• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_inline_mwrnx0MaG41s3iabo.gif

perfect

Jintor

How did you listen again? I didn't know that you could rewind this stuff, haha. TIME STAMP ME, JINTOR.

I was comparing the other way since twitch doesn't have a live rewind feature. I dunno man I'm pretty sure it was a) an extension of a theme I've heard but b) an extension I hadn't heard before

Levito

Banned
"I like that people that don't like our company spend time watching us play games on stream."

Keeping it real. I love the Atlus USA folks. XD

FluxWaveZ

I was comparing the other way since twitch doesn't have a live rewind feature. I dunno man I'm pretty sure it was a) an extension of a theme I've heard but b) an extension I hadn't heard before

There was no theme extension. What you heard were vocals added to the main P4AU theme used for the main menu, if I recall correctly. Perhaps you had just heard an incomplete version until now.

FluxWaveZ

Danger Zone was already confirmed to be in the game, right?

Yes. Remember, this game's been out since last year. A lot of these songs were already in the arcade version.

Rematch button actually confirmed, which will make many people happy. Seems that most major issues from P4A have been fixed in the sequel, which is awesome.

"I like that people that don't like our company spend time watching us play games on stream."
Keeping it real. I love the Atlus USA folks. XD

Oh yeah it's nice considering after seeing this lovely comment from the twitch chat
"It's clear that AtlusUSA doesn't care about it's fanbase or potential consumers as they refuse to interact or acknowledge the comments or criticisms in this stream chat; despite the fact they should be able to see everything. Boycott AtlusUSA."
Ya know, considering the fact that they took time out of their busy work day to do this shows how much they do care about their fanbase, and are excited for the game as we are.

kewlmyc

Daily Reminder:

-Consistently uses the manly-as-hell おれ (ore) pronoun in all adaptations
-Leader of the investigation team
-Cool and wild
-Distinct, stylish haircut
-His Persona is a god

-Consistently uses the deferential ぼく (boku) pronoun in all adaptions
-Field leader of SEES
-Shy and very cute
-Anime haircut that obscures vision
-His Persona is a mortal
MY CHARACTER INSERT IS BETTER THAN YOURS!!!

FluxWaveZ

They used her in a fight with Shadow Kanji, heard her on character select screen as well as match intro. During the fight it seems to be a mix of old and new VA.

Are you sure? I paid very close attention to everything Naoto was saying in her fight vs. Shadow Kanji and none of it sounded new at all.

Daily Reminder:

-Cool and wild
-His Persona is a god

-Field leader of SEES
-Shy and very cute
-His Persona is a mortal
Yu's waayyy better. Especially because of this:

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, pretty sure. Most of us in the IRC agree as well.

I must have missed some audio cues while listening to the Atlus staff's commentary as well. So mostly re-used voice clips from the previous VA, with some new ones added in? I hope that doesn't sound too jarring.

When she used Blight (that's her new move, right?), I noticed that her voice was indeed different, but not that much.

Right! That's one of her new moves I should have looked out for specifically.

I must have missed some audio cues while listening to the Atlus staff's commentary as well. So mostly re-used voice clips from the previous VA, with some new ones added in? I hope that doesn't sound too jarring.

Right! That's one of her new moves I should have looked out for specifically.

Yeah, it seems that way. Although from what I heard, its nearly perfect. Probably after a couple matches playing it wont even be noticeable anymore.

Xenoflare

FeMC all the way.

Whatever, the reason why she's un-canon is because if she was then if blew both of your character inserts to the moon.

I never liked any of the persona protagonists, I just really don't like a silent protag in a linear game as Persona, for SMT? Sure, for Persona? No thanks

Daily Reminder:

-Cool and wild
-His Persona is a god

-Field leader of SEES
-Shy and very cute
-His Persona is a mortal

I don't get it

wmlk

Was the bar from Catherine inspired by any specific one? Seems like the game itself has a lot of inspiration from different stuff.

A while back it was asked whether we wanted a blank slate progatonist or one with a history.

I said blank slate but perhaps there's some merit to having some background info. I think P3MC's origins are why I favor him over the P4MC.

Also I liked being just the field leader. It made the group's work/importance distribution seem more even. (As much as you can for a game where you control only one character)
I liked having seniors who had further ties to your goals and the plot.
It's laughable how in P4 no one is close to being on equal footing with you in any way.

It's laughable how in P4 no one is close to being on equal footing with you in any way.
What do you mean? If anything, I'd think that Naoto and Yosuke are the only competent members of the IT. The case wouldn't have been solved without them. But I'd agree that the other characters are just kinda there...

PK Gaming

A while back it was asked whether we wanted a blank slate progatonist or one with a history.

I said blank slate but perhaps there's some merit to having some background info. I think P3MC's origins are why I favor him over the P4MC.

Also I liked being just the field leader. It made the group's work/importance distribution seem more even. (As much as you can for a game where you control only one character)
I liked having seniors who had further ties to your goals and the plot.

Yosuke is the de-facto “second-in-command” of the Investigation Team. He pretty much spearheads it, and is by far the most diligent member. He's definitely on par with the P4 protagonist.

Also, even though I (jokingly) stated that the P3 protagonist was the field leader, the P3 gang more or less treats him as a leader anyway. Heck, he's constantly called "leader" in the drama CDs and he's referred as such in PQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom