• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Does it really, though?

It's funny that I was very disappointed in P4A since there was only one playable antagonist, which I found to be ridiculous, and now the majority of playable characters in P4U2 are antagonists.

The only new playable bad guy in ultimax is Sho. Everyone else is on the side of good. We need some more antagonists.
Adachi, Izanami, T Mutton, your're up. :)

FluxWaveZ

The only new playable bad guy in ultimax is Sho. Everyone else is on the side of good. We need some more antagonists.
Adachi, Izanami, T Mutton, your're up. :)
iFjwo4FwseWWL.gif

Heh, uh, did you forget about the Shadows?

Number of good guys = 14 (16 if there's Ken and Rise)
Number of bad guys = 16 (18 if there's Shadow Ken and Shadow Rise)

Being a fighting game doesn't excuse P4A from having poor writing. If anything they tried a little too hard and it comes off as awkward given the LN/fighting game format.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
- A "Tartarus Mode" (like BB's Abyss Mode) where you climb floors of Tartarus, fighting progressively stronger (Shadow) opponents. Defeating enemies grants the player currency, which they then spend on items (temporary buff/debuff items), armor (granting defense bonuses) and weapons (granting offense bonuses). Players will also gain experience, leveling them up like an RPG. Damage players receive is semi-consistent between matches. Certain Tartarus floors will have boss characters, which are significantly buffed versions of common ones, possibly with special attributes... Might be a bit too involved for an arcade mode, heh.

That'd kinda be like GG:XX's M.O.M. mode.

Crush said:
If anything they tried a little too hard and it comes off as awkward given the LN/fighting game format.

Never played an ASW fighter before? That's how it is in Battlefantasia, GG, BB... P4U...

If anything, they should just drop the story part. Same for P4:Hatsune Miku clone. Leave the story to comics and JRPGs, plz.

iFjwo4FwseWWL.gif

Heh, uh, did you forget about the Shadows?

Number of good guys = 14 (16 if there's Ken and Rise)
Number of bad guys = 16 (18 if there's Shadow Ken and Shadow Rise)

I guess, but they're just the same characters with some minor tweaks and new intro/win poses. Im referring to a completely new character, not a clone.

Im guessing the tease at the end of the ps3/xbox trailer was a grown up Ken lol.

FluxWaveZ

I guess, but they're just the same characters with some minor tweaks and new intro/win poses. Im referring to a completely new character, not a clone.

Im guessing the tease at the end of the ps3/xbox trailer was grown up Ken lol.

Then Shadow Yukari, Shadow Junpei, Shadow Ken, Shadow Rise, Sho and Persona Sho? Though I guess the last two would be inapplicable together by what you're saying. They're still antagonists, and that's all I really needed.

Uh, no. It was obviously the person that it obviously is.

Lunar15

It's personal taste, but I have no desire to see P4's villian in Ultimax. I'd much rather get all of our protagonists first (Ken, Koro, Rise, Margaret, Shinji, Minato, etc,) before we get someone like him.

Sophia

Yeah, it's Ken wearing a suit going "Oh man... you never learn" in a threatening background looking evil.

Never mind the Japanese trailer having voice acting. =P

(P4 spoils!)
Mitsuaki Madono has a rather unique (read: he looks down on people) way of speaking as Adachi too.

In all seriousness though, I come from a background of playing capcom fighting games. Usually, a good portion of the Street fighter roster consist of clone characters. It would be nice if Ultimax could expand the roster as much as possible without cloning.

Everyone that has spoken to me about Ultimax knows that I want
Adachi
in more than ever....
especially since he was heavily teased

Who am I kidding? After watching that trailer again, the person at the end is clearly Mitsuru. :p

Rise should play like UMvC3 Ghost Rider but good

Penance Stare and everything
I'm down.

It would be amazing if Rise went through a hardcore biker chick phase after P4Arena. The events of Ultimax make her realize it's dumb, and she changes into her Golden epilogue look by the end of it. Canon solved.

At this point, I don't even care about canon just gimme more ridiculous things.

FluxWaveZ

It would be amazing if Rise went through a hardcore biker chick phase after P4Arena. The events of Ultimax make her realize it's dumb, and she changes into her Golden epilogue look by the end of it. Canon solved.

So from the two days between P4U and P4U2, Rise decided it would be a good idea to learn how to fight because she knew shit was about to hit the fan, so she decided to change her look and learn how to use a chain as a weapon?

Sure.

kewlmyc

So from the two days between P4U and P4U2, Rise decided it would be a good idea to learn how to fight because she knew shit was about to hit the fan, so she decided to change her look and learn how to use a chain as a weapon?

Sure.

We're talking about a series where we have talking toasters and a teddie bear that gives birth to teenage boys. Anything is possible.

FluxWaveZ

We're talking about a series where we have talking toasters and a teddie bear that gives birth to teenage boys. Anything is possible.

Heh, well anyways, it'd be hilarious if Rise's the clumsiest looking fighter in the game because she really did just learn how to fight in a few days.

All I'm gonna say the matter from the last page is that humor like anything is subjective, what I may find funny to me, may not be funny to another person here.
A good example of this is Ouran High School Host Club
I find the show hilarious and quite a good comedy(And this is coming from a guy), despite it being more of a show for girls. But someone else may not find it funny at all, and I respect their opinion as such, as it's not everyone's cup of tea.
Everyone has different tastes here, just gotta respect them for it.

And about P4U, Tartarus Mode does sound interesting. Though will see soon enough of whether or not it's in there.

It's still fucking weird that they hinted at a character that's only going to be a NPC in story mode.

Street Fighter V: "Hey everyone! R.Mika's back!! She's has a few lines in Zangief's story mode. Wait, why are you upset?"

Yeah, if he isn't playable, then that is a massive troll on Atlus's part. Can you imagine if Capcom pulled a stunt like that? They would be terrorized by their fanbase, and the media.

FluxWaveZ

It's still fucking weird that they hinted at a character that's only going to be a NPC in story mode.

Well, the story's still a big part of that game and it's a major returning character, so I wouldn't say it's that weird.

Yeah, if he isn't playable, then that is a massive troll on Atlus's part. Can you imagine if Capcom pulled a stunt like that? They would be terrorized by their fanbase, and the media.

Capcom's fighting games don't have stories which would warrant a tease like that.

And have you heard of Decapre?

kewlmyc

Well, the story's still a big part of that game and it's a major returning character, so I wouldn't say it's that weird.

Capcom's fighting games don't have stories which would warrant a tease like that.

And have you heard of Decapre?

It's still odd though. It's like if they were to put Fuuka in a P4U trailer hyping her up or if they hinted at Jubei at the end of a BB trailer, yet he still wasn't playable. I hope he's DLC or something.

If PersonaGAF left a legacy:

-Recommending Dantis anime
-The Rock is a canon Persona character
-Pineapple pizza debates
You're purely to blame for the second one though. Also sweet pineapple on pizza is still baffling to me. I don't care what you guys say.

It's still odd though. It's like if they were to put Fuuka in a P4U trailer hyping her up or if they hinted at Jubei at the end of a BB trailer, yet he still wasn't playable. I hope he's DLC or something.

Im hoping he'll either be a preorder bonus or DLC like Kokonoe in BBCP. ASW can always just do what we all want, and throw him into game from the get go.

FluxWaveZ

It's probably important to look at the context of the trailer. The first trailer for P4U2 was an announcement trailer which was really about two things: gameplay and new character additions. Just like what they did with P4U when they revealed Aigis, they teased Sho without any indication as to how he played or who he was.

The second trailer then happened, and that one is very much just about the game's narrative. It introduces Shadow characters, but the focus isn't so much on their gameplay difference—given the quick cuts and large obstructive text—but on the fact that they are in the game and that they have a role to play in the story. Everything shown in that trailer is about the story, so it makes sense that the character shown as a "one more thing" at the end of it would also be shown from the perspective of how they relate to the game's story, and not necessarily the gameplay.

kewlmyc

It's probably important to look at the context of the trailer. The first trailer for P4U2 was an announcement trailer which was really about two things: gameplay and new character additions. Just like what they did with P4U when they revealed Aigis, they teased Sho without any indication as to how he played or who he was.

The second trailer then happened, and that one is very much just about the game's narrative. It introduces Shadow characters, but the focus isn't so much on their gameplay difference—given the quick cuts and large obstructive text—but on the fact that they are in the game and that they have a role to play in the story. Everything shown in that trailer is about the story, so it makes sense that the character shown as a "one more thing" at the end of it would also be shown from the perspective of how they relate to the game's story, and not necessarily the gameplay.

You make too much sense. I don't like it, STOP IT!!!

Top Bottom