• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Yeah sometimes I "draw" fan "art" but no positive words should accompany it.

Not even "Awesome".

You all should know what happens when I try to draw fan-art.

eODXZQU.png

This happens, and I play it off as comedy.

Style

Banned
Yeah, I have not seen Frozen either, but I would very much like to. I have only heard positive things about it.

I like your sketches of the main character in Frozen too, Dantis.

Yeah sometimes I "draw" fan "art" but no positive words should accompany it.

Not even "Awesome".

Oh do not be so self deprecating. Beauty is in the eye beholder. You are an unique snowflake, etc.

This week of Fools is almost over and I haven't even done a drawing! I gotta step my game up, though participation in this thing have been down two weeks in a row, so its not just me!

kewlmyc

Yeah, I have not seen Frozen either, but I would very much like to. I have only heard positive things about it.

I like your sketches of the main character in Frozen too, Dantis.

Oh do not be so self deprecating. Beauty is in the eye beholder. You are an unique snowflake, etc.

Your avatar is freaking me out. I keep thinking it's Dantis since he used to have the same one.

FOOL WEEK!

I wish I could have put more time into this, but I've been swamped all week.
Ah well, Here's a summer Yu Fool Card with a Nanako coloured dog.
DhMXxTGl.jpg

pan-hime

There's now a wiki page on unused Persona 4 stuff. Major spoilers, obviously.

though, these:
Shuffle Time Arcana Failures

I pity The Fool when this message
appears, because it's a bug. Get
cracking, QA, and write it up.

Please write this bug up,
O noble QA tester.
The Empress has failed.

This is a bug. Unlike real life,
The Lovers aren't supposed to fail you.

If you get this, BUG IT!
Hermit Failure ain't s'posed to happen.

THIS IS A BUG. Death never fails!

Write me a well-written bug about
this message. In Haiku form, please. [Temperance]

This is a bug. The Moon is made of
green cheese and cannot fail.

This is a bug. The Sun has gone out!
and
HP Favor - Max HP doubles, max SP halves. (Unused skill)
SP Favor - Max SP doubles, max HP halves. (Unused skill)
HP Amp - Increases max HP by 50%. (Unused skill)
SP Amp - Increases max SP by 50%. (Unused skill)
AND personal favorite: Kanji's broken s-link message
K-K-K-Kanji Breaker! If you see this line, it's a bug.

Dantis

Lots of them are good, especially this one:

It's by one of my favorite artists too.

I guess I'll draw Elsa one day.

Okay, you win. That's amazing.

Where the anna fanart at

Draw Anna! Nowhere near enough art of her. :)
Sure, I can draw Anna. I actually like Anna more as a character, because she's just insanely charming, but I like Elsa's design more, and I think she's who everybody associates with Frozen.

FluxWaveZ

Might be old to the thought, but something was bothering me ever since I saw the Persona 5 trailer during the reveal stream and I just figured out what it was: the low quality of the image when the chairs are appearing. During the stream, I thought it might be because of the low quality of the restream itself, but it didn't improve in Atlus' HD upload, so I have to think it's intentional.

There's noticeable film grain and a shaky camera style during those moments. It's like someone's filming it with a low quality video camera or something. There's also the noticeable chromatic aberration that accompanies each of the credits, especially Shoji Meguro's.

Think these are hints that P5 could have something to do with video? Maybe I'm just overthinking things as well, though.

kewlmyc

Might be old to the thought, but something was bothering me ever since I saw the Persona 5 trailer during the reveal stream and I just figured out what it was: the low quality of the image when the chairs are appearing. During the stream, I thought it might be because of the low quality of the restream itself, but it didn't improve in Atlus' HD upload, so I have to think it's intentional.

There's noticeable film grain and a shaky camera style during those moments. It's like someone's filming it with a low quality video camera or something. There's also the noticeable chromatic aberration that accompanies each of the credits, especially Shoji Meguro's.

Think these are hints that P5 could have something to do with video? Maybe I'm just overthinking things as well, though.

I thought they were just trying to be visually creative honestly.

I liked Frozen, but it's not a movie I'm gonna go back to often. I'll watch it if my nieces are watching it, but really seeing it once was enough for me right now.
And before I forget....
Queen Elsa by 缺

Your over thinking it, really I would just take everything in that trailer with a grain of salt. As I bet the only significant things in there was the ball and chain to chairs and "You are a slave, want emancipation." bit. I would not try to over analyze that trailer because it was just a teaser and didn't have really much to begin with.

And...
Teddie-doo Where Are You

FluxWaveZ

I thought they were just trying to be visually creative honestly.

Your over thinking it, really I would just take everything in that trailer with a grain of salt. As I bet the only significant things in there was the ball and chain to chairs and "You are a slave, want emancipation." bit. I would not try to over analyze that trailer because it was just a teaser and didn't have really much to begin with.

Hm, I was thinking that P Studio would be the types to apply conscious thought in terms of the style they chose to convey the reveal trailer and that it would bear subtly significant meaning on the actual game but, yeah, guess I was just trying to see things that weren't there.

Meia

I drew some Frozen sketches. It's not Persona, but everybody likes Frozen, so I'm pretty sure that makes it a-okay.

Gonna try and throw together something for Buddha's art week after dinner. Quality not guaranteed!

Thanks to watching Frozen, I've rewatched almost all of the classic disney movies(up to Hercules), and have spent probably $30 or so on iTunes filling up my ipod with disney songs.

I blame this entirely on you. :p

Squire

Banned
Sure, I can draw Anna. I actually like Anna more as a character, because she's just insanely charming, but I like Elsa's design more, and I think she's who everybody associates with Frozen.

Oh, yeah, same here. Like I said, Anna steals the show (or at lest the script). Loved how awkward she is. Elsa's a stunner though. Really feels like a classic Disney princess. (I can't believe I'm saying this.)

But hey, draw Anna! If I can and you don't mind, I wanna use it as an avatar like TrueSelf did with your last Yukari art. Your Elsa art is aces. Looking forward to what you do with Anna.

I don't necessarily think it was a coincidence that the reveal occurred over a (abnormally long) live-stream and that the trailers were ultimately shown on big screens around Japan. We've riffed on the idea they might use the internet as a motif akin to TV in P4, before. I think that could be a little too broad though. Go to far down that road aesthetically and you're just making Digimon or Summer Wars, honestly. Video is a good element to home in on, especially if they're going for something zeitgeist-y. I mean, look at the front page of GAF right now. People are talking about (essentially) HD gifs; another advancement in video technology. You could also argue that's far too similar to TV, so they'd never do that.

So yeah, you could be on to something. Maybe not.

FluxWaveZ

I don't necessarily think it was a coincidence that the reveal occurred over a (abnormally long) live-stream and that the trailers were ultimately shown on big screens around Japan. We've riffed on the idea they might use the internet as a motif akin to TV in P4, before. I think that could be a little too broad though. Go to far down that road aesthetically and you're just making Digimon or Summer Wars, honestly. Video is a good element to home in on, especially if they're going for something zeitgeist-y. I mean, look at the front page of GAF right now. People are talking about (essentially) HD gifs; another advancement in video technology. You could also argue that's far too similar to TV, so they'd never do that.

So yeah, you could be on to something. Maybe not.

I wonder if they'd be willing to use the internet as a motif for Persona 5 even though that's going to be the motif for Persona 4 Dancing.

And yeah, video sounds like it'd be similar to TV, so I wonder if they'd be willing to do that as well. Like you say, we can't really determine anything either way because we have so little to go on. Really, there's just that trailer and Hashino saying there was a hidden hint revolving around the chairs.

Top Bottom