• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

There's 4 blank spaces left on the character select screen.

8hw8VoR.png

We know that Ken and Rise are filling up 2 slots. Who do you think the other 2 belong to? Im guessing one will be DLC and one will have to be unlocked. (Adachi, Margaret)

I just assumed those empty boxes were just a stylistic choice since the character select strip is angled. Looks better than just empty red space. Also, the Best Buy description was pretty clear about the game haviung six new characters, not "including new characters such as..."

Hmm....maybe you guys are right. Id find it rather strange if ASW released Ultimax with no DLC. I know they didnt do so with Arena, but in general their sequels always have some form of DLC. I think this is especially true if this is the last entry for Arena.

Then again maybe Rise or Ken will be DLC........OH HELL NO!!!

FluxWaveZ

Arcsys is pulling another

I wouldn't mind DLC if it would be that or no additional characters at all, and as long as the characters aren't broken. I don't think Ken or any other potential character they will be showing soon will be DLC, but I don't like the idea of it if it were to happen, though.

I wouldn't mind DLC if it would be that or no additional characters at all, and as long as the characters aren't broken. I don't think Ken or any other potential character they will be showing soon will be DLC, but I don't like the idea of it if it were to happen, though.

I would laugh so hard if Ken was Kokonoe tier broken.

Sophia

Oh gods, no. No stupid BBCP style DLC. That shit is simply the worst.

You release DLC characters after the game comes out, not alongside the game as a means of taunting potential buyers.

hopefully, we'll learn more in the coming days. Im sure the new character select screen will give us some hints.

My list if those blank spaces meant anything, would be,

Sho
SHO
yuka-tan
Junpei
Rise
Ken
Adachi
Makoto (just make him a playable character, and not apart of the story.)

hopefully, we'll learn more in the coming days. Im sure the new character select screen will give us some hints.

Sho
SHO
yuka-tan
Junpei
Rise
Ken
Adachi

How would Makoto even play? I would be down if they gave him a scythe or something but if it's just Yu 2.0? No thanks.

Remove Nanjo and add Marie or Margret.

Marie
Marie wearing no hat
Marie wearing a different hat
Marie wearing junpeis hat
Marie wearing a Crawling Chaos #1 foam hat
Marie wearing a P2 shirt

Truthfully I still don't even exactly believe we are getting anyone other than Ken.

Setsu00

Sho
SHO
yuka-tan
Junpei
Rise
Ken
Adachi

Isn't it kinda obvious by now that they're only adding characters that actually appear in the story? But I guess if they want to include Makoto, they'll find a way.

I have my doubts, big ones, that we are getting Rise.

That's what I thought too initially, but what role would she have in this game of she's not playable? Will she be kidnapped...
again
? Will there be a fake Rise to announce the games...
again
?

Everyone else has a shadow who they must face, what about Rise's?

FluxWaveZ

That's what I thought too initially, but what role would she have in this game of she's not playable? Will she be kidnapped...
again
? Will there be a fake Rise to announce the games...
again
?

What's wrong with the role of tactical analysis? In the arcade mode, she's already running all over the place, contacting people and telling them she's trying to get in touch with everyone.

And yes, to the latter. She already does.

I don't see Best Buy making that up, especially since they just copy and pasted the PR that Atlus made for the game. Unless Atlus USA was wrong(which I highly doubt).

Assuming it's an official Atlus PR description. We don't know that.

Yeah, i think Rise and Ken are a given at this point. Didn't Kens VA more a less confirm it?

Im hoping for more modes aswell just to keep the game alive longer.

The only thing I can see annoying the hell out of me is the adachi npc/tease thing. Hopefully we're all wrong about that though.

Soma

How would Makoto even play? I would be down if they gave him a scythe or something but if it's just Yu 2.0? No thanks.

He uses different weapons to mirror him being the only protag able to wield different types of weapons before P3P.

He always has his hands in his pockets and when he's ready to attack, he pulls out a random weapon from it!

CorvoSol

I bought all the Arena dlc. All of it.

I bought the version that came with all of it already, but that's me.

So 6 new characters, eh? So we all can bet that four of that is SHO, Sho, Ken and Rise, and
Adachi Baby
is probably the next strongest bet. P3 protagonists seem unlikely all things considered, and while Theo is popular I doubt he's Elizabeth levels of popular, so my money is on either Margaret or the Random box.

So 6 new characters, eh? So we all can bet that four of that is SHO, Sho, Ken and Rise, and
Adachi Baby
is probably the next strongest bet. P3 protagonists seem unlikely all things considered, and while Theo is popular I doubt he's Elizabeth levels of popular, so my money is on either Margaret or the Random box.

Again, you're forgetting Junpei and Yukari.

More random P4 notes (I'm right before the
Shadow Kanji Battle
)

-I wish the "quest" system was similar to P3s where it just gave all the available ones to you at once and also showed you the reward. Having to wander around and talk to everyone is obnoxious and feels like a waste of time because you don't even know what you're going to get out of them anyway.

-I hope P3s physical attacks split and knockdown system return for P5. I'm liking the combat a lot but it's pretty lame how every fight turns into a ma- spell spam.

-A lot of the dialogue early game dialogue is circular and repetitive. It seems like almost every time the Investigation team gets together to talk about the mystery they end up repeating the exact same things over and over again. Here I am 11 hours into the game and Chie suddenly decides to explain what the midnight channel is again because I guess they think I've forgotten in that short amount of time. Even though I already know the identity of the killer, it isn't fun to listen to because there is no subtlety. They have to explain everything that happened in explicit detail over and over again.

-Dammit Yukiko, I would totally romance you up but I know the end of your S. Link and
there's no way in hell I'm living in Inaba for the rest of my life.

-Kanji still rules.

I bought the Aigis ones~!
They were leftover dollars from another, bigger, purchase.

Aigis' RoboCop visor was more than worth the price of admission.

I bought the complete set, but I only really use Kanji's in conjunction with his colour 9 to complete the Baofu look. Oh, and Teddie's bandit mask, because that crap is so wonderfully goofy.

Tamanon

Banned
More random P4 notes (I'm right before the
Shadow Kanji Battle
)

-I wish the "quest" system was similar to P3s where it just gave all the available ones to you at once and also showed you the reward. Having to wander around and talk to everyone is obnoxious and feels like a waste of time because you don't even know what you're going to get out of them anyway.

-I hope P3s physical attacks split and knockdown system return for P5. I'm liking the combat a lot but it's pretty lame how every fight turns into a ma- spell spam.

-A lot of the dialogue early game dialogue is circular and repetitive. It seems like almost every time the Investigation team gets together to talk about the mystery they end up repeating the exact same things over and over again. Here I am 11 hours into the game and Chie suddenly decides to explain what the midnight channel is again because I guess they think I've forgotten in that short amount of time. Even though I already know the identity of the killer, it isn't fun to listen to because there is no subtlety. They have to explain everything that happened in explicit detail over and over again.

-Dammit Yukiko, I would totally romance you up but I know the end of your S. Link and
there's no way in hell I'm living in Inaba for the rest of my life.

-Kanji still rules.

I think the quest system was the only one I didn't like about Persona 4. I especially didn't like that they were always for the previous dungeon and opened up over a longer period instead of all at once. Made it so I just didn't do dungeon quests.

Sophia

I didn't care for the quest system in Persona 3 or Persona 4. They're both pretty flawed, and some of them can be obnoxious.

Trigger

Yeah, these segments are always a drag on replays.

Top Bottom