P1's fun factor at all. If anything, I think the re-balancing of P1 actually makes the game more fun.

Yeah, the difficulty adjustment to P1P didn't make all the enemies hit for 1 HP. On Hard mode. >_>;

CorvoSol

I'm not sure but I think Nanjo might be en route to knowing Megidola, too. But yeah, I found some World Persona for Fred and at rank 8 it learns Megidola.

Sophia

Well, IS was always an easy game. EP is the hard one, and the PSP version sure keeps that intact.

Innocent Sin is an easy game barring the final boss, sure. But there was NO excuse for the significant damage nerf across the board. Enemies literally did a fraction of their original damage in the PSP version. :(

cj_iwakura

Innocent Sin is an easy game barring the final boss, sure. But there was NO excuse for the significant damage nerf across the board. Enemies literally did a fraction of their original damage in the PSP version. :(

Agreed, only the final boss needed a nerf. Boy did he ever. It was like playing Rhapsody then having the Demi-Fiend be the final boss.

Sophia

Agreed, only the final boss needed a nerf. Boy did he ever. It was like playing Rhapsody then having the Demi-Fiend be the final boss.

Persona 2 Innocent Sin confirmed for metaphor for Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. Easy going until the halfway point, then it gets a bit faster. Then you hit the end and the guitars really kick in hard.

Still the hardest in the series by a mile.

Got as far as Deva Yuga in P1PS1. Almost done, then onto IS again(the fan translation this time).

I would still say that the Answer in P3FES is harder than P2:EP.

Does a lot of annoying things in there to make the game more difficult than it should be. Like the fact that there is no Compendium in the Answer and you can only rely on persona cards you get in Shuffle Time for fusion is awful. And setting the games difficulty to P3FES Hard.

Acid08

Banned

Got as far as Deva Yuga in P1PS1. Almost done, then onto IS again(the fan translation this time).
Hard can be fun. Better than IS. Haven't played it in a few weeks because I'm having absolutely no fun with that game. Story was the only thing keeping me going but playing it sucks so much.

PK Gaming

I thought P3 was harder, personally. Random encounters were trivialized by the fusion spell system, and 99% of the bosses could be overcome through sheer attrition (since you had multiple party members you could just heal/revive. No instant losses from the MC dying either). The only boss that I struggled on was Was-mother-friggin-Sugiwara (and only because I didn't know "how" to fight him) and the final boss.

I was pretty underlevelled when I beat it too.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes-- you're the best, PersonaGAF! I'm actually across the country in California for a work conference, so I didn't really have a chance to do a lot of fun stuff... That being said, next weekend is PAX East, so I think I'll just celebrate there instead! ;D

Once I get back home on Thursday I'll be around more again, but I'm glad I stopped by quick before bed! In other news, Aniplex needs to cut the shit and get those P3 movies dubbed before I take out a bank loan to afford their blurays... -_-

Dantis

You know, Sho actually could show up in P4D.

I'd rather he didn't, though. And the P4G epilogue makes me think he won't do.

We'd best see something about that bloody game soon.
Yumi Kawamura's compilation album "Yumitama" is going to feature remixes of the P1P songs, including School Days and Let Butterflies Spread Until the Dawn.

I need it.

Is it out yet?

No. I was thinking of doing something based on the card, but I ended up creating a fantasy universe instead, so idk

I'd love to see the process for that haha.
I'm going to draw something quick tonight, this week has been mental for me, haven't had a minute rest.

kewlmyc

Absolute disgrace.

I actually like animated musicals, they're the only musicals I can stand. The stand out musicals for me being Aladdin, The Road to El Dorado, and the South Park movie.

I just haven't had the time to watch Frozen yet. I'll rent it eventually, unless it's on Netfix. Is it on Netfix?

Jintor

I'd love to see the process for that haha.

I'm going to use this in daily life now. "I was going to come into work today but I ended up creating a fantasy universe instead"

Here's a page from the middle of my current sketchbook

To be honest, it's actually a lot of work/research depending on how you're making the nation. I spent like a day looking stuff up to make plausible landmasses, rivers, topography, mountain ranges... and then I spent another day looking up how important metellurgy was to technological development, various systems of magic, looking up bits and pieces of history, the Roman aqueduct system and method of government, English establishment of police forces, French forensics, the use of guns in 18th century warfare and what societies take to develop nationalism... it's all fascinating stuff.

Top Bottom