• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Full list of balance changes: http://pastebin.com/eb7aQRds

I wonder if ver. 1.1 will also come with the new characters. We know there's at least one thing they haven't disclosed, which is what that new mode will be.

mitsuru
bufula: during the later part of the move, can cancel into any droit version
Oooooooh, that sounds like it could be fun to use, especially with the new benefit of using any driot through a bufula (droit speed-up and freeze on hit)

Dantis

My bet is on Meguro since that guest is scheduled to appear during the show's music segment.

I bet it's Kitajoh. :\

But weren't you just complaining about Space Dandy because of its absurdity?

I mean, this is kind of the thing, right? It's fine if people don't care and to a large extent it's fine if people do. People take things that they like seriously, and get upset when extensions of those things don't go the way they want them to. It's hardly a newsflash.

On the other hand, it's frustrating if you're all really hyped for something and someone comes and starts shitting all over it. Nobody wants that.

On the other hand, it's a pretty poor attempt at humour when someone tries to mock people who do care about something just because you don't. It's kind of lame and arrogant.

I think the best solution (and the one I've been trying to take with Ultimax) is to only contribute to a conversation if you have an opinion that offers some value to the conversation, but I think that generally speaking it isn't an easy stance to take on the Internet.

TL;DR Internet talk is stupid.

Sophia

I actually like Kitajoh's stuff anyhow. I think he would be pretty good on something distinctively non Persona. Heck, if Chie's theme is any indication maybe he should work on Sonic. :p

I finally met Ken last night whilst playing P3. No opinion yet, as he was only shown for about a minute.

That entire segment of meeting Aigis was brilliant. I was literally laughing out loud for a good 30 minutes. junpei, akihiko and makoto FTW.

I just finished P4G. What a love letter to a classic game. I like how the bonus stuff is weaved into the main campaign (unlike The Answer). There aren't enough accolades I can give this game.

Lunar15

I've personally never been a huge fan of Kitajoh's style, but maybe that's because he has to stick close to Meguro's.

It's kind of like Soejma, who had to stick close to Kaneko before he could really start doing his own thing.

Dantis

I actually like Kitajoh's stuff anyhow. I think he would be pretty good on something distinctively non Persona. Heck, if Chie's theme is any indication maybe he should work on Sonic. :p

I like some of Kitajoh's stuff, but I think he constrains himself too much on Persona.

I've personally never been a huge fan of Kitajoh's style, but maybe that's because he has to stick close to Meguro's.

It's kind of like Soejma, who had to stick close to Kaneko before he could really start doing his own thing.

Kitajoh actually went the opposite way to Soejima. Where Soejima has been progressively moving further and further away from Kaneko's art (to the point that it now doesn't look much Kaneko at all outside of facial structure); Kitajoh started out doing his own thing and then got moved onto Persona and started trying to (rather poorly) trying to imitate Meguro.

Sophia

His Trauma Team stuff is awesome. It'd actually be very fitting for a more classic SMT game, or may classic Devil Summoner.

Squire

Banned
you're so unbelievably wrong with this though

So you're saying you too are an ass-man?

I mean, this is kind of the thing, right? It's fine if people don't care and to a large extent it's fine if people do. People take things that they like seriously, and get upset when extensions of those things don't go the way they want them to. It's hardly a newsflash.

On the other hand, it's frustrating if you're all really hyped for something and someone comes and starts shitting all over it. Nobody wants that.

On the other hand, it's a pretty poor attempt at humour when someone tries to mock people who do care about something just because you don't. It's kind of lame and arrogant.

I think the best solution (and the one I've been trying to take with Ultimax) is to only contribute to a conversation if you have an opinion that offers some value to the conversation, but I think that generally speaking it isn't an easy stance to take on the Internet.

TL;DR Internet talk is stupid.

I have no clue what you're trying to say with all that anyway.

Jintor

maybe i'm so far gone with anime that i barely even recognise fanservice anymore, but Space Dandy is more Futurama than it is moe moe panty-shot sugoi.

I dont really notice the subtle forms of fanservice. It only becomes apparent when the anime goes out of its way to throw it in your face every 5 seconds, i.e highschool of the dead.

FluxWaveZ

maybe i'm so far gone with anime that i barely even recognise fanservice anymore, but Space Dandy is more Futurama than it is moe moe panty-shot sugoi.

Space Dandy has fanservice, but it's relatively infrequent and it's of a different type than, say, Kill la Kill.

arue

I dont really notice the subtle forms of fanservice. It only becomes apparent when the anime goes out of its way to throw it in your face every 5 seconds, i.e highschool of the dead.

I'm not really fond of fanservice. High School of the Dead has too much fanservice that I stopped watching it after episode 2 :/

Maybe that's why I like SNK and FMA because there is little to no fanservice in those anime.

Jintor

HSoTD goes so far with its fanservice it becomes absolutely fuckin' hilarious. I also like zombie stuff so that was a plus.

I will not deny that HSoTD is pure, unfiltered trash though.

Squire

Banned

Space Dandy has fanservice, but it's relatively infrequent and it's of a different type than, say, Kill la Kill.

Sure. I dislike that element, but my big hang-up is the incompetence of the humor. Every attempt falls flat for me. I like absurdity, SD just isn't funny.

Jintor

It's definitely never had anything nearly as funny as:

"You tried that new Soylent Cola? How's the taste?"
"It varies from person to person"

I feel like the humour significantly improves in Dandy right after the point where you stopped watching, but it's a show that strikes me as more amusing or I appluad its ability to go to crazy extremes than as something I'd say is truly hilarious.

FluxWaveZ

Maybe that's why I like SNK and FMA because there is little to no fanservice in those anime.

Hunter x Hunter, Attack on Titan and Jojo's also have very little, if any, fanservice. Might be one of the reasons I love those shows.

I wonder what that new P4U2 mode is going to be. I suppose ASW didn't reveal it yet because they're going to let the Famitsu/Atlus combo do it next week. I'm thinking one of the following:

- A "Tartarus Mode" (like BB's Abyss Mode) where you climb floors of Tartarus, fighting progressively stronger (Shadow) opponents. Defeating enemies grants the player currency, which they then spend on items (temporary buff/debuff items), armor (granting defense bonuses) and weapons (granting offense bonuses). Players will also gain experience, leveling them up like an RPG. Damage players receive is semi-consistent between matches. Certain Tartarus floors will have boss characters, which are significantly buffed versions of common ones, possibly with special attributes... Might be a bit too involved for an arcade mode, heh.

- Junpei's home run derby, where the player has to control Junpei and jump, run around and air dash in order to hit baseballs of varying types that are launched at him, with the objective to get as high of a score as possible. Maybe there could be certain baseballs which require a super to hit? I dunno.

- Standard survival mode. Maybe the most likely? Just beating opponent after opponent, with HP only slightly regenerating between matches.

I'm not really fond of fanservice. High School of the Dead has too much fanservice that I stopped watching it after episode 2 :/.

I would def say continue to watch it. The show overall is pretty good. It would be nice if they released a version without fanservice. From episode 6 onwards, you get it thrown at you every 5 minutes.

Hunter x Hunter, Attack on Titan and Jojo's also have very little, if any, fanservice. Might be one of the reasons I love those shows.

I wonder what that new P4U2 mode is going to be. I suppose ASW didn't reveal it yet because they're going to let the Famitsu/Atlus combo do it next week. I'm thinking one of the following:

- A "Tartarus Mode" (like BB's Abyss Mode) where you climb floors of Tartarus, fighting progressively stronger (Shadow) opponents. Defeating enemies grants the player currency, which they then spend on items (temporary buff/debuff items), armor (granting defense bonuses) and weapons (granting offense bonuses). Players will also gain experience, leveling them up like an RPG. Damage players receive is semi-consistent between matches. Certain Tartarus floors will have boss characters, which are significantly buffed versions of common ones, possibly with special attributes... Might be a bit too involved for an arcade mode, heh.

- Junpei's home run derby, where the player has to control Junpei and jump, run around and air dash in order to hit baseballs of varying types that are launched at him, with the objective to get as high of a score as possible. Maybe there could be certain baseballs which require a super to hit? I dunno.

- Standard survival mode. Maybe the most likely? Just beating opponent after opponent, with HP only slightly regenerating between matches.

Hunter X Hunter and Attack on Titan FTW. Although, i personally prefer Hunter Hunter.

It would be nice if P4U had all of those modes that you suggested. I think it could benifit from the mini-games that were featured in rival schools.

Chie - Kungfu minigame
junpei baseball minigame
aki = boxing minigame
yukari = archary minigame
etc

A taturus mode would be sweet, or even a challenge tower like in MK.

Most likely not going to happen, but it would be nice :)

Dantis

I have no clue what you're trying to say with all that anyway.

It's my way of telling you that I'm running away with your wife.

Tartarus Mode seems possible (it's been talked about a good few times). Junpei mode seems completely out of left field and would be very surprising. :p

FluxWaveZ

Junpei mode seems completely out of left field and would be very surprising. :p

- Rise Tactics Mode, where the player can give orders, as Rise, to an AI partner that is doing the actual fighting against an opponent by pressing certain button inputs. Orders such as telling them to go on the defense, go on the offense, conserve meter, spend meter, etc. The orders will be crucial to the partner's success.

- Rise Running Away Mode, where the player must evade and block an enemy's attacks as Rise for a certain period of time before moving on to the next, because she can't fight.

Caladrius

I know what can save anime.

No prizes for guessing what it is.
-
I'm just waiting for new P4U2 characters at the moment. I can't really care about the patches since I have no competitive experience (which I want to change once the game actually comes out, but still).

*rises out of the floor like Pharos* Hello.

Welcome to AnimePersonaGAF!

arue

I watched HxH since I was 11 and I still watch it until today. I haven't watched Jojo yet; the art style kind of prevented me from watching it.

I would def say continue to watch it. The show overall is pretty good. It would be nice if they released a version without fanservice. From episode 6 onwards, you get it thrown at you every 5 minutes.

If there is fanservice every 5 min, then count me out. The fanservice hinders too much of the interesting zombie plot for me.

- A "Tartarus Mode" (like BB's Abyss Mode)

Sounds interesting. I never played BB, so this would be a nice addition.

Top Bottom