• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Shout out to NichM. #worsethandead

Oh did you do one? If so, link it again!

If you say so~

oBbMlf3.png

Jinto

I got through over half of the story modes in P4A to the cliffhanger part. A few have been really great so far, I must say. Do I need to play all of them before I can see any of the resolutions?

FluxWaveZ

I got through over half of the story modes in P4A to the cliffhanger part. A few have been really great so far, I must say. Do I need to play all of them before I can see any of the resolutions?

I think you need to finish Labrys' story before you unlock the ability to continue from the other characters' cliffhangers.

Wonder what the next PQ thing is gonna be in a few hours. Character videos for the Velvet Room? An elaborate trailer? Some PQ 3DS XL accessory? I'm gonna bet it's going to be another battle gameplay trailer, which naturally means that's not what it's gonna be.

Will definitely be playing as Makoto the first time, if just for the music alone. Also really excited to be hearing more news on P4AU!

edit: Who do I have to throw all my money at for that poster?

Xenoflare

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800118

New PQ stuff

I need the OST. I neeeeed itttttttt.

I wonder if you can use a team w/o the protags in P3/P4 at all.

I'm really digging the sub persona system, everyone can use their iconic personas and classic SMT demon personas at the same time.

From the trailer it seems only the 2 protags can call out the names for the sub personas.

I also hope this game let your benchwarmers gain exp without fighting at a scale, but I don't think that'll ever happen.

Also the SP cost of skills. Goddamn.

So, I made this for the Artgafers: redraw a modern character to look like a old videogame cartoon thread (I encourage the visit, becuase people are doing amazing art there) and Lunar15 told me to post them here for other persona fans to see. I didn't even knew about a persona community in neogaf, so I will probably be hanging here more time. BTW Just saw in the OP the art Dantis makes and it's absolutely magnificent! :O

It all started as a small scooby doo parody I wanted to make fast, but I had so much fun I wanted to do the whole thing, so at the end I started looking for all the Hanna Babera teenager detective series (Scooby Doo, Jabberjaw, Captain Caveman, Speed Buggie, The Funky Phantom...) to get some different traits to give the Persona cast more variants (not making Rise and Yukiko both look like Daphne and Naoto and Chie like Velma for example). Teddie was also a mix between characters from The Bear Bunch, Yogui, Jabberjaw and Scooby. The most difficult characters without a doubt were Kanji and Naoto, I needed to give them a more amercanized style that fitted a Hanna Babera 1970's cartoon, so I made Kanji a full greaser, as the original has already some traits of that, and Naoto had to look more of how the west knows detectives, so I changed her hat and clothes. Not only that but I had to somewhat capture the androginy of Naoto into an amarican cartoon way. The easy way out would have been do exactly a Velma, but I didn't feel this captured to much some Naoto traits in the game (slim, cute for guys and girls...), so that why I started with the main frame of Velma, and went changing the various things that made her look too tomboyish.
The Midnight Machine was the last thing I did, and added the style of the Persona 4 menus to it, because comparing it to the original Scooby Doo van, it made lots of sense. Then I thought it would probably have been more fun to make a parody of the Velvet Room limousine, but it was to late lol.

Someone at Atlus PR congratulated me for my Persona 4 drawings, and seems its already circulating through tumblr (I need yet to make one), so Im really happy hearing that :D
Would love to do more with it in the future, like scenes capturing the villians, a persona 4 dialog screen mock up, etc.., because I had lot's of fun doing them, but right now I want to draw other things in that thread.

1920x1080 Desktop Wallpapers:

High resolution characters:

PSVita Wallpapers (and lock screen):

And some avatars (Chie's avatar is already taken by Thores):
yuavatarn8u1q.jpg
chieavatarfeuig.jpg
teddieandyosukeavatarksuz4.jpg
yukikoavatar69uw4.jpg
kanjiavatarbqusj.jpg
riseavatarcnufu.jpg
naotoavatarwaufg.jpg

And a small VHS mock-up (it's using a real scooby-doo background and tinted it with a yellow color adding also some fog so I looked more like american Inaba):
hannabarberapersona4v2hc49.png

I hope you like them! :D

kewlmyc

So, I made this for the Artgafers: redraw a modern character to look like a old videogame cartoon thread (I encourage the visit, becuase people are doing amazing art there) and Lunar15 told me to post them here for other persona fans to see. I didn't even knew about a persona community in neogaf, so I will probably be hanging here more time. BTW Just saw in the OP the art Dantis makes and it's absolutely magnificent! :O

It all started as a small scooby doo parody I wanted to make fast, but I had so much fun I wanted to do the whole thing, so at the end I started looking for all the Hanna Babera teenager detective series (Scooby Doo, Jabberjaw, Captain Caveman, Speed Buggie, The Funky Phantom...) to get some different traits to give the Persona cast more variants (not making Rise and Yukiko both look like Daphne and Naoto and Chie like Velma for example). Teddie was also a mix between characters from The Bear Bunch, Yogui, Jabberjaw and Scooby. The most difficult characters without a doubt were Kanji and Naoto, I needed to give them a more amercanized style that fitted a Hanna Babera 1970's cartoon, so I made Kanji a full greaser, as the original has already some traits of that, and Naoto had to look more of how the west knows detectives, so I changed her hat and clothes. Not only that but I had to somewhat capture the androginy of Naoto into an amarican cartoon way. The easy way out would have been do exactly a Velma, but I didn't feel this captured to much some Naoto traits in the game (slim, cute for guys and girls...), so that why I started with the main frame of Velma, and went changing the various things that made her look too tomboyish.
The Midnight Machine was the last thing I did, and added the style of the Persona 4 menus to it, because comparing it to the original Scooby Doo van, it made lots of sense. Then I thought it would probably have been more fun to make a parody of the Velvet Room limousine, but it was to late lol.

Someone at Atlus PR congratulated me for my Persona 4 drawings, and seems its already circulating through tumblr (I need yet to make one), so Im really happy hearing that :D
Would love to do more with it in the future, like scenes capturing the villians, a persona 4 dialog screen mock up, etc.., because I had lot's of fun doing them, but right now I want to draw other things in that thread.

1920x1080 Desktop Wallpapers:

High resolution characters:

PSVita Wallpapers (and lock screen):

And some avatars (Chie's avatar is already taken by Thores):
yuavatarn8u1q.jpg
chieavatarfeuig.jpg
teddieandyosukeavatarksuz4.jpg
yukikoavatar69uw4.jpg
kanjiavatarbqusj.jpg
riseavatarcnufu.jpg
naotoavatarwaufg.jpg

And a small VHS mock-up (it's using a real scooby-doo background and tinted it with a yellow color adding also some fog so I looked more like american Inaba):
hannabarberapersona4v2hc49.png

I hope you like them! :D
That's pretty damn awesome. Good job dude.

FluxWaveZ

I was right about the battle video! At least this one's better than the first one in terms of content shown, at least for me.

I wonder if that PSC P4U2 footage is going to be anything special. I'm not getting too excited about it seeing what happened the last time, but actual game footage sounds promising, at least, and maybe it'll show off some changes from the new version. Maybe it'll also be the start of the media cycle for the console version of the game.

Trying to figure out what's going on during that blurry footage: it looks like it's taking place in the P4U2 version of the Stairs stage. It looks to me like Shadow Junpei's on the left and that he's spamming a move where he's batting baseballs at the opponent? And I can't tell what the heck's going on to the right; It's like the character's made of a stream of colors. All I can maybe say is that it looks like the character in question throws out two pink, ball shaped projectiles that slowly float up and down together for a short distance until they stop and remain still. It could be Labrys' SB Bubble move, but I've never seen it in action, so I'm not sure. I have a feeling that's not what it is, though, looking at footage of the normal version, and I can't think of any other character move that looks like that (aside from Mitsuru's Marin Karin, but that would be weird).

Meia

Had a feeling you didn't just stick with Scooby Do for the designs. Forgot there was a TON of shows that were very similar made by the same company way back when(haven't seen them since I was a kid). Everything is just very well done, and it's cool you went the extra mile for all the wallpapers/avatars.

Love the idea of Kanji almost looking like Fonz here. :p

Top Bottom