• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soriku

Depressing can also signify tone rather than just story moments.

There's a very distant and cold atmosphere that is present in a lot of the game despite it having a few weird light moments here and there. I mean traveling around a spherical Tokyo that just completely got blown the fuck up with very very few humans remaining (
and having all your remaining friends go insane shortly afterwards
) is kiiiiiiiiiiiiiind of a downer compared to something like P4's Inaba for example.

That said I found that there's also plenty of depressing moments in the story like
learning about Hijiri's fate
for example.

I'd use "oppressive" instead of "depressing". The game never really hits you with sad moments, and the world feels more dangerous and filled with conspiration before being depressing. It's kind of like the Souls games, except the NPCs (comprised of souls and demons) come across as having an OK time :p Actually some are surprisingly carefree. Even with
your friends going crazy
, it's not really depressing as they're hardly developed, plus they only change since they're given an opportunity to form a world like you. But instead of their encounters being sad, they're more like obstacles.

Dantis

yYIg269.jpg

Am I the only one here who is really surprised to see that Soejima has drawn chibi Nanako? I guess that means she's in the game at some point?

Tiu Neo

I mean, they have to show something soon, right? Say the game comes out in September, that means we're like four months away and we've seen nothing beyond the initial reveal.

At least PQ releases next month in Japan. They'll show something after THAT. They'll have to show something after that ;_;

The way things are going, we won't see P5 until september, hahaha... ha.

At least PQ releases next month in Japan. They'll show something after THAT. They'll have to show something after that ;_;

The way things are going, we won't see P5 until september, hahaha... ha.

You might want to pull up a chair and wait, this could be awhile.

Though really I'm fine waiting on any P5 info at this point, I have the patience to wait til TGS for info.

Dantis

Lol. i was considering the same thing, but i dunno if I should just for two games (SMTIV being the other one).

Ill keep an eye on Amazon. If i spot a cheap preowned console, ill bite.

Awesome Yuki pic.
Adachi next
:D

I got a preowned one for £172 with digital copies of SMT4, DeSu OC, Soul Hackers, Pokemon X, Mario Kart 7, EO 4, EO Untold and Steamworld Dig.

Pretty reasonable, really.

And you voted for me, right? You wanted a Shadow Adachi picture? I can do that.

Jintor

yep

i still have some crits because she's sitting like a snake charmer but it has this unearthly charm to it.

i'm a bit furious over local politics atm though so in no position to really look at it in detail

come on the art podcast. it'll be a laugh.

I got a preowned one for £172 with digital copies of SMT4, DeSu OC, Soul Hackers, Pokemon X, Mario Kart 7, EO 4, EO Untold and Steamworld Dig.

Pretty reasonable, really.

And you voted for me, right? You wanted a Shadow Adachi picture? I can do that.

Not bad. Mario kart 8 alone makes it worth it :p

I guessing this was ebay?

Dantis

yep

i still have some crits because she's sitting like a snake charmer but it has this unearthly charm to it.

i'm a bit furious over local politics atm though so in no position to really look at it in detail

come on the art podcast. it'll be a laugh.

Don't snake charmers have crossed legs? She's kneeling.

Also I have no good microphone. :/

Not bad. Mario kart 8 alone makes it worth it :p

I guessing this was ebay?

Correct!

Jintor

Her upper body. If you follow the curvature of her spine she's kind of thrusting her chest out. It's not a natural sitting arrangement, though it is suitable for a centrefold kind of shot, though I assume that wasn't what you were aiming for

I am VERY tempted to get an import 3ds, mainly because the usual Nintendo fare doesnt interest me enough to get one in the UK, but the stuff I cant get here (SMT4, PQ, DS2, DQ7) actually appeals to me.

Still, for something I dont think I'd get much use out of, I'd want it for a decent price.

Squire

Banned
Podcast line-up is Persona (the artist), TrueSelf (probably), Jintor, Armada, Levito, and myself although the last two probably won't say as much! XD

Dantis

Let not Dantis's heathen ways cloud your judgment. The likes of Tetsuya Komuro and Daisuke Asakura are working on the soundtrack. Some of Japan's biggest dance and electronica artists.

Hey now, as of right now I have no opinion on P4D's OST. I think it could completely go either way.

I also think that it's better that Meguro doesn't do the remixes himself, partly because it would distract him from Persona 5 and partly because I'm not convinced he'd be particularly good at it.

Dantis is going to be on it? Neat.

I'd like to be, but I won't be.

Sophia

One of these days I'll feel confident enough to join you all on the podcast, and then you'll hear me laughing endlessly. >_>;

Squire

Banned
One of these days I'll feel confident enough to join you all on the podcast, and then you'll hear me laughing endlessly. >_>;

You really should come on sometime, it's a lot of fun! And we do plenty of laughing as it is, so the more the merrier! :D

Yep. I snicker at every little thing, myself.

6 people? Is that a new record for your guys?

I think one of the fighting game episodes was that big, but it'll be fine. I really don't expect Levito and will do much more than moderate. I like the art in Persona. I can talk about that, but certainly not with an illustrators perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom