• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. I snicker at every little thing, myself.

I think one of the fighting game episodes was that big, but it'll be fine. I really don't expect Levito and will do much more than moderate. I like the art in Persona. I can talk about that, but certainly not with an illustrators perspective.

Yeah, I'm not sure how much I'll be able to contribute myself. I've got no formal training in art, and I mainly do design and manipulation as it is...

...Plus Levito already told me that I'm not an artist 'cause I just do Photoshop! :p

No, Levito, you'll never live it down. XD

Dantis

The best thing it could do is assert its own style. Something that wouldn't be achieved with Meguro at the helm.

Probably, though this obviously doesn't guarantee quality.

Hype rising...

Well, I think we'll see something much more significant within the next four weeks, so then we can more accurately say how hyped we should be for it.

Yeah, I'm not sure how much I'll be able to contribute myself. I've got no formal training in art, and I mainly do design and manipulation as it is...

...Plus Levito already told me that I'm not an artist 'cause I just do Photoshop! :p

Oh dear, haha.

kewlmyc

Ouch...

CrazyDude

I do agree however that it is a stupidly confusing terminology. It should be called winter 2015 since most of winter takes place in 2015 and not 2014.

Dantis

Winter 2014 implies December 2014/January 2015/February.2015, seeing as that is typically considered the Winter season.

Sure, in terms of actual timeframes. But I feel like people will see the '2014' and associate that with Q4, rather than the actual season.

I think that if the trailer said 2014 and actually meant early 2015, people would be upset and surprised.

Busaiku

Does Hard in Persona 4 Golden just have stronger enemies, or are EXP/Money effected as well?
Debating whether to restart that or Normal.

Or are Social Links not as manageable on Hard?
On Very Hard, I usually managed to stay on the first or second floor for about 2-3 hours by extending my Sweeps, so with that in mind, should I just go for Hard, or stick with Normal for the first run?

Sophia

Sure, in terms of actual timeframes. But I feel like people will see the '2014' and associate that with Q4, rather than the actual season.

I think that if the trailer said 2014 and actually meant early 2015, people would be upset and surprised.

That is Q4. :p

Although your argument was probably why the English trailer says 2015 despite the implication that P5 would come out relatively close to the Japanese release.

Levito

Banned
One of these days I'll feel confident enough to join you all on the podcast, and then you'll hear me laughing endlessly. >_>;

Spot is always there, whenever you feel like it!

Same for you, Dantis. (And Buddha)

I think one of the fighting game episodes was that big, but it'll be fine. I really don't expect Levito and will do much more than moderate. I like the art in Persona. I can talk about that, but certainly not with an illustrators perspective.

Six people doesn't work, Skype literally breaks when I've tried that in the past. Five people is the max, with four being the best.

You know that's not what I said. :(

Does Hard in Persona 4 Golden just have stronger enemies, or are EXP/Money effected as well?

On Very Hard, I usually managed to stay on the first or second floor for about 2-3 hours by extending my Sweeps, so with that in mind, should I just go for Hard, or stick with Normal for the first run?

I've only played on normal but I've read that items are more expensive. I think enemies hit harder but they give the same experience. Don't quote me on the second one.

CrazyDude

I would say go with normal. I found that it was more difficult for me to max out social links while also going into dungeons. I hope Persona 5 has it kind of like Persona 3 where going to dungeons and doing social links are not at the same time.

Tetranet

Not necessarily, it could also come out early 2015.

Considering http://www.atlus.com/persona5/ , most of us definitely won't be able to play it before the holidays. I'm guessing February for the West.

Either way, I hope Atlus shows something at E3 or TGS. A look at their "realistically scaled" characters is what interests me most, as that seems to be the biggest departure from Persona 3 and Persona 4 so far.

Squire

Banned

We actually have too many people on for this one, so someone needs to drop out...

Whens the podcast being recorded?

Saturday.

Then these people have never observed the release of a JP game in winter before. It might not hit there until February and the longer it takes for us to see it the more I'm inclined to think so.

One of these days I'll feel confident enough to join you all on the podcast, and then you'll hear me laughing endlessly. >_>;

I say you go for it. Its always nice to hear a new pgaf member on the podcast. It keeps things fresh and provides a different perspective on discussed topics. Its also good to hear the person behind the username.

If its a confidence issue holding you back, then i say that's even more reason to go for it. Im sure you'd feel great afterwards.

The Slink guys are always so welcoming to their guests........minus Levit0.........kidding :p

We're all one big wacky gaf family at the end of the day. let's embrace each others madness. \o/

FluxWaveZ

That's being a bit optimistic. I think the game will come out sometime in the summer of 2015 in the west and come out sometime around Feb in Japan.

And I think that's being absurd. We don't have enough to go on at the moment either way, but indications such as the Japanese date for P5 specifically being "Winter 2014" and the fact that it was stated that Atlus USA is focusing on releasing the Persona games, outside of PQ, close to the Japanese release date make what Tetranet is saying more of a possibility than the above.

CrazyDude

And I think that's being absurd. We don't have enough to go on at the moment either way, but indications such as the Japanese date for P5 specifically being "Winter 2014" and the fact that it was stated that Atlus USA is focusing on releasing the Persona games, outside of PQ, close to the Japanese release date make what Tetranet is saying more of a possibility than the above.

Well I hope your right. Either way, I wonder what is taking them so long to release more info and screens for the game. They have to have something to show.

Busaiku

I've only played on normal but I've read that items are more expensive. I think enemies hit harder but they give the same experience. Don't quote me on the second one.

I would say go with normal. I found that it was more difficult for me to max out social links while also going into dungeons. I hope Persona 5 has it kind of like Persona 3 where going to dungeons and doing social links are not at the same time.

Yeah, guess I'll just go with that.
Plus I already wasted like 12 hours grinding for peanuts in Very Hard anyways.

Dantis

Well, we don't even know when Q's coming out besides being Fall 2014, do we? That might not even be that far off for a US release.

Levito

Banned
Well I hope your right. Either way, I wonder what is taking them so long to release more info and screens for the game. They have to have something to show.

They probably don't want it to overshadow the other Persona games they are working on. P5 has a ridiculous amount of hype already, while the others may need the extra marketing push.

kewlmyc

What about P4DAN though? Thats being released in Fall for Japan while it's being released in 2015 for us. When did Atlus USA state that anyway?

FluxWaveZ

What about P4DAN though? Thats being released in Fall for Japan while it's being released in 2015 for us. When did Atlus USA state that anyway?

Don't have the time right now to pinpoint the comment, but it was most likely somewhere in here, if the comment wasn't removed. The comment had been discussed in OT4.

Edit: It was in the NeoGAF thread about the NA announcements:
Hey, so I'm offsite right now and don't have the wherewithall to comb through all your questions, but here's a general amount of stuff you can mull over:

1) We're trying to avoid region-locking on P4AU
2) For all the releases (except PQ), we're trying to be relatively close to Japan's release. Not Dragon's Crown close, but close.
3) No rumblings about anything on PS4 yet, that shit just launched in Japan. Keep your fingers crossed for solid sales.
4) SO HYPE FOR DANCING ALL NIGHT.
Surprised (or maybe not so much) that it was glossed over by people here.

Meia

Yeah, guess I'll just go with that.
Plus I already wasted like 12 hours grinding for peanuts in Very Hard anyways.

I actually don't think anything is more expensive in hard. The only real difference is enemies hit harder and you hit softer. At least, that's how I remember it.

They even did away with the "personas cost more to summon" thing that P3 did on their harder difficulty.

Tetranet

Indeed, other than the teaser and some scattered info we've seen and know nothing. They definitely have something to show considering they've supposedly been working on it since 2011 (http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Persona_5, no way of knowing for sure given then original source though), and release should be less than 1 year away.

As others have said, they probably do not want to overshadow the spin-off games, publicity for which has much greater returns.

Sophia

I actually don't think anything is more expensive in hard. The only real difference is enemies hit harder and you hit softer. At least, that's how I remember it.

They even did away with the "personas cost more to summon" thing that P3 did on their harder difficulty.

Very Hard imposes an EXP/Money penalty, but I do not believe Hard mode imposes that.

Setsu00

Indeed, other than the teaser and some scattered info we've seen and know nothing. They definitely have something to show considering they've supposedly been working on it since 2011 (http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Persona_5, no way of knowing for sure given then original source though), and release should be less than 1 year away.

As others have said, they probably do not want to overshadow the spin-off games, publicity for which has much greater returns.

"Preproduction" might have been a better word.

NOW FOR PQ preorder stuff!

source
I really like how they paired up the characters (cept for Teddie and Ken) together like the Gekkoukan uniforms did in P4G.

tumblr_n5huk6Uto91si48w3o2_r1_1280.jpg

Man this is one awesome piece of artwork!

Am I the only one here who is really surprised to see that Soejima has drawn chibi Nanako? I guess that means she's in the game at some point?

She appears in the Nintendo Direct trailer from February.
7m87.png

But it's kinda weird that she has her own portrait if she's supposed to only appear in the beggining of the story. I wonder if any other characters are appearing.

abrack08

Do people still play p4 arena on ps3 i'm thinking about buying it Its $20 walmart

If you want to play ranked matches online, I usually have to wait a few minutes to find an opponent, and it likes to keep matching you up with the same person over and over again. I take that to mean there aren't THAT many people playing online (or at least that many near-ish to where I live and my PSR). But I've never actually had trouble finding a game, and there are always random lobbies to join (and you could probably ask people here to play with you too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom