• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

tumblr_mt3s2rFZhG1qh1ahwo1_500.png
All of them are so MEGIDOLAON CUTE....>_<

Setsu00

You mean in the pastebin? Yeah, it's incomplete, but I meant that I wonder if there'll be any Shadow vs. Shadow quotes in the final game.

It would be weird to have a Shadow defeat another and then talk about how bonds are useless or how they failed to save the world as a general quote when they'd be on the same mental wavelength.

Are there any untranslated quotes left that can be found on some website? I could try to translate them if you guys are interested. I did that with the original P4U as well and was fairly spot on.

Dantis

So, I feel like the chances of seeing something interesting this week are low because of the PQ Famitsu story from last week (Which seemingly contained nothing of interest), but I'm still hopeful.

Squire

Banned
I think the most likely piece of news we get next that isn't related to PQ would be a JP release date for P4A2 on PS3. It's already "summer ", so it can't be too far behind PQ. I'm thinking mid-late July.

dkoy

I know I'm a little late to the win quote topic but I'd just like to say It would be really cool if there are shadow vs. shadow character win-quotes. Anybody know?

Dantis

My package finally arrived! Guess it got stuck in customs or something, as it's taken nearly four weeks to get here.

Two more soundtracks for my collection...

And a hilarious free capsule toy...

EDIT: Just ripping the CDs, and I'd forgotten how few tracks Meguro did on Golden.

Also, interestingly, my copy of the P4G OST is a first print. Maybe Atlus over-printed? It's a year and a half since the OST came out.

My package finally arrived! Guess it got stuck in customs or something, as it's taken nearly four weeks to get here.

Two more soundtracks for my collection...

And a hilarious free capsule toy...

Nice, I don't have the Catherine soundtrack.

I'm guessing you used yesasia (free capsule toy) 3 weeks is about average for standard delivery from them.

I keep mine on my desktop at work :c

Dantis

Nice, I don't have the Catherine soundtrack.

I'm guessing you used yesasia (free capsule toy) 3 weeks is about average for standard delivery from them.

I keep mine on my desktop at work :c

Always YesAsia.

Gotta have my garbage capsule toys! I've gotten quite a few of them at this point, haha.

Banzai

persona 3:Is it just me or is there a massive spike in dungeon difficulty after the first barrier? Ive died twice now, losing a lot of progress...just from 2 hands and a bird. I go into the fight with full health and they just spam mabufu.

Always YesAsia.

Gotta have my garbage capsule toys! I've gotten quite a few of them at this point, haha.

They're a good site, the only downfall is their shipping times. I normally buy in bulk from CDJapan (Wait till there is about 6+ CDs I want) but I always use YesAsia for Game soundtracks.

Plus the free capsule toys are a blast. I only have one Persona one though ;_;

MSMrRound

persona 3:Is it just me or is there a massive spike in dungeon difficulty after the first barrier? Ive died twice now, losing a lot of progress...just from 2 hands and a bird. I go into the fight with full health and they just spam mabufu.

Always aim for preemptive strike.

Tip: Bringing up the menu will cause the shadow to turn in another direction, giving you the ease of running behind to strike them with a blow.

Dantis

They're a good site, the only downfall is their shipping times. I normally buy in bulk from CDJapan (Wait till there is about 6+ CDs I want) but I always use YesAsia for Game soundtracks.

Plus the free capsule toys are a blast. I only have one Persona one though ;_;

Me too. Gave quite a few to my brothers. Pokemon, Tiger and Bunny and some other random things.

I have a few Mario ones that I've kept though.

Best tip I can give regarding Tartarus exploring in P3,

1. Skip floors till you reach a teleporter thing.
2. Go to first floor.
3. Save.
4. Grind till you are ready to fight bosses, there are definetly some bosses that can catch you off guard.

By using this method, if you do wipe, at least you are at the highest floor you explored.

Dantis

So, Kitajoh's stuff on the Golden OST isn't as bad as I remembered. It's only Mayonaka Quiz and Everyday Sunshine that I really dislike. It's not a patch on Meguro's stuff, but it isn't terrible either.

So, Kitajoh's stuff on the Golden OST isn't as bad as I remembered. It's only Mayonaka Quiz and Everyday Sunshine that I really dislike. It's not a patch on Meguro's stuff, but it isn't terrible either.

I actually quite like some of the stuff because of the horns. That one theme for the scooters is really slick.

Dantis

I actually quite like some of the stuff because of the horns. That one theme for the scooters is really slick.

You mean the beach song? That's pretty good, though I'm not convinced it fits Persona all that well.

Also, you know I said I was drawing sketches? I drew a Rise one yesterday.

You're welcome.

PersonaGAF started after the Arena |OT| finished right?

Technically, yes. Though a lot of us talked in other threads before then.

FluxWaveZ

Are there any untranslated quotes left that can be found on some website? I could try to translate them if you guys are interested. I did that with the original P4U as well and was fairly spot on.

Sorry, the only archive of those I know of is that pastebin. I suppose I could try to compile some for you to look at myself based on a bunch of videos I've watched, but it's difficult to know which ones are MU specific and which ones aren't since I don't know Japanese.

I think the most likely piece of news we get next that isn't related to PQ would be a JP release date for P4A2 on PS3. It's already "summer ", so it can't be too far behind PQ. I'm thinking mid-late July.

I bet we get a localization announcement for P4A2 before the actual JPN release date. Still holding out for at least a PQ or P4A2 localization announcement or tease this month since, for all we know, Atlus USA's 2014 is Daylight and Conception II.

Then again, I feel that the media train for PQ won't leave room for P4A2 until the Taito tournament's done with on March 29th, and I really doubt P4D or P5 will have anything substantial before P4A2 does.

If the revived Persona magazine is actually going to be monthly like its predecessor, we might have a bit of news in approximately two weeks, but I'm starting to doubt that #Re:birth meant that the magazine was going to become a monthly thing again... Then again, there's a website devoted to the magazine via Dengeki, so who knows.

We might get an official release date for P3 movie #2 sooner than later, as well, since it's currently slated for an "early summer 2014" release.

We did recently get the news that the Atlus D Shop will be getting some new products in February and March 2014, though! Yay. And then there's always the weekly PQ character videos to look forward to (this week's totally Fuuka and Rise).

All in all, I think if we're to expect something substantial anytime soon, we should be looking at Atlus USA. Not doing any substantial research and just thinking of P4A and Conception II, it seems that they'll announce localization projects 5-6 months before release, and if P4A2 has a late July/early August release date over here like its predecessor, I think it wouldn't be outlandish to expect an announcement for that this month just like what happened two years ago..

Concerning news for the projects themselves, I bet it will be PQ character videos and PQ interviews and PQ music samples and PQ trailers and PQ character introduction articles until late March/early April, unless a miracle occurs and the new Persona magazine is actually monthly, and it has some special news regarding the other three games.

Marche90

Hello, fine people in this thread, how are you today? Any good news to share?

Tomorrow, I go back to classes, and this should be my final year! Hype!. Also, marathoned Dangan Ronpa in the weekend. What an excellent game, and my avatar should change soon to reflect one of my favorite characters of it.

But I don't got no PS3 on me. I could buy it and run it on my PC, but a laptop can't handle that.

Even my low-clocked laptop can handle the Persona games (though with some frame drops, 1.4 ghz haswell processor, integrated graphics), you'll be fine

Squire

Banned
I bet we get a localization announcement for P4A2 before the actual JPN release date. Still holding out for at least a PQ or P4A2 localization announcement or tease this month since, for all we know, Atlus USA's 2014 is Daylight and Conception II.

Then again, I feel that the media train for PQ won't leave room for P4A2 until the Taito tournament's done with on March 29th, and I really doubt P4D or P5 will have anything substantial before P4A2 does.

If the revived Persona magazine is actually going to be monthly like its predecessor, we might have a bit of news in approximately two weeks, but I'm starting to doubt that #Re:birth meant that the magazine was going to become a monthly thing again... Then again, there's a website devoted to the magazine via Dengeki, so who knows.

We might get an official release date for P3 movie #2 sooner than later, as well, since it's currently slated for an "early summer 2014" release.

We did recently get the news that the Atlus D Shop will be getting some new products in February and March 2014, though! Yay. And then there's always the weekly PQ character videos to look forward to (this week's totally Fuuka and Rise).

All in all, I think if we're to expect something substantial anytime soon, we should be looking at Atlus USA. Not doing any substantial research and just thinking of P4A and Conception II, it seems that they'll announce localization projects 5-6 months before release, and if P4A2 has a late July/early August release date over here like its predecessor, I think it wouldn't be outlandish to expect an announcement for that this month just like what happened two years ago..

Concerning news for the projects themselves, I bet it will be PQ character videos and PQ interviews and PQ music samples and PQ trailers and PQ character introduction articles until late March/early April, unless a miracle occurs and the new Persona magazine is actually monthly, and it has some special news regarding the other three games.

Good overview!

Top Bottom