• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

That's pretty damn awesome. Good job dude.

They look absolutely fantastic!

Thanks a bunch! :D

Saw those the other day. Very cool, well done!
Was just looking this morning your tumblr with your drawings. I love them!

Had a feeling you didn't just stick with Scooby Do for the designs. Forgot there was a TON of shows that were very similar made by the same company way back when(haven't seen them since I was a kid). Everything is just very well done, and it's cool you went the extra mile for all the wallpapers/avatars.

Love the idea of Kanji almost looking like Fonz here. :p

They were so similar some of them even had the same scripts! lol
BTW Did you know that it looks like the Fonz because thats actually one of the things I found? Hanna Barbera even had a Happy Days cartoon with a space girl included!

I can't get over that Hannah Barbera Naoto. It makes me laugh so hard. It's perfect.

I had a lot of fun drawing Naoto, I was laughing as I was drawing the sherlock holmes hat becuase it fitted so perfectly hahahaha.

Dantis

I don't know what to draw next. Dancing All Night outfits for everyone? Super Sentai? Something completely different?

Also, I'm going to do another run of sketches. Any character/costume requests?

I don't know what to draw next. Dancing All Night outfits for everyone? Super Sentai? Something completely different?

Also, I'm going to do another run of sketches. Any character/costume requests?

Adachi and Nanako. Probably not the most popular choices around here, but i think you've drawn everyone else?

If possible, draw a grown up nanako. Any adachi picture = automatic win. :)

If you're dead set against these two, then maybe Akihiko?

Dantis

Adachi and Nanako. Probably not the most popular choices around here, but i think you've drawn everyone else?

If possible, draw a grown up nanako. Any adachi picture = automatic win. :)

If you're dead set against these two, then maybe Akihiko?

I had an amazing idea for Nanako, Dojima and Narukami, as it happens, so I'll do that.

Draw Junpei in his Ultimax costume. I don't think you've drawn that outifit before!

I have, for Jintor's art trade, but I can do it again.

Lunar15

Have you ever really drawn the shadow versions of any of the characters, Dantis? That might be a fun thing to do, since it'd lead to some pretty fun facial expressions.

If not that, just draw everyone wrestling with luchador masks.

Jintor

because you want to expand your artistic horizons?

and you asked for something completely different. I noticed you hadn't done any backgrounds. Thus...

arue

New video!
More battles, more problems. with sub-personas.

Next PSC is on April 25th! And will show EXCLUSIVE PQ and P4AU gameplay! Trailer.

and poster

and charm

Wow I like that new Titania artwork. I'm guessing that they will use the new Persona designs for the new Persona games (except for P4U of course).

Dantis, if you have trouble drawing backgrounds, I suggest using Google sketchup to make your own background and draw on top of it. It sounds like cheating, but that's how I did some of my background drawings.
There is a superb tutorial if you want to look into it.

Dantis, if you have trouble drawing backgrounds, I suggest using Google sketchup to make your own background and draw on top of it. It sounds like cheating, but that's how I did some of my background drawings.

Never seen this before. I may have to look into it. Thanks.

As someone who is getting more into drawing, I can see where Dantis is coming from. Drawing backgrounds is nowhere near as exciting as drawing characters. To each their own though.

Dantis

Never seen this before. I may have to look into it. Thanks.

As someone who is getting more into drawing, I can see where Dantis is coming from. Drawing backgrounds is nowhere near as exciting as drawing characters. To each their own though.

To draw a good background, you have to put a lot of work into it. I'd rather put that time into the characters, personally.

Maybe I'll do a more scene-focused piece of fanart sometime, but it's not something I have much interest in when it comes to Persona.

Wow I like that new Titania artwork. I'm guessing that they will use the new Persona designs for the new Persona games (except for P4U of course).

That a good way of practising doing backgrounds.

New video!
More battles, more problems. with sub-personas.

Next PSC is on April 25th! And will show EXCLUSIVE PQ and P4AU gameplay! Trailer.

and poster
884qFl1.jpg

and charm
5KqxZMo.jpg

that random encounter sound reminds me a bit of one of the Persona 1 random encounter sounds.

I cant wait for this vid to be translated cuz I want to learn how the sub Personas work.

Gazoinks

So, I made this for the Artgafers: redraw a modern character to look like a old videogame cartoon thread (I encourage the visit, becuase people are doing amazing art there) and Lunar15 told me to post them here for other persona fans to see. I didn't even knew about a persona community in neogaf, so I will probably be hanging here more time. BTW Just saw in the OP the art Dantis makes and it's absolutely magnificent! :O

It all started as a small scooby doo parody I wanted to make fast, but I had so much fun I wanted to do the whole thing, so at the end I started looking for all the Hanna Babera teenager detective series (Scooby Doo, Jabberjaw, Captain Caveman, Speed Buggie, The Funky Phantom...) to get some different traits to give the Persona cast more variants (not making Rise and Yukiko both look like Daphne and Naoto and Chie like Velma for example). Teddie was also a mix between characters from The Bear Bunch, Yogui, Jabberjaw and Scooby. The most difficult characters without a doubt were Kanji and Naoto, I needed to give them a more amercanized style that fitted a Hanna Babera 1970's cartoon, so I made Kanji a full greaser, as the original has already some traits of that, and Naoto had to look more of how the west knows detectives, so I changed her hat and clothes. Not only that but I had to somewhat capture the androginy of Naoto into an amarican cartoon way. The easy way out would have been do exactly a Velma, but I didn't feel this captured to much some Naoto traits in the game (slim, cute for guys and girls...), so that why I started with the main frame of Velma, and went changing the various things that made her look too tomboyish.
The Midnight Machine was the last thing I did, and added the style of the Persona 4 menus to it, because comparing it to the original Scooby Doo van, it made lots of sense. Then I thought it would probably have been more fun to make a parody of the Velvet Room limousine, but it was to late lol.

Someone at Atlus PR congratulated me for my Persona 4 drawings, and seems its already circulating through tumblr (I need yet to make one), so Im really happy hearing that :D
Would love to do more with it in the future, like scenes capturing the villians, a persona 4 dialog screen mock up, etc.., because I had lot's of fun doing them, but right now I want to draw other things in that thread.

1920x1080 Desktop Wallpapers:

High resolution characters:

PSVita Wallpapers (and lock screen):

And some avatars (Chie's avatar is already taken by Thores):
yuavatarn8u1q.jpg
chieavatarfeuig.jpg
teddieandyosukeavatarksuz4.jpg
yukikoavatar69uw4.jpg
kanjiavatarbqusj.jpg
riseavatarcnufu.jpg
naotoavatarwaufg.jpg

And a small VHS mock-up (it's using a real scooby-doo background and tinted it with a yellow color adding also some fog so I looked more like american Inaba):
hannabarberapersona4v2hc49.png

I hope you like them! :D

Man, this is a thing of beauty. Awesome work.

Sophia

Freaking The Answer, man, forcing me to use
Metis when I dropped her like the sack of hot shit she is the first chance I had.

This is not the game's fault you failed to use a character who has no weaknesses. :p

Also, this was foreshadowed at the beginning of The Answer.

This is not the game's fault you failed to use a character who has no weaknesses. :p

Also, this was foreshadowed at the beginning of The Answer.
I had very little clue what the heck was going on in the opening scene and figured whatever it was was going to play out in a scene like it did.

FluxWaveZ

Hoping we'll finally see a release date for P4AU in Japan.

I doubt they'd announce that on the talk show itself, right? Heck, I doubt they'd unveil anything significant about P4AU via PSC. I bet they'd be restricted to showing more of what has already been known.

That is, unless Atlus has found PSC to be successful/popular enough to make it a venue for official news unveilings.

Setsu00

I doubt they'd announce that on the talk show itself, right? Heck, I doubt they'd unveil anything significant about P4AU via PSC. I bet they'd be restricted to showing more of what has already been known.

That is, unless Atlus has found PSC to be successful/popular enough to make it a venue for official news unveilings.

The first show reached one million viewers rather quickly and now they're starting to stream promos for new episodes. I guess PSC is quite popular.

kewlmyc

You monster

You're a Metis fan?

1Aq39FP.gif

Persona Direct? I wouldn't mind this.

FluxWaveZ

The first show reached one million viewers rather quickly and now they're starting to stream promos for new episodes. I guess PSC is quite popular.

Whoa, what? 1 million viewers? Where did you get that from?

You're right, though. Showing off a trailer for the next episode is new as is actually announcing its airing date so early before it happens, so that might be an indication that they have more faith in it than they had before.

Persona Direct? I wouldn't mind this.

Having PSC evolve into a semi-regular Persona Direct sure would be something.

Meia

Freaking The Answer, man, forcing me to use
Metis when I dropped her like the sack of hot shit she is the first chance I had.

You got Meia syndrome lol

Ayep, I know that feel bro. Atrocious game design.

"Hey, I know you just played 100 hour RPG with characters you know and probably love, let's
introduce this new one for the epilogue, then punish you majorly for not wanting to use this new thing that you don't know, and was introduced to you when she tried to kill everybody you care about!"

E-yuck.

Ayep, I know that feel bro. Atrocious game design.

"Hey, I know you just played 100 hour RPG with characters you know and probably love, let's
introduce this new one for the epilogue, then punish you majorly for not wanting to use this new thing that you don't know, and was introduced to you when she tried to kill everybody you care about!"

E-yuck.
I agree quite strongly. Forcing character choices in RPGs where there is no shared experience is a big time game design no-no. Especially late game.

Meia

I agree quite strongly. Forcing character choices in RPGs where there is no shared experience is a big time game design no-no. Especially late game.

I mean, it is something P3 does at times too, which isn't as bad as it sounds because usually for the month someone is absent you get access to a new character that actually fits into the fight you have to do somewhat well. But there's that one decision near the end of the Answer that's just a brick wall.

I had an all-star persona lineup too. I had each of every severe element with each having +boost AND +amp, good healing personas, good physical, etc. Then I get stuck with a lv 70-ish Aigis in the last few fights and a lv25 Metis. Going back and trying to do hard-mode random fights with a character that can be one shot and has to survive to get any exp is a fool's errand, but somewhat doable until you get her to the 40s or so and from then on you'll have to grind for HOURS to be able to do it.

This was the point where I literally turned off the Answer and went for youtube. :p

FluxWaveZ

Created a .webm of the blurry P4U2 tease during the PSC promo:
http://a.pomf.se/dqzwcn.webm

I have to figure it out before April 25th, heh. Just trying to analyze the characters that are in play there: it's obvious that the one on the left is Shadow Junpei—or at least Junpei—based on their movements and dimensions, but the one on the right is nuts; I can't tell what's going on at all.

QLhhExQ.png

From that pic, the one on the right (if there even is a character) seems small and with orange or brownish hair? Wearing a hint of green? Possibly Chie, but the profile seems too short. And the character in question is doing weird crap like floating above the screen with a green aura.

Or maybe it's, like, a home run derby mode where Junpei's on one side of the screen trying to bat away balls with increasingly odd trajectories? Probably not, since I'm sure the above webm is supposed to be a preview of an actual match between the two hosts.

Possibilities. They wouldn't blur it so heavily if it wasn't something, right?

Created a .webm of the blurry P4U2 tease during the PSC promo:
http://a.pomf.se/dqzwcn.webm

I have to figure it out before April 25th, heh. Just trying to analyze the characters that are in play there: it's obvious that the one on the left is Shadow Junpei—or at least Junpei—based on their movements and dimensions, but the one on the right is nuts; I can't tell what's going on at all.

QLhhExQ.png

From that pic, the one on the right (if there even is a character) seems small and with orange or brownish hair? Wearing a hint of green? Possibly Chie, but the profile seems too short. And the character in question is doing weird crap like floating above the screen with a green aura.

Or maybe it's, like, a home run derby mode where Junpei's on one side of the screen trying to bat away balls with increasingly odd trajectories? Probably not, since I'm sure the above webm is supposed to be a preview of an actual match between the two hosts.

Possibilities. They wouldn't blur it so heavily if it wasn't something, right?

I'm thinking it is a new character, but... Would they really use PSC to reveal something like that? What do you think?

FluxWaveZ

I'm thinking it is a new character, but... Would they really use PSC to reveal something like that? What do you think?

Nah, like I said, a new character would seem like too big of a thing for PSC unless Atlus thinks the show is big enough to give it exclusive news like that before it passes through any other outlet.

Not confident it's a new character yet. If it is, I think we'd hear about it through the usual venues before the PSC airs, which could be a place where they would show off more of the character in question.

FluxWaveZ

Looks like Yukari to me. She uses a green attack to lift people up:

Plus, note all the pink on one side.

Could you give timeframes in the webm to what you're referring to? When is she using Magaru? The only non nebulous projectile I'm seeing from the right side are the two, slowly floating pink balls. The rest of the pink is on Junpei's side, and that might just be the stage coloring.

Top Bottom