• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdesilva

Where'd you find that anyway? I'm seeing this on IGN

8y7hnju.jpg
At the end of the last article they had on the game.
I am soo excited for Sailor Moon. I watched the whole 200 episodes several years ago. I still need to watch Kill la Kill and Samurai Champloo too.
lol, those are two of the only anime shows I've seen, and they're so good

PK Gaming

I am soo excited for Sailor Moon. I watched the whole 200 episodes several years ago. I still need to watch Kill la Kill and Samurai Champloo too.

Yeah, i'm looking forward to the new dub myself

Oh and congrats on becoming a full-fledged member!

Nachos

Pretty much everyone is overjoyed that Koro made it in. There's still some Ken hate, but people are more willing to accept him now that he's bishie.

I like that Koro still continues the tradition of wearing people clothes, but I can't say I have different opinions on Ken after his design change. I was hoping he wouldn't just go down the predictable pretty-boy evolution, though. I'll have to see more before I start being less tepid.

On top of that, we have Sailor Moon.

Kill La Kill and Senran Kagura are being dubbed.
Apparently KLK is getting a dub trailer in a week or so for a convention panel Aniplex is holding. I'm morbidly curious to see how that turns out.

Now that we're talking about anime, I'll tell you that after reading many of you talking about JoJo, I started watching the anime. I'm at episode 10, maybe, at the beginning of Part 2. So far I really like it. It is bizarre, indeed, but it's really cool! Oh, and the ending song really surprised me.

dkoy

Yeah true...

God I hate 4kids

I guess you could say they're.... for kids.

and I'm out.

On topic I watched the P3 Movie the other night. Good adaptation but I feel like it suffers from having too much dialogue when there's something urgent going down. Examples include
priestess shadow fight when the train starts moving, they're still just standing around expositing (is that a word?) about their situation and the emperor/empress battle where Fuuka and Natsuki have their touching re-union while said shadows are bearing down on them

Lunar15

Now that we're talking about anime, I'll tell you that after reading many of you talking about JoJo, I started watching the anime. I'm at episode 10, maybe, at the beginning of Part 2. So far I really like it. It is bizarre, indeed, but it's really cool! Oh, and the ending song really surprised me.

There+s+really+not+enough+love+for+Jojo+s+Bizarre+Adventure+_8927c08a287ea399432d76c4c9c1bfba.jpg

Squire

Banned
We just recorded the commentary, but it was also my first time seeing it and I loved it. The animation is beautiful and the script and pacing stutter very rarely. I'm really digging the characterization a so far. The stand-puts are definitely Yukari and Junpei in that regard.

I'm actually doubly impressed because this movie had all the potential to be absolutely terrible and it's not. It's fantastic.

It was really fun doing the commentary. Consider me hyped for the sequel and the inevitable dub of SoB.

Canon

Banned
Mild spoilers below, sort of.

I watched a YouTube clip of Persona 4 Golden of "getting lost with Naoto" during that ski trip. And you enter a TV?

How and what? This doesn't happen to me. What conditions do I need to fulfill for this?

Jintor

I watched a YouTube clip of Persona 4 Golden of "getting lost with Naoto" during that ski trip. And you enter a TV?

How and what? This doesn't happen to me. What conditions do I need to fulfill for this?

You probably didn't ultra true end the main plot

Sophia

Did you max out Marie's social link before it becomes unavailable?

If not, you missed an entire dungeon + the epilogue + more scenes

Sophia

FUCK. I didn't do that damn social link. Was this Persona 4 Golden exclusive? FUCK. Whenever I visited that girl, she would say go away come back later. So I said fuck it.

Her social link is tied to plot developments. If you're getting the message to come back later, then that basically means come back after the next dungeon. :p

Squire

Banned
You get why I like P4A Mitsuru so much? They just play that whole thing up and its great.

YES! I actually think she's my favorite caricature. They're really having fun with her.

If waaaay later on down the road movie 3 covers what I think it might and if you guys do this commentary sort of thing again I may need to jump in if possible :p

Sweet. You should definitely come on for one. It's sooooo much fun.

and money coming out of every orifice.

Yeeeep.

No one should be hyped for SAO 2. I'll watch it, but I'll be hate-watching it like I did for the last half of season one and for Dexter.

Am I the only one who fully enjoyed the show? Sure the second half wasn't as great as the 1st but I don't understand the hatred :( As for Dexter I agree... Let's not even go there. That ending...

Finished Spring of Birth. Definitely a movie only for people who have played the games. It's so condensed that a Persona newbie would have trouble following what's going on.

Am I the only one who fully enjoyed the show? Sure the second half wasn't as great as the 1st but I don't understand the hatred :( As for Dexter I agree... Let's not even go there. That ending...

I watched the 1st half of SAO and disliked almost everything about it. Dropped it then and there. Glad I did because from what people have told me the 2nd half is even worse.

LX_Theo

Banned

I enjoyed it (second half not as good,yes). So did many, actually. Then you have that minority of people who disliked it and get really vocal on the internet. Which is hardly shocking.

The first few episodes had a lot of promise and then it just took a nosedive.

I stopped watching Dexter at the...fourth season I think? I guess I should keep it that way?

Is it just me or is the sleeping table boss in FES a nightmare to deal with?

Is that the one that spams megidoloan and fire attacks?

YES! I actually think she's my favorite caricature. They're really having fun with her.

Sweet. You should definitely come on for one. It's sooooo much fun.

Yeeeep.

Yeah the idea sounded like fun. I wanted to come on for this one but by the time I got to refreshing the thread it seemed like I missed the boat so I didn't say anything :x

Also I already really liked her character in 3 so when I finally sat down to play Arena's story I was like "they somehow one-upped the her being rich thing by making her the badass leader in charge of a secret organization with all of this expensive tech, but still probably sucks at picking her own outfit out." I might have been enjoying that in the story a little more than I should have lol.

because let's be real, fur coat in a stealth mission in the boonies? Do you even covert operation? And then there's the limo... It's just all so silly I can't help but enjoy it.

Is that the one that spams megidoloan and fire attacks?

Yep, and it's pretty annoying if you're not prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom