• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Regarding the Podcast, could you guys give me some suggestions on what to do while listening to it? I have listened to some of the early ones and really enjoyed, but I never know what to do while listening to them D:

Squire

Banned
Speaking of which, when is the podcast going to be uploaded on to the slink site? Or have you guys got another link? Twitch, etc?

It'll go up in the site, but Lrvito will also post it here. He typically has it up the day after we record it.

Regarding the Podcast, could you guys give me some suggestions on what to do while listening to it? I have listened to some of the early ones and really enjoyed, but I never know what to do while listening to them D:

I usually play games while listening to podcasts, unless I'm traveling.

For instance: Last night I did a little grinding in FFX while finishing this week's GuabtBombcast.

Aerocrane

I usually listen to podcasts while running or playing a game that doesn't require much attention like crafting in mmos.

PK Gaming

I'm also now convinced that Sho is a sixth generation anti-Shadow android. This interview really made it obvious that they were planning a sequel all along; it'd be cool if there's a P4AU art book and it's localized sooner than the P4A one was.

It does seem like Sho is an android, when you consider his quote towards Labrys (You and I are the same), the fact that there's a plume of dusk inside, Mitsuru's win quote versus him, and the fact that his eyes are reminiscent of Aigis/Labrys. But on the other hand, Labrys points out that he's got the body of a human and the
Malevolent Entity has stated that his collaborator is human, and Sho's already admitted to being the one who tossed Labrys inside the TV.

I just really hope he isn't an android, lol.

I tend to catch up on some drawing and artwork whilst listening to the podcast. It's really entertaining. Ive lost count the amount of times that ive messed up my inking due to their jokes lol.

Other than drawing, maybe you could listen to it whilst playing the xbox; on the way to work/meeting friends; cooking, exercise, etc

FluxWaveZ

IBut on the other hand, Labrys points out that he's got the body of a human and the
Malevolent Entity has stated that his collaborator is human, and Sho's already admitted to being the one who tossed Labrys inside the TV.

Not to mention that he's as strong as Persona users without a Persona of his own and that the girl he wants to protect might be
the girl who Labrys's personality is based on, which could mean he would also have a connection to her

You're right, though, I had forgotten about those two parts. I'm not so convinced anymore, but there's definitely something up with him.

arue

I was on my second trip to Yukiko's Castle and I was killed by Positive King and his minions...

I heard a lot about these kings, but I didn't know I'd encounter them so early in the game. Good thing I was still on the 4th floor.

I'm loving P4 so far (no AI party!). I Kinda miss BABYBABYBABY from P3 but I like Reaching Out to the Truth, so no biggie.

PK Gaming

Not to mention that he's as strong as Persona users without a Persona of his own and that the girl he wants to protect might be
the girl who Labrys's personality is based on, which could mean he would also have a connection to her

You're right, though, I had forgotten about those two parts. I'm not so convinced anymore, but there's definitely something up with him.

I feel like Sho's going to make or break this game's narrative, much like how Labrys was a integral part of P4A.

Don't let me down Atlus!

pan-hime

tumblr_inline_n49gwr07PA1qmjvtr.png

I feel like Sho's going to make or break this game's narrative, much like how Labrys was a integral part of P4A.

Don't let me down Atlus!

Well, considering that they have to deal with Sho,
Malevolent Entity and possibly Adachi,
while bringing a conclution to both P3 and P4 stories (and let's not forget about
Elizabeth and her goal
), this is more than I could ask for a fighting game. I just hope that they do it well.

And I was just going to post my own impressions of the first 3 hours of Super Tits' adventures.

-The emulation job seems worse than FES from what I've seen. It's probably just my fuzzy memory but the game seems a lot jaggier and less appealing to look at. Also the "going into the TV" transition screens are super choppy. There's some incredibly noticeable input lag too (though this is probably a result of my TV).

-The intro is waaaaaaaaaaay too long, at least for someone who has gone through this before and know what happens. I understand there is a "fast-forward" option in P4 that would make things more reasonable? Either way, its ridiculous that I've played for 3 hours and I'm just now being able to dick around after school.

-Yukiko's dungeon is just not cool. most of the enemies are weak to Zio or Agi and the always attack in groups of 2 or 3. Not cool, Atlus.

-Got instawiped already! Got caught off guard by a mabufu-casting enemy while equipped with an ice-weak persona. That was unfortunate.

-The music is good, but I much prefer the hip-hop influenced soundtrack of FES.

-The intro was meh.

FluxWaveZ

Well, considering that they have to deal with Sho,
Malevolent Entity and possibly Adachi,
while bringing a conclution to both P3 and P4 stories (and let's not forget about
Elizabeth and her goal
), this is more than I could ask for a fighting game. I just hope that they do it well.

Here are the lingering threads (assuming that none are omitted due to there being no canon P4A story route as of yet):
- Identity of the mysterious girl the Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapons are based off of since gen. 5.
- Identity of the Eerie voice.
- Identity of the Malevolent Entity.
- Concrete details on members and operations of the Shadow Operatives (potentially optional)
- The meaning of Elizabeth gaining the Fool arcana.
- The reason behind Tartarus and the Dark Hour's return.
- The reason behind the red fog covering Inaba and the townsfolk's disappearance.
- Adachi's objective and motivations.
- The identity of Sho and why he seemingly has a link to Yasogami high given the shirt around his waist.
- The objective of Sho.
- The reason behind Sho's split personalities and arcana.
- The reason Rise can fight.
- The reason why the Shadow Ops from the previous game have been captured and crucified, and why Fuuka has been kidnapped.
- The reason behind there being another tournament, and why Dictator Teddie has returned alongside his fake Rise sidekick.
- The explanation behind the TV world seeping into the real world as well as the presence of the Shadows.
Not to mention any other that I might have missed. It's a lot to cover. The determining factor for me concerning whether the story turns out to be shit or not is how it's going to be structured this time around. If they follow the individual character chapter routes, they cannot contradict each other. If they contradict each other, there MUST be a true story route that conveys how things actually happened.

I tend to catch up on some drawing and artwork whilst listening to the podcast. It's really entertaining. Ive lost count the amount of times that ive messed up my inking due to their jokes lol.
Other than drawing, maybe you could listen to it whilst playing the xbox; on the way to work/meeting friends; cooking, exercise, etc
I usually listen to podcasts while running or playing a game that doesn't require much attention like crafting in mmos.
I usually play games while listening to podcasts, unless I'm traveling.
For instance: Last night I did a little grinding in FFX while finishing this week's GuabtBombcast.
Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I may listen to it later while playing Bit.Trip Runner 2.
I'll probably re-listen the few I have already listened to. The one with Erin Fitzgerald was truly amazing.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
It does seem like Sho is an android, when you consider his quote towards Labrys (You and I are the same), the fact that there's a plume of dusk inside, Mitsuru's win quote versus him, and the fact that his eyes are reminiscent of Aigis/Labrys. But on the other hand, Labrys points out that he's got the body of a human and the

I just really hope he isn't an android, lol.

Same,only girls should be androids in Persona-world.

Aerocrane

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I may listen to it later while playing Bit.Trip Runner 2.
I'll probably re-listen the few I have already listened to. The one with Erin Fitzgerald was truly amazing.

Nooo not Bit.Trip Runner :( Music is vital for the gameplay, as it forms the rhythm of the movement.

Levito

Banned
I'll have a listen later today!

I'll try and get it up soon, it was a fun discussion. Corvo is a natural, wait till you hear him drop bombs!

(I didn't bring up Fate/Zero though)

Though if you like the PS2 RPG Rogue Galaxy, you may not like this one. Armada and I poke fun of it for like the lat 10 mins of the podcast, I was in tears. Love that game, but boy is it dumb.

Nooo not Bit.Trip Runner :( Music is vital for the gameplay, as it forms the rhythm of the movement.
I know, but that's what I'm playing at the moment. I wouldn't say it's vital though; it's very good and fits the gameplay for sure, but I have already tried playing with other music in the background and enjoyed it even more :)

Anyway, a lot of the Podcast Links seems to be down. Is it a problem on my part? I can download 1 and 2, but from 3 onwards I get an error, like the file is missing.
EDIT: It works now :D

Squire

Banned
I'll try and get it up soon, it was a fun discussion. Corvo is a natural, wait till you hear him drop bombs!

(I didn't bring up Fate/Zero though)

Though if you like the PS2 RPG Rogue Galaxy, you may not like this one. Armada and I poke fun of it for like the lat 10 mins of the podcast, I was in tears. Love that game, but boy is it dumb.

You've failed me.

If I was brought on that podcast I would have brought up Mother 3 like no other

No other

Worse than dead.
Unlocalized.

Here are the lingering threads (assuming that none are omitted due to there being no canon P4A story route as of yet):
- Identity of the mysterious girl the Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapons are based off of since gen. 5.
- Identity of the Eerie voice.
- Identity of the Malevolent Entity.
- Concrete details on members and operations of the Shadow Operatives (potentially optional)
- The meaning of Elizabeth gaining the Fool arcana.
- The reason behind Tartarus and the Dark Hour's return.
- The reason behind the red fog covering Inaba and the townsfolk's disappearance.
- Adachi's objective and motivations.
- The identity of Sho and why he seemingly has a link to Yasogami high given the shirt around his waist.
- The objective of Sho.
- The reason behind Sho's split personalities and arcana.
- The reason Rise can fight.
- The reason why the Shadow Ops from the previous game have been captured and crucified, and why Fuuka has been kidnapped.
- The reason behind there being another tournament, and why Dictator Teddie has returned alongside his fake Rise sidekick.
- The explanation behind the TV world seeping into the real world as well as the presence of the Shadows.
Not to mention any other that I might have missed. It's a lot to cover. The determining factor for me concerning whether the story turns out to be shit or not is how it's going to be structured this time around. If they follow the individual character chapter routes, they cannot contradict each other. If they contradict each other, there MUST be a true story route that conveys how things actually happened.

Oh yes, definitely. They seriously need to have a better structure this time around. I really don't know how ASW handle the story in their other games, but there are some fighting games that really do it well. Mortal Kombat (2011) story was really well told. If they wanna tell a story that covers all that stuff without contradictions, I don't think that the way they did it with P4A will work this time, and by that I mean being able to choose the character you want to play as. I think it would be best if it is just one long story where you control a determined character for a determined fight.

I don't know, that's just the way I see it. What do you think would be best, Flux? You seem to know a lot more about fighting games than I do :p

Sophia

Pretty much all ASW games prior to Chronophantasma used the "Each character has their own story mode" method. It worked better in this games, but it was still pretty sloppy at times.

FluxWaveZ

What do you think would be best, Flux?

Structure I would like best in order of personal preference:

1. BlazBlue: Chronophantasma style story scenario branches

In that recently released ASW game, the narrative is conveyed via a long story mode spread across three scenario branches. In a scenario, the story is told in a linear fashion (with occasional alternate endings), jumping to different characters who are involved in that scenario and their perspectives in a logical manner. The three scenarios put together do not contradict each other, but serve to explain various facets of the overall story, with one of these branches being the "main" branch, conveying the core of the plot.

I think this is a preferred way of telling the story in a non-cinematic game, where the presentation is like that of a visual novel, for the most part. The P4U2 story could be separated into two-three branches like this (maybe one for the Shadow Operatives, one for the Investigation Team and one that takes place before the events of the P-1 Climax), with one of them being the "main" one which would contain the core of what's going on, although none of these branches would contradict each other.

2. Individual character chapters, but all of them are canon

Following the P4A model of spending a lot of time with individual character perspectives and events, except instead of not ensuring that they all work within the same narrative like they did with P4A, they would make absolutely sure that there are no story contradictions between character chapters, with one of the characters having a "main" story (or just having a separate "canon" story path unlock once, say, the most important character chapters are completed).

There'd be a lot of jumping around with this solution and things might not align during the same time frame, but at least once everything's done, the player would clearly understand what occurred in the story.

3. Solution 2, but where the individual character chapters contradict each other again

The worst of the solutions I'm thinking of, but if they're going to be following the P4A structure exactly like they did before, with most of the characters' stories being interchangeable, messy and contradictory, they absolutely must have a single story chapter unlocked at some point which will convey what actually happened in the story, right from the beginning.

From what all of you are saying, I really like the way they did Chronophantasma, but what are the odds of they using that with P4AU? I assume that P4A came out before Chronophantasma, so... Maybe they will use that structure with P4AU? I don't know, I don't want to speculate anymore, I just want to play the game right now, the wait is killing me

From what all of you are saying, I really like the way they did Chronophantasma, but what are the odds of they using that with P4AU? I assume that P4A came out before Chronophantasma, so... Maybe they will use that structure with P4AU? I don't know, I don't want to speculate anymore, I just want to play the game right now, the wait is killing me

They have to, everything is better in CP, from the method to unlock stuff such as titles and such, to the story structure, to extra modes, and ESPECIALLY, to the online structure too. You can have a lobby of 8 people and have 4 matches going instead of just waiting waiting waiting waiting, among many cool other additions.

PK Gaming

You're LOWER than lower than dirt!

Ahem

Definitely up there with your best shadows, imo. Definitely a great fit for Junpei.
This week's theme was Fuuka, right? Or was it cosplay? I'm not sure.

If it was cosplay, please imagine P3 Fuuka cosplaying her P4A self :D.

Nice! Fuuka's P4A design is so good. I love how she became a hottie in the 2 year gap. Gained a sweet sense fashion too.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Contarian King is kicking my ass at level 26 on Hard. WTF. One Rampage and it's over. Bufula from Jack Frost doesn't do more damage than Chie doing damage with Bufu by lowering his defense first, so what is the point of getting that on Jack Frost?

As I say this, I beat him the fourth time around by him not using Rampage but once. Having to revive Yukiko to Recarm Yosuke and then do healing Duty while Seta and Chie Bufu him to death (with Seta lowering his hit and defense for maxium Bufula damage).

Not too bad for that fight, I guess. But damn that's a hard optional boss on a JRPG beginning. Forgot how bad he sucked since I blocked that memory from P4 PS2...

Contarian King is kicking my ass at level 26 on Hard. WTF. One Rampage and it's over. Bufula from Jack Frost doesn't do more damage than Chie doing damage with Bufu by lowering his defense first, so what is the point of getting that on Jack Frost?

As I say this, I beat him the fourth time around by him not using Rampage but once. Having to revive Yukiko to Recarm Yosuke and then do healing Duty while Seta and Chie Bufu him to death (with Seta lowering his hit and defense for maxium Bufula damage).

Not too bad for that fight, I guess. But damn that's a hard optional boss on a JRPG beginning. Forgot how bad he sucked since I blocked that memory from P4 PS2...

He is abnormally hard compared to basically..every other bonus boss except the obvious Ultimate one. People say Contarian King is actually one of the hardest fights in the game.

Top Bottom