• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
PersonaGAF, which SMT (including Persona) games have you all played?

For myself, it's only P3/4, and I'm almost done with SMT4. I also just started Innocent Sin and acquired Nocturne, DDS, and Soul Hackers.
smt1, smt2, p1, p2is+ep, p3p, all of the ps2 games, and all of the ds/3ds games except devil survivor 2. nocturne, dds1+2, and strange journey are my faves.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

For myself, it's only P3/4, and I'm almost done with SMT4. I also just started Innocent Sin and acquired Nocturne, DDS, and Soul Hackers.

Played and Beat : DDS1 & 2. DeSu 1& 2. Persona 1 PSP, Persona 2: IS PSP, FES, P3P. P4/golden, Soul Hackers, SMTIV

I've played maybe 5 hours of Nocturne.

Never got around to playing the Raidou games.

Trigger

Nocturne, DDS (1 and 2), Persona 1, 2 (IS and EP), 3, 4, and some of Strange Journey. I'm more attracted to the story heavy SMT games.

Swedesu

All of the Personas, Soul Hackers, Nocturne, IV (all of the paths, oh god why), DDS 1 and 2, DeSu Overclocked and Strange Journey.

Aside from Persona 3 and 4 my favorites are probably Nocturne (Gameplay, atmosphere and music)
and Devil Survivor for the characters and the story.

Nimby

Banned
Unfortunately only beaten P3: FES. I'm still playing P4 and SMTIV. Waiting to finish those before I get Nocturne and DDS. I have Raidou 1, but it's unplayable for me, and I know it's because of the port. I wonder when they will fix it.

LX_Theo

Banned

Perona 2IS, 3P, and 4G. Also am on day 3 of Devil Survivor Overclocked. I've also played through some of P1 and the beginning of P2EP. That's it, though, so far.

Acid08

Banned

P3 OG, FES, P3Portable, P4 OG, P4G, P1P, part of P2IS, and part of SMTIV. Played some of Nocturne when it came out and gave though, would like to try it again now that it's on PSN.

Also really want to pick up Devil Survivor Overclocked and Soul Hackers when I finish up some of my backlog.

On another note: VLR is getting delievered today and I'm soooooooooo excited.

Persona GAF whats your favourite Persona track (non vocal)? And your favourite vocal track?

Non vocal: Heartful Cry <333

Vocal: too hard for me to choose.

Swedesu

Persona GAF whats your favourite Persona track (non vocal)? And your favourite vocal track?

Battle for Everyone's Souls is pretty awesome, and Heartful Cry of course.
Spirited Girl is up there as well.

Vocal would probably have to be More Than One Heart from the first P3 Movie or Snowflakes.

Lunar15

Non Vocal: The Almighty

Vocal: Tie: Your Affection/Never More

Unrelated: While watching Battle Tendency, I kept thinking "Man, this soundtrack reminds me of Gurren Lagann". Sure enough, same composer. Based Taku Iwasaki.

Also, Kohei Tanaka did the opening for Part 1, which is pretty amazing.

LX_Theo

Banned
Easily I would pick I'll Face Myself -Reincarnation- for nonvocal.

Vocal... Probably Mass Destruction. The movie remix, specifically.

Acid08

Banned
Non vocal: Battle for Everyone's Souls

Vocal: When Moons Reaching Out Stars, Never More(still get chills right when this song starts), School Days, A Lone Prayer, Pursuing My True Self, Heaven

Overall I like the vocal tracks way more than the non vocal tracks in these games.

Just gave Heartful Cry a relisten and yeah....that's really fucking good. Better than I remembered.

todd360

Saw the P3 movie last night. Really enjoyed it. Especially on how they handled Makoto's character and Fuuka's story.

I had fun watching it as well. I love how the team actually uses weapons unlike persona 4 anime. The only downside was it felt to short. Thats probably because I waited for over a year to see this though lol.

Number one, Burn my Dread. Number two, Mass Destruction. In case you haven't already noticed, I'm a sucker for Persona 3, these 2 are my most favorite vocal tracks. A honorable mention goes to SMTIV's Sdds IV also as my non-vocal favorite. Had that track on repeat on my iPod when the game came out.

Soriku

Non-vocal: Too many to choose from between P2 PSP, P3, and P4 for me so I can't say.

Vocal: It's probably between Heaven, Mass Destruction, and Pursuing My True Self.

pariah164

Let's see... Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, Persona 3, Persona 3 FES, Persona 3 Portable, Persona 1 (PSP), Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PSP), Persona 4, Persona 4 Golden, aaaaaaand Shin Megami Tensei IV.

TEJ

I didn't know where to exactly ask this, but seeing as there are a decent number of PSP persona games...

.....what is a good, reliable psp ac adapter for a low price I can buy on amazon? Most of what I see on amazon is low in cost but very shady.

I was given a psp by neighbors, a 3000 model, great condition but no ac adapter.

Mdesilva

So, I wouldn't read too far into this at all, but Persona Q's release date is listed as September 30th, 2014 on IGN. Sounds plausible enough, I guess. But it could be a bit early.

DblvFPe.jpg

I've only played P3 FES The Journey and P4/most of P4G so I'm a complete casual

Plan on trying out a bunch of other SMT/Persona games during the summer though

As for favorite Persona tracks...

Unavoidable Battle remains one of my favorite non-vocal tracks, and I really like P3 FES and Pursuing my True Self as vocal songs

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!

If it's just played, oh god...

In order-ish of release date, Megami Tensei 1 and 2 (I own boxed Famicom copies), SMT1 and 2, Majin Tensei I and II, Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei (MT1 and 2 Super Famicom remake), SMT if, Soul Hackers (Saturn and 3DS versions), Persona 1 and both 2s, Last Bible, SMT Trading Card: Card Summoner (it's a real thing!) one of the GBA Devil Children games, SMT3 (Dante and Raidou versions), DDS1 and 2, Persona 3 and 4, Raidou 2, Devil Survivor 1 and 2, Strange Journey, SMT4, Persona 4 Arena (arcade and PS3), and last and definitely least, SMT: Imagine. I also own a sealed copy of SMT: Nine that I hope to break out one of these days once I've modded my original Xbox to be region free. (&#65377;&#8790;&#3636;&#8255;&#8790;&#3636;)

Only beaten a handful of those, which would be Innocent Sin, P3 and 4, DDS1 and 2, Devil Survivor 1 and 2, and SMT4, but otherwise most all of the games on that list have had decent playtime out of me. My main issue is that I didn't grow up playing RPGs in general as someone who started off pretty late on a Genesis, so my patience for some mechanics is tested with the older games, even if I can recognize that they're otherwise generally very well made games for their time. A handful like Raidou I just don't think I'll ever get into even if the setting is fantastic because the way the combat mechanics are handled just rub me the wrong way, but otherwise I wouldn't consider what I've played of the games I haven't beaten to be wastes of time.

Still really pissed it took me three hours to recruit a Gnome as my first demon in Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei though. Cheapass wanting every last macca in my meager wallet.

Menome

Digital Devil Saga 1 + 2, Persona 4 and as of yesterday, Persona 4 Arena. I've seen/read enough about Persona 3 to know most of the plot and who the main characters were, so they're not complete strangers to me in Arena.

Shin Megami Tensei: SMT1 iOS, SMT 1 SNES, SMT 2 SNES, SMT: Nocturne, SMT: Strange Journey, SMTIV, SMT Online: Imagine
Devil Summoner: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha VS The Soulless Army, Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha VS King Abbadon
Devil Survivor: Devil Survivor, Devil Survivor Overclocked, Devil Survivor 2
Digital Devil Saga: Digital Devil Saga, Digital Devil Saga 2
Persona: Revelations Persona, Persona 1 Portable, Persona 2 Innocent Sin, Persona 2 Innocent Sin Portable, Persona 2 Eternal Punishment, Persona 3, Persona 3 FES, Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4, Persona 4 Golden, Persona 4 Arena.

Games left to play: JACK BROS.

Non-vocal: Mist, Spirited Girl, Living With Determination -Reincarnation-

Vocal: Oh God, there are so many I like... But I'll pick Burn My Dread, Let Butterflies Spread Until the Dawn and Reach Out To The Truth (mostly because of the live version)

And that's just because I wanted to pick only a few.

CorvoSol

SMT I have played: SMTIV, Persona 4 Golden, Persona 3 Portable (both sides), Persona 4 Arena, Persona 1 Portable, Persona 2: Innocent Sin Portable.

My favorite vocal in the series is: Snowflakes from Persona 4.

My favorite instrumental in the series is: Danger Zone from Persona 3.

To add 1 and 2 to the list, my favorite Vocal from that era is Let Butterflies Spread Until the Dawn from Persona 1 and my favorite song in Persona 2 is Knights of the Holy Lance.

pan-hime

games: the Persona series on PSP/Vita.

favorite vocals: Burn My Dread, Snowflakes, and Let Butterflies Spread Until the Dawn.

non-vocals: Joy, Master of Tartarus, Maya's theme (sad and the FES remix) and Heartful Cry.

LX_Theo

Banned
I just noticed something. Would Sun qualify as a vocal or non-vocal track? It has voices, but they're more used like instruments than as a singer with lyrics and all, lol.

Levito

Banned
The SMT games I've played: Soul Hackers, Nocturne, Persona 3, Persona 3: FES, Persona 4, Persona 4: Golden (Clearly I'm not very tr00)

Favorite vocals: Let Butterflies Spread Until the Dawn, Mass Destruction, Snowflakes

Favorite instrumentals: Mist(Fog), Battle For Everyone's Souls, Princess Amagi-ya

Wazzy

Banned
Girl has a different soundtrack, different social links (including ones with the whole party!) and a different personality from the boy. FWIW, I did both at the same time (and I still feel that's the right way to do it, side by side).

I would say you should start with the male route since you will see the male protagonist in the movie, PQ, etc. Or at least play both at the same time as Corvo said.

fyi, the male one is the canon one, so I would recommend doing his first. You haven't played P3 if you haven't hung out with your bro Kenji a few times.

edit: if they don't use Igor they probably won't choose Margaret or Marie. Kind of like how they didn't use Elizabeth in P4.

PQ as well. For the sake of consistency it should be a consideration imo. All depends how much interest you have outside of the main games, I guess.

Will throw my usual P3 suggestion out, play FES first.
Hmmmm

I'll probs just do both but I'm still thinking I want to start with the female MC.

Thanks y'all! I'll think more about it when I'm done P4.

P4 update: grinding a little bit and increasing my social links(talking to Dojimaaaaaaaa and also I chose soccer team for sports) until next victim.

PK Gaming

Hmmmm

I'll probs just do both but I'm still thinking I want to start with the female MC.

Thanks y'all! I'll think more about it when I'm done P4.

P4 update: grinding a little bit and increasing my social links(talking to Dojimaaaaaaaa and also I chose soccer team for sports) until next victim.

Unpopular opinion: Forget about canon and go with whichever path you prefer. Remember, Persona 3 is a 60-70 hour game, so chances are you won't want to dive right back in after finishing it once.

I definitely wouldn't recommended playing through Makoto's path in the P3P version. P3FES is something that should be experienced, and it's ideal way of playing through Makoto's storyline.

kewlmyc

Games: Persona 3 FES, Persona 4, Persona 4 Golden, Persona 3 Portable (not finished), Persona 4 Arena, SMT IV

Non-Vocal: Heartful Cry, I'll Face Myself, SSDS IV

Vocal: Mass Destruction, Time to Make History

arue

SMT games I've played/currently playing: P2:IS, P3, P4, DeSu1, DeSu2, Strange Journey, Raidou1, DDS1.

Favorite non-vocal song: Memories of the Garden (those January feelings </3), Battle for Everyone's Soul.

Favorite vocal song: Want to be Close, Mass Destruction, Kimi no Kioku, Heaven, Deep Breath Deep Breath Reincarnation.

Moonlight

Banned
Shin Megami Tensei games I've played: P2IS, P2EP (well, playing), Soul Hackers, Shin Megami Tensei 4, Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2, Persona 3 Portable, Persona 3 FES, Persona 4 Golden, and Devil Survivor 1 and 2 (and Overclocked).

Favourite vocal songs: Snowflakes, Wiping All Out, Time, Heaven, Never More, Memories of You

Favourite non-vocal songs: Danger Zone, Battle For Everyone's Souls, Maya's Theme, SMILE

Unpopular opinion: Forget about canon and go with whichever path you prefer. Remember, Persona 3 is a 60-70 hour game, so chances are you won't want to dive right back in after finishing it once.

I definitely wouldn't recommended playing through Makoto's path in the P3P version. P3FES is something that should be experienced, and it's ideal way of playing through Makoto's storyline.
I agree with this. If you wanna go with FeMC, go with FeMC. When it comes to the broad strokes, the two 'storylines' are pretty much identical anyways.

Acid08

Banned
With P3 for me, it's less about the boy/girl thing and more about the FES/Portable thing. Very against Portable being someone's first exposure to P3. So kinda by default I side with Makoto's side of the story since that's what FES is. Definitely think FeMC is worth playing after though. Or even at the same time, playing FES can give you a better visual for what's happening in Portable and Portable can give more insight into the characters.

So, I wouldn't read too far into this at all, but Persona Q's release date is listed as September 30th, 2014 on IGN. Sounds plausible enough, I guess. But it could be a bit early.

DblvFPe.jpg

Sounds possible, it would be a good move from Atlus, considering the amount of AAA games coming in November-December, that way the sales of the game won't be affected.

Ciaobaka

Neo Member
So I finally was able to listen to the first episode of Slink. It was really cool hearing about how some of you found Persona!

Only P3FES and P4G. I have SMT Nocturne, DDS1 and DDS2 but I haven't gotten around to playing them yet.

It's difficult coming up with just one but I see everyone's cheating and posting multiple bests, so I'll do that too.

Non Vocal: Living with Determination (Iwatodai dorm version), Battle for Everyone's Souls, Heartful Cry
if P4A counts then Princess Amagi Traditional Taste mix

Vocal: Heaven, Pursuing My True Self , Shadow World

Sophia

Hmm, non Vocal would have to be a three way tie between Main Theme A / Main Theme B (from Persona 2 Innocent Sin) and Heartful Cry. A Corner of Memories from P4 is a good runner up however.

Vocal.... tie again between Kimi no Tomari and Mass Destruction.

Games played (not necessarily beaten, but some were): Persona 1, 2 Innocent Sin Portable, 3 FES, 3 Portable, 4 Golden, Arena, Soul Hackers, Raidou 1, Jack Bros. I also have DDS and plan on starting that up tonight. I do plan on working on Eternal Punishment but I want to finish IS first

I also played some vanilla 4 briefly before I got to Golden, but it wasn't much so I'm not exactly counting it.

Favorite nonvocal - Battle For Everyone's Souls (unless you count the One-Woman Wail as vocals, but they're not actual lyrics so...)

Favorite vocal - picking is hard, but I think I'll settle on Burn My Dread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom