• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

JaseMath

Just beat P4G for the first time. Absolutely marvelous game! Pretty sure I got the "true" ending.
Didn't get the bonus content since I didn't max out Marie. ;_;

Been finally actually playing Arena, having more fun than I thought I would.

But "red yellow kill a fellow?" That's just too damn clever, who came up with that?

LOL, these vids are brilliant.

Just beat P4G for the first time. Absolutely marvelous game! Pretty sure I got the "true" ending.
Didn't get the bonus content since I didn't max out Marie. ;_;

Congrats on finishing P4. It's definitely one of the greatest gaming experiences of all time.

Here's my attempt at Fuuka. Still need to change and tidy up a few things, but i wont have time until the end of the week. Enjoy

kc80lvbvb3fvlchfg.jpg

m053t55r81z2nsufg.jpg

PK Gaming

It's what Teddie says when he does his snake hand move thing. It took me a little while to get what the hell he was talking about, but he's referencing the old saying to tell the difference between a harmless milk snake and a venomous coral snake. "Red on black, venom lack, red on yellow, kill a fellow."

I just found that to be incredibly clever.

Ooh, nice catch.

Arena is absolutely filled with them; like when Chie uses her autocombo against Yosuke, or when Aigis is struck by electric skills. There's a ton of matchup specific specific voice clips as well, and navigators that say certain things depending on you're playing as/facing.

JaseMath

At what point does Yu get sarcastic/asshole remark options? It seems like toward the end of the game, I was always laughing at at least one of the options; some of them were so hilariously rude.

Also, If/when I go through P4 again, Chie will definitely be the waifu. It seems like the game kept pushing me to date Yukiko–which I did–but do the more "romantic" scenes feature whomever you're dating? It'd be neat to see that Valentines Day scene (and the New Years scene) play out with someone else.

Sophia

At what point does Yu get sarcastic/asshole remark options? It seems like toward the end of the game, I was always laughing at at least one of the options; some of them were so hilariously rude.

Very early on. One of the earliest is "We're doomed." in response to falling into the TV.

Also, If/when I go through P4 again, Chie will definitely be the waifu. It seems like the game kept pushing me to date Yukiko–which I did–but do the more "romantic" scenes feature whomever you're dating? It'd be neat to see that Valentines Day scene (and the New Years scene) play out with someone else.

You probably saw all the options. The dialogue trees in this game don't go that far.

Yeah you can get same scenes with different characters. If you are a two timer you get a choice of picking.

NichM

Banned
Also some other thoughts on the ongoing Persona 1 discussion:

I do not think that Maki have a multiple personality disorder. The whole Persona franchise kind of rely the whole "you have multiple faces" aspect. Each of her shadows were born from different desires and parts of her psyche. I do not know where you are in the story at the moment so I will stop from going further in to it for now.

This is how I've always viewed it too. That's why I really like (P4 stuff)
Rise's social link, because it hearkens back Maki trying to figure out which of the various Makis you meeet in the game is the "real" her, and how it's eventually exposed as a meaningless question. They're all real. They're all her.

PK Gaming

Also, I laughed way too long at this. :lol

EDIT: Fixed
That scene is amazing for all of the wrong reasons

Yukiko: ...And then when you get back, we can start greeting people together at the inn...
Yu: Uhuh
Yukiko: Oh, I signed you up for a bunch of different classes to get you ready for managing the inn
Yu What?
Yukiko: We'll have to plan our wedding day soon... (giggle) isn't this exciting?
Yu:...
Yukiko: I know, I know... we still haven't determined how many kids will we have
Yu: Yukiko we need to talk

That scene is amazing for all of the wrong reasons

Yukiko: ...And then when you get back, we can start greeting people together at the inn...
Yu: Uhuh
Yukiko: Oh, I signed you up for a bunch of different classes to get you ready for managing the inn
Yu What?
Yukiko: We'll have to plan our wedding day soon... (giggle) isn't this exciting?
Yu:...
Yukiko: I know, I know... we still haven't determined how many kids will we have
Yu: Yukiko we need to talk

Hm, the way I interpreted the scene was that she wasn't being serious about it, since she knows
P4MC will move back to the city soon and they won't be together anymore. When you respond to her fantasy seriously, she's taken back and warns you about the actual requirements to be apart of her family.

Marche90

^I try to forget about it, otherwise I wouldn't be able to carry on.

That, and watching previews for PQ and P4A2 for my Persona fix.

Everyone: KEEP ROLLING THE FUUKA ART. You can't never have enough Fuuka art.

Top Bottom