• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Resilient

I have a question for you guys getting PersonaQ - if you're importing it , what site are you importing from? I've left it a bit late lol :(

CorvoSol

So, I made this for the Artgafers: redraw a modern character to look like a old videogame cartoon thread (I encourage the visit, becuase people are doing amazing art there) and Lunar15 told me to post them here for other persona fans to see. I didn't even knew about a persona community in neogaf, so I will probably be hanging here more time. BTW Just saw in the OP the art Dantis makes and it's absolutely magnificent! :O

It all started as a small scooby doo parody I wanted to make fast, but I had so much fun I wanted to do the whole thing, so at the end I started looking for all the Hanna Babera teenager detective series (Scooby Doo, Jabberjaw, Captain Caveman, Speed Buggie, The Funky Phantom...) to get some different traits to give the Persona cast more variants (not making Rise and Yukiko both look like Daphne and Naoto and Chie like Velma for example). Teddie was also a mix between characters from The Bear Bunch, Yogui, Jabberjaw and Scooby. The most difficult characters without a doubt were Kanji and Naoto, I needed to give them a more amercanized style that fitted a Hanna Babera 1970's cartoon, so I made Kanji a full greaser, as the original has already some traits of that, and Naoto had to look more of how the west knows detectives, so I changed her hat and clothes. Not only that but I had to somewhat capture the androginy of Naoto into an amarican cartoon way. The easy way out would have been do exactly a Velma, but I didn't feel this captured to much some Naoto traits in the game (slim, cute for guys and girls...), so that why I started with the main frame of Velma, and went changing the various things that made her look too tomboyish.
The Midnight Machine was the last thing I did, and added the style of the Persona 4 menus to it, because comparing it to the original Scooby Doo van, it made lots of sense. Then I thought it would probably have been more fun to make a parody of the Velvet Room limousine, but it was to late lol.

Someone at Atlus PR congratulated me for my Persona 4 drawings, and seems its already circulating through tumblr (I need yet to make one), so Im really happy hearing that :D
Would love to do more with it in the future, like scenes capturing the villians, a persona 4 dialog screen mock up, etc.., because I had lot's of fun doing them, but right now I want to draw other things in that thread.

1920x1080 Desktop Wallpapers:

High resolution characters:

PSVita Wallpapers (and lock screen):

And some avatars (Chie's avatar is already taken by Thores):
yuavatarn8u1q.jpg
chieavatarfeuig.jpg
teddieandyosukeavatarksuz4.jpg
yukikoavatar69uw4.jpg
kanjiavatarbqusj.jpg
riseavatarcnufu.jpg
naotoavatarwaufg.jpg

And a small VHS mock-up (it's using a real scooby-doo background and tinted it with a yellow color adding also some fog so I looked more like american Inaba):
hannabarberapersona4v2hc49.png

I hope you like them! :D

This is the greatest thing. Oh my gosh. Naoto and Rise as Velma and Daphne especially.

Caladrius

Those oscillating pink balls are definitely peculiar. I don't think there's a single character in P4U that can currently produce that effect with any of their moves.

Those oscillating pink balls are definitely peculiar. I don't think there's a single character in P4U that can currently produce that effect.

Those oscillating pink balls are definitely peculiar.

Oscillating pink balls.

I've beaten P4G and P3FES, I've started P3P and don't like the battle style change. I was so used to exploiting the AI battle turns for their weaknesses, now that I realize its more like P4 it changes it up a bit. I'm trying it on Maniac mode just to make the battles harder for myself otherwise it gets kind of easy. I'm really in-between the to playstyles for these P3 games. Wondering if I should continue and beat the game on FeMC route or not. Haven't done hers at all yet.

And fusing in P3 seems more needed then in P4 for the most part in the beginning anyways. They make you want to fuse so you don't have those weaknesses to those guardians. Something about the structure for P3 makes me really enjoy it easy to blast through when you got the flow going.

This is the greatest thing. Oh my gosh. Naoto and Rise as Velma and Daphne especially.
Thanks! Actually Rise is more based in April, from the Funky Phantom. But yeah she still a Daphne archetype, like the majority of characters in teenager Hanna Barbera cartoons, Velma is probably the most original character in the original group as they seem to neever used that archetype of girl anymore.

http://a.pomf.se/vaqjnu.webm

Saw some Japanese tweets speculating that the tease might be a new character. Gotta think more about it, but right now I'm just going to say it's Ken Amada.

Are there fans of this character? I mean seriously, yeah I know in this world there are fans of anything, but he is so awful, I would prefer anyhing besides him, even a shadow blob lol

I like Ken, I'm just not a fan of his English voice.

Maybe is that, If never heard his japanese voice. Still, how he acts in that game is too shitty for me, but that's probably becuase I don't like much the style P3 wants to go for. Aigis, Mitsuru and Akihiko are my favourtie characters from that game, the rest range from good to please shoot me, Ken (and some NPC social links) being the lowest denominators.

EDIT: Trying to find japanese voice samples in youtube... You can date him with girl mc in P3P? WTF?

kewlmyc

I'm confused as to why we don't think it's *P4 endgame spoiler*
Adachi
considering he's already been confirmed to be in the game in some way.

It could also be Margaret, since no one seems to be bringing her up. As much as I want it to be *P3 endgame spoiler*
Makoto
, that's super impractical and would be leading the game to a conclusion I wouldn't be fond of.

FluxWaveZ

Adachi

It could also be Margaret, since no one seems to be bringing her up. As much as I want it to be *P3 endgame spoiler*
Makoto
, that's super impractical and would be leading the game to a conclusion I wouldn't be fond of.

The supposed new character in the tease? Well, we don't even know if it's a new character at all, though I see people speculating more and more that it could be.

But if we're to think it's a new character, then this is the only concrete tease we have and I'm trying to look at the video closely to see a hint of what it could be. I said Ken because of what I perceive to be the character's height and because the hair color might match up, but that was just my first thought.

Maybe is that, If never heard his japanese voice. Still, how he acts in that game is too shitty for me, but that's probably becuase I don't like much the style P3 wants to go for. Aigis, Mitsuru and Akihiko are my favourtie characters from that game, the rest range from good to please shoot me, Ken (and some NPC social links) being the lowest denominators.

EDIT: Trying to find japanese voice samples in youtube... You can date him with girl mc in P3P? WTF?

I don't like Ken either, but at least he gets some character development and is somewhat important in Akihiko's arc. Fuuka, on the other hand, is just there and I couldn't care less about her. Also, her English voice sucks.

Adachi

Makoto

Yeah, I'd like to think it's
Adachi
, but the reason I think it's not is the same reason I also think it isn't
Makoto
: those are two really important characters and I don't think they would reveal something like that in PSC. Margaret or Ken seem more likely... That is, if they're indeed revealing a new character. Couldn't it be new moves?

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, I'd like to think it's
Adachi
, but the reason I think it's not is the same reason I also think it isn't
Makoto
: those are two really important characters and I don't think they would reveal something like that in PSC. Margaret or Ken seem more likely... That is, if they're indeed revealing a new character. Couldn't it be new moves?

You think they'd reveal something like that during the PSC? I'll stick with my thought that if it would be a new character, it would be revealed via the usual channels such as 4gamer, Famitsu, Dengeki or the Persona Channel before the episode airs in two weeks time.

And yes, there are a lot of seemingly new moves on display in that tease video. That's not what people are concentrating on, though, because they're trying to figure out just who or what is on the right.

Adachi

Makoto
In all honesty though, I feel out of all the characters mentioned, Margaret would be the worst to add. I feel she would be too similar to Elizabeth, I would vastly prefer Ken.

Meia

In all honesty though, I feel out of all the characters mentioned, Margaret would be the worst to add. I feel she would be too similar to Elizabeth, I would vastly prefer Ken.

Congratulations, I do believe this is the first time in PersonaGAF history that this bolded section contained all of those words in that order. :p

PK Gaming

It just occurred to me that those pink balls could be a new move for an existing character.

I've beaten P4G and P3FES, I've started P3P and don't like the battle style change. I was so used to exploiting the AI battle turns for their weaknesses, now that I realize its more like P4 it changes it up a bit. I'm trying it on Maniac mode just to make the battles harder for myself otherwise it gets kind of easy. I'm really in-between the to playstyles for these P3 games. Wondering if I should continue and beat the game on FeMC route or not. Haven't done hers at all yet.

And fusing in P3 seems more needed then in P4 for the most part in the beginning anyways. They make you want to fuse so you don't have those weaknesses to those guardians. Something about the structure for P3 makes me really enjoy it easy to blast through when you got the flow going.

There's little point to playing through Makoto's path if you've already beaten FES. Restart, and play through FeMC's path to experience the new social links/atmosphere.

I don't like Ken either, but at least he gets some character development and is somewhat important in Akihiko's arc. Fuuka, on the other hand, is just there and I couldn't care less about her. Also, her English voice sucks.

Oh yeah, I know he gets character development, doesn't make him any less terrible. But you are right, Fuuka is also bad.

Haha, well I guess this is the part when my slink with pgaf goes in reverse then.

"You feel as if you've gained a new insight into your Junior Member..."

"Your relationship is stronger now!

Hahahaha, ok im dying here. So perfect!

Maybe is that, If never heard his japanese voice.

If you wanna who voices Ken, in Japanese it's Megumi Ogata, the same person who voiced....
Shinji Ikari(Neon Genesis Evangelion) and Makoto Naegi (Danganronpa)

And in English it's Mona Marshall, the same person who voiced....
Izzy Izumi (Digimon) and Toboe (Wolf's Rain)

Yeah that, I haven't finished P3P all they way through so I can't say anything about it, though I am thankful they toned that down in the English version of the game, because TBH, I found that kinda creepy.

Top Bottom