• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrovex

PersonaGAF, which SMT (including Persona) games have you all played?

For myself, it's only P3/4, and I'm almost done with SMT4. I also just started Innocent Sin and acquired Nocturne, DDS, and Soul Hackers.

I have played P3, P4 (OG/Golden), and Persona 2: IS. I thought the last game was abysmal excluding the writing and characters. I own SMT IV though, and I plan to play it relatively soon.

Nimby

Banned
Non-vocal: P3 Unavoidable Battle, P4 I'll Face Myself, P3 Master of Shadow

Vocal: P3 Burn My Dread, P3P Wiping All Out, P3 Deep Breath Deep Breath

EDIT: Ahh, just Persona tracks. That changes things a little.

Haha, same here. All 4 (now 5) different versions of it.

Man, Mass Destruction is SO good. Lotus Juice will perform in my country in two weeks, and of course I'm gonna be there. He even said he'll play some Persona songs. I'll be happy just with Mass Destruction and Fate Is In Our Hands, but I don't really know what to expect.

PK Gaming

tumblr_mrpmfhiFcS1qedir6o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrpmfhiFcS1qedir6o2_500.jpg

tumblr_mrpmfhiFcS1qedir6o3_500.jpg

All I asked him was his type...

Only P3FES and P4G. I have SMT Nocturne, DDS1 and DDS2 but I haven't gotten around to playing them yet.

It's difficult coming up with just one but I see everyone's cheating and posting multiple bests, so I'll do that too.

Non Vocal: Living with Determination (Iwatodai dorm version), Battle for Everyone's Souls, Heartful Cry
if P4A counts then Princess Amagi Traditional Taste mix

Vocal: Heaven, Pursuing My True Self , Shadow World

Ha yeah. I see many people posting more than one....despicable!

I don't blame them though. The OST's are so good.

Man, Mass Destruction is SO good. Lotus Juice will perform in my country in two weeks, and of course I'm gonna be there. He even said he'll play some Persona songs. I'll be happy just with Mass Destruction and Fate Is In Our Hands, but I don't really know what to expect.

The new Lotus Juice song for P3 Midsummer Knight sounds awesome: Fate in our Hands

Meia

Been thinking about the whole Atlus USA thing and which games we'd be getting when.

I have to imagine the fighting game is first, as it's one that has to come out close to the JPN release. Is it possible PQ is September? Maybe, I guess it depends just how much vocal work is actually in the game, and how much is just text.

We also have the rhythm game to worry about, but I have to guess that one is going to fall by the wayside for Persona 5. Is P4D even coming out in JPN before P5?

kewlmyc

I still need to finish my FeMC route. The file got corrupted on my Vita halfway though the game, so I said fuck it and never went back.

Shes not even the best female protagonist in the series! (your opinion on Maya is non canon of course!)
Yes yes, we know Buttha.

CorvoSol

Shes not even the best female protagonist in the series! (your opinion on Maya is non canon of course!)

I don't understand. There's only ever been one female protagonist in this series, and that was in 3P. Always did find it weird how the series skipped straight from 1 to 3.

I had a fever dream where there was a second game and it lasted for 2 games, but I mean, that's not very likely. Who makes a sequel to a 2nd game and doesn't label it 3? Square Enix? Besides, shit had
Hitler in it. What kind of video game has Hitler in it?

Nachos

Vocal: School Days
Non-Vocal: The Almighty

Also, I've been gone awhile. How did everyone react to Ken getting revealed?

Been thinking about the whole Atlus USA thing and which games we'd be getting when.

I have to imagine the fighting game is first, as it's one that has to come out close to the JPN release. Is it possible PQ is September? Maybe, I guess it depends just how much vocal work is actually in the game, and how much is just text.

We also have the rhythm game to worry about, but I have to guess that one is going to fall by the wayside for Persona 5. Is P4D even coming out in JPN before P5?
I think it's possible. All of these games need to be ready months in advance so that they can pass certification and have physical copies pressed. I assume it takes even more time if they are planning for a physical release with a first-run bonus. That's assuming it's not a placeholder date, though.

Acid08

Banned
Never watched it. I remember watching Outlaw Star and Samurai Champloo on Toonami though. Waaayyy back in the day.
Bebop is great. Amazing music, beautiful animation, and a great ending. It does tend to kinda get overrated by people though. It's the anime that people who don't even like anime tend to enjoy.

Did a whole run through Cowboy Bebop recently, and that show truly is a classic. Some don't hold up after a few years, but this one is something special. It is also one of the only animes that I would rather watch dubbed than subbed. Overall it's really good, I would recommend watching it if you haven't already!

pariah164

Cowboy Bebop is amazing. That and Outlaw Star were my jam back in the day. And agree about the dub. The dub voices are perfect, and actually work better than the Japanese voices.

Back on topic, I still hate Ken. Every time I start to like him, I remember everything from P3 and just rage all over again.

Ditto, another really spanking good dub is Samurai Champloo! I hate to say this, but "man they just don't make them like they used to" ahaha. And Kill la kill dubbed? Ouuuu, I will have to check that out. I could see it going very, very wrong though. It has lots of scenes that could potentially be really awkward if heard in English I think LOL. The whole show is wacky though, so who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom