• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

"my armor" is actually gone

but

I guess it didn't help -_-

This is the worst news ever to come home to. 0/10. Not buying Ultimax now and burning my copy of Arena. How will I ever play as Aigis now if I don't know about MY ARMOR!?
/s

Also, in terms of sexual appeal, Narukami wins out. Manly man > bishounen. Even if they're both hot!

Also, in terms of sexual appeal, Narukami wins out. Manly man > bishounen. Even if they're both hot!
Posted this before, but Makoto just needs to spend a year in Inaba.
whCh1ad.jpg

FluxWaveZ

Wouldn't the final boss's theme be Minazuki's though? P4A's final boss theme was just Shadow
Labrys'
theme. Unless the final boss is some non-playable character.

That would be Minazuki's theme. Perhaps one would have assumed that Minazuki's theme would be the "final boss" theme if he was actually the enemy in the game's theoretical final confrontation, but we don't know if that's the case. Even if it were, that could still be the theme that is played during that battle. Either way, the theme that was played sounds more ominous and foreboding than Minazuki's theme by a very large margin, and given that it's an original theme that's never been heard of until now, it's not like it's simply an extra BGM that's being added into the mix for the kicks.

And, technically, P4A's "final boss" theme was usually "The Almighty".

What do you mean? If anything, I'd think that Naoto and Yosuke are the only competent members of the IT. The case wouldn't have been solved without them. But I'd agree that the other characters are just kinda there...

I don't mean just in terms of exposition or giving orders, since that ultimately is about other characters. Since this is an MC debate, I'm also talking about the MC's stature.

In P3 you are a second year high school student in a group mixed between second year students like yourself, and third year students with a larger history.

In P4, the grade is the same as P3 but you are part of the oldest portion of your group this time. Not only that but you discover the alternate world filled with shadows first, you are the first to get your persona and you are the one leading the charge. Everyone else just kind of comes together and follows.

They are different games with different plots. But P3MC's design makes the plot seem bigger. He's still the main character but things don't revolve just around him. I think that's more interesting.

wmlk

He's still the main character but things don't revolve just around him. I think that's more interesting.

I agree and love this part about P3MC. It just kind of went too far for its own good sometimes in my opinion.
Aigis sealing part of Ryoji inside P3MC when he was an infant just came out of nowhere, and it really made the whole relationship with Aigis forced and polarizing. Main reason why I dislike Aigis as well. You literally get blasted with a ton of backstory on the bridge and it's totally out of your control.

I would have preferred no backstory for a protagonist that is largely a blank slate, but that's basically my only qualm for character development. It's just something that led to convolution and it didn't impress me.

DNAbro

I don't mean just in terms of exposition or giving orders, since that ultimately is about other characters. Since this is an MC debate, I'm also talking about the MC's stature.

In P3 you are a second year high school student in a group mixed between second year students like yourself, and third year students with a larger history.

In P4, the grade is the same as P3 but you are part of the oldest portion of your group this time. Not only that but you discover the alternate world filled with shadows first, you are the first to get your persona and you are the one leading the charge. Everyone else just kind of comes together and follows.

They are different games with different plots. But P3MC's design makes the plot seem bigger. He's still the main character but things don't revolve just around him. I think that's more interesting.

You just made me realize P4 MC had no one to call senpai.

P5 needs more senpai.

having a super genius 15 year old with police connections be the only reason you're able to solve the mystery in P4 is one of the worst parts of that game's writing.

and I much prefer P3MC's role as just being a "member of the group" rather than Yu's super leader abilities. OG P4 was seriously missing some member bonding that didn't involve you.

edit: random but man Mist is so much better than The Genesis it's not even funny. How can one boss fight go from such a hype song to some "epic" piece that isn't even that good is beyond me.

having a super genius 15 year old with police connections be the only reason you're able to solve the mystery in P4 is one of the worst parts of that game's writing.

and I much prefer P3MC's role as just being a "member of the group" rather than Yu's super leader abilities. OG P4 was seriously missing some member bonding that didn't involve you.

edit: random but man Mist is so much better than The Genesis it's not even funny. How can one boss fight go from such a hype song to some "epic" piece that isn't even that good is beyond me.

Yet all she does when she joins is just sort of become a parrot and repeat everything everyone knew like 4 times

Andrefpvs

Oh come on. Mist is probably my favourite final boss theme (in truth it's The Battle for Everyone's Souls, but I've kind of burned myself out on that one, haha), but don't tell me you didn't get goosebumps when (spoiler tagging for people who haven't finished P4 or P4G)
Genesis turns into the chorus of Reach Out To The Truth
. I thought that was pretty neat :)

biodude

Neo Member
Playing the answer right now, just started the last door.

I love Persona 3 and it was really cool with the story addition + controlling Aigis, but its extremely rinse and repeat- and its really starting to get to me.

I expected a grind fest from the start, but Fuuka keeps repeating herself and the same events keep happening (
I've located the ~mysterious~ shadow, you're close!, I wonder what he is, enemy incoming-mini boss fight!, I've lost him, sorry...
) and there's literally no information what so ever given to you about whats happening /anything about Metis during the earlier doors.

Its not even like a puzzle coming together when you progress through each door. Its flat out just grinding with a few short flashbacks, up until I assume the very last part of the last door- where they're probably going to spring everything at you at once.

I kinda get what they're getting at with the flash backs, but everything is still way too ambiguous and repetitive (progression wise) to compensate for the last 25 hours straight of grinding.

Its taking all of my persona hype just to push through this last bit of the answer. It was bearable for a while but now its just getting annoying. At least I'm close to the end- I wish the answer was a bit more of an enjoyable experience up until this point. I'm hoping the ending/near the end is worth it.

Andrefpvs

Playing the answer right now, just started the last door.

I love Persona 3 and it was really cool with the story addition + controlling Aigis, but its extremely rinse and repeat- and its really starting to get to me.

I expected a grind fest from the start, but Fuuka keeps repeating herself and the same events keep happening (
I've located the ~mysterious~ shadow, you're close!, I wonder what he is, enemy incoming-mini boss fight!, I've lost him, sorry...
) and there's literally no information what so ever given to you about whats happening /anything about Metis during the earlier doors.

Its not even like a puzzle coming together when you progress through each door. Its flat out just grinding with a few short flashbacks, up until I assume the very last part of the last door- where they're probably going to spring everything at you at once.

I kinda get what they're getting at with the flash backs, but everything is still way too ambiguous and repetitive (progression wise) to compensate for the last 25 hours straight of grinding.

Its taking all of my persona hype just to push through this last bit of the answer. It was bearable for a while but now its just getting annoying. At least I'm close to the end- I wish the answer was a bit more of an enjoyable experience up until this point. I'm hoping the ending/near the end is worth it.

If you're at the final door, then you're approaching the best parts of The Answer. You're going to get your reward soon for putting up with that, trust me!

PK Gaming

I don't recall Naoto being the only reason you could solve the mystery.

Squire

Banned
I prefer broken record player, myself.

PersonaGAFs Greatest Hits! Vol. 1

-"Where's P5?"
-"FeMC isn't canon"
-"I wish Arena wasn't canon"
-"Persona 3/4 are too anime"
-"Where P1/2 at?"
-"Naoto's an idiot"
-"Seriously, Arena is so bad"
-"Where's P5? (Remix feat. JL Hardtime and NichM tha Menace)"

^To be fair, she got better in PQ and especially in P4A

-"Where's P5?"
-"FeMC isn't canon"
-"Where P1/2 at?"
-"Naoto's an idiot"

You forgot Europe. Are you Atlus?

Moonlight

Banned

-"Where's P5?"
-"FeMC isn't canon"
-"Where P1/2 at?"
-"Naoto's an idiot"
10/10

Caladrius

-"Where's P5?"
-"FeMC isn't canon"
-"Where P1/2 at?"
-"Naoto's an idiot"

You forgot "Caladrius says weird shit for no reason."

Silky

Banned

-"Where's P5?"
-"FeMC isn't canon"
-"Where P1/2 at?"
-"Naoto's an idiot"

Z0Gnsms.gif

Levito

Banned

-"Where's P5?"
-"FeMC isn't canon"
-"Where P1/2 at?"
-"Naoto's an idiot"

Remember back before PersonaGAF sold out and they'd recommend Dantis anime and get in fights about funky student?

PGAF sold out.

-"Where's P5?"
-"FeMC isn't canon"
-"Where P1/2 at?"
-"Naoto's an idiot"

I would add secret tracks of
"Who's my waifu?"