• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found it quite funny how the two of them kept apologizing to her about "sorry we ruined your song with all the misheard lyrics" and she replied something like "no I liked them I think i'll use it for the next concert".

FluxWaveZ

The Golden Arena Mode translation Pepsiman talked about.

my bet is on Ken getting revealed in a month or so.

Hm, given that the people who said it would be too early to hype Ken up so soon after Rise were right, within a month also sounds too early.

What I thought of the Persona media cycle has been right so far, but I'm sure it'll stray soon. Still, I think June sounds a bit better than May. I feel that, given the Best Buy leak, they might want to show off Ken as a console character next to Rise and, given that P4AU will undoubtedly be at E3, maybe he'd be promoted there after being revealed shortly before.

Edit: We should at least start seeing some English videos in May, if the media pattern from P4A is any indication.

Meia

Every time I accidentally left the protagonist idle too long and he put his hands in his pockets while running I had to stop him to get them out because who seriously runs like that.

Thank god, I thought I was the only one that did that. :D

But no, if neither new character is going to be in the arcade, I can see them spreading out the reveals to keep dat hype train going. Even if people KNOW it's Ken, we don't know what he looks like(which is a major draw for the P3 fans), nor how he'll play like.

Preliminary version of Ken's P4U artwork:

zDP3m3B.jpg

Even if Ken is revealed down the road, I find it hard to believe that ATLUS would leave him till last. He's like the most underwhelming character out of the six.

Then again, I heard he was highly requested when the first Arena was announced, so what the hell do I know?

They moved Aigis's activation date and some more of P3's background info to 2000, but Akihiko's story mentions P3 happening three years ago, lining up with 2009-2010. In addition, the first part of Mitsuru's story also has to have some kind of typo in it (potential P3 spoilers). It begins in late November 2010:
Public Security Man: According to the documents, (the Dark Hour) seems to have occurred every night at midnight for about ten years until spring 2011, as if forcing its way into normal time.

It makes no sense for a man in 2010 to be talking about the Dark Hour ending in 2011. It's also much more logical for Mitsuru to be forming the Shadow Operatives months after the end of P3 and graduating high school, as opposed to a few months before the game ends.
That makes much more sense. There are a lot of misprints in Arena.

And I would make sure to keep his hands in his pockets, just to bug you.
:|

I was so convinced that I would wake up and find gameplay videos of Ken... Oh well...

In any case, PSC having Yumi Kawamura as a "surprise guest" (well, she wasn't there, from what I'm watching now, but hey, at least it's something) and showing gameplay for a character just revealed yesterday is something good. I assume that it means the show is getting more popular, right?

Edit: NEVERMIND, I should finish the episode before talking about Yumi

Levito

Banned
HEY we're doing dramatic readings of Persona fanfiction tonight and a spot opened, if you have a good mic and are comfortable reading details about Teddie scoring, send me a PM.

Rise's idle battle animation
k0A44gJ.gif

Her stance is very of Elvis like.

The battle for everyone's blue suede shoes.

Tamanon

Banned
I think jean shorts are generally only acceptable for women. Men, it's fallen out of favor in the US.

I'm sure the College Football thread would be available if anyone needs clarification of jorts.

Dantis

Rise's idle (OR SHOULD I SAY IDOL, HAHAHAHAHA) animation is really well done. Better than most of the characters, for sure (Probably all of them, to be honest).

I'd love to, but they like to pretend that they live in a magical world where citing sources robs them of ad revenue, so I'm not holding my breath. When I've called them out on it, Ishaan just condescendingly said that the timing coincidentally worked out that they had their article up like 12 hours after mine and that "they were saving it for a good opportunity to post it for maximum impact." Then I was offered to submit content to them on the provision that I would be okay with having it be checked by their own supposed team of translators that I suspect doesn't exist because of the slip-ups they've made and routinely continue to make.

They're a fun bunch to deal with, suffice it to say.

Hmm. What a lamer.

CorvoSol

So my man, would you say at this point the story is actually good?

At this point yes, yes it is. I wish I knew the name of the song that plays during some scenes, but that song makes this whole game. I swear it's in Persona 4, too.

Wow, you catch on quick

That was indeed his Shadow, and his dialogue is influenced on your "actions" throughout the game. In fact, he gives you the items needed to fuse the ultimate Personas.

The Malevolent Entity and Nyarlathotep share far too many traits, though with the way the new Persona team has, it's always possible that it's a mere coincidence. Or perhaps the M.E is based on Nyarlathotep.

Do you plan on hitting Persona 2 by any chance? I'd love to hear your thoughts on the game's narrative.

After I finish P1 I have to decide if I'm going to immediately do the Snow Queen Route, or just move on to Persona 2 and leave Snow Queen for another day.

HEY we're doing dramatic readings of Persona fanfiction tonight and a spot opened, if you have a good mic and are comfortable reading details about Teddie scoring, send me a PM.

Her stance is very of Elvis like.

The battle for everyone's blue suede shoes.

The temptation to agree to this is strong.

Also, may I submit to the Elvis Persona mashup: "Y'ain't nothin' but a Persona Dog."

CorvoSol

I wore jean shorts back in 2006 as a kid, y'all can't tell me nuthin. Nuthin. Mainly because I wore them before they were hated.

:|

I had a pink lunch box in junior high school. Does anyone care to surpass that level of awkward teenage fashion?

FluxWaveZ

Rise's got so many moves that rely on her Persona; it seems her general playstyle requires Himiko's presence. She doesn't seem to have the greatest of normals, either. And yet, she only has 4 Persona cards. She seems pretty versatile with her Persona, so I guess it'll be pretty valuable to not be wasting those cards.

Interested in seeing what analysis does. And I wonder if that super at 2:26 was deliberately hidden, or if it's just unfinished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom